Discussion On Your Daily Ride

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably he was wondering why he could not get rid off this little peanut even after 180kph, then he moved over trying to check me out.

ZC32S recon was asking about 98k last year. Now used cars people are asking around 60-70k, but some can go down to 55k.

Well B18C EG6 is also bloody fast leh. But yeah I also suspect it's actually more like FD2R.
At 98k for a recon ZC32S, that is just a little bit different from the price of a new one. Not worth it for such price.

I got some free time to write so this is it...the old W124 200.

Its long, very long and its in old man colour. Looks very handsome from the side.
The rear is not very distinctive. Some might mistaken it with a 190E.

Smartly placed safety triangle.
The boot is huge, no wonder some mafia loves to use this car till these days. It can at least fit 2 adult in there.

[/URL][/IMG]
Interior is basic compared to today std. But bear in mind both front seats are powered adjusted. Even the headrest will go up and down by flicking a control panel at the door. Up, Down, Front, Back, Recline front, Recline back...u name it, it has that. How comfy is the seat? Its a Mercedes remember.

Seat control button. Even modern merc has this but in more elegant design.

Super simple center console. I marked the switch.Those are actual wood over there.

Lights switch. And yes, I can adjust the height of the headlight. Its vacuum operated just like the door locks.
The stalk behind the steering is for controlling the indicators and windscreen wipers.

The gear console...I did mentioned before this car will move from standstill using 2nd gear right. To get it moving on 1st gear u just need to floor it or pull the gear lever to "2" and back to D. Just smile at those surprise faces of other drivers when u do this. Powered side mirror is only on the left. For the right side, just be a man and adjust it yourself.

Not just my boy, my wife will seat at the back when we took this car out. Its spacious and comfy back here.

Fasten your seatbelt please......aircraft style. This car is not perfect. Notice the broken sunshade holder for the passenger side. Those even more attentive to detail will notice the small sunshade just in case the sun manage to glare your eyes by using the gap between the rear view mirror and the top of the windscreen.

This meter panel is taken from different variant of W124 so not all function is used. The fuel gauge is renamed as the 'haunted' gauge. Its because of how quick it drop and how it dances after a high speed run. BTW if the surrounding is quiet enough u can hear the analogue clock ticking.

A sight W124 owners will see most frequently.
Notice the Merc Logo at the fuel cap....attention to detail.

Remember the small key thing I told in previous post? This is it. so far I cant find what is it actually for.

The heart of this barge. Nothing special, just not frugal.

Some German class needed here....

Nope, its not AMG wheel. Its AMB and its made in Germany. Could not find more. BTW the car wheel arch and undercarriage was painted using underseal long time ago. A DIY job which took 1 week. All 4 corners are on solid steel disc brake which is never enough and convincing as the car is very heavy.

I will keep this car for another 2 weeks before I retake my Waja. I like this car, its not obvious but majestic in a subtle way.
This barge can go fast but it does not like sudden input. U have to feed the steering input gently to appreciate the smooth ride even at speed.
If u rush the input the body roll will makes you back off immediately. Why I don't want to keep it longer?
The fc is bad with my driving style...I just cant help it, the car has so much torque. I am getting about 7km/l..Ouch.

Next I will discuss about one of the below rides in the picture below....the 2 wheelers is included.
This is a very interesting post here explaining about the W124. I'm seeing these W124 very often on the roads but it never crossed my mind on how advanced these cars were back then. It made its debut more than 30 years ago. Finally you showed pics of your Waja, Pajero and BLM after reading about them for so long in ZTH.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
At 98k for a recon ZC32S, that is just a little bit different from the price of a new one. Not worth it for such price.

This is a very interesting post here explaining about the W124. I'm seeing these W124 very often on the roads but it never crossed my mind on how advanced these cars were back then. It made its debut more than 30 years ago. Finally you showed pics of your Waja, Pajero and BLM after reading about them for so long in ZTH.
You might be reading about my waja sooner than my plan 2 weeks as otw back from work today i unleashed the Merc up to 160kmh twice..once after entering lebuh SPA from Batu Berendam and another time after Stadium Hang Jebat traffic light....very2 bad for fc...but its that tempting.

I think the speedo could be inaccurate...160kmh felt too easy and too slow.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I got some free time to write so this is it...the old W124 200.

Its long, very long and its in old man colour. Looks very handsome from the side.
The rear is not very distinctive. Some might mistaken it with a 190E.

Smartly placed safety triangle.
The boot is huge, no wonder some mafia loves to use this car till these days. It can at least fit 2 adult in there.

Interior is basic compared to today std. But bear in mind both front seats are powered adjusted. Even the headrest will go up and down by flicking a control panel at the door. Up, Down, Front, Back, Recline front, Recline back...u name it, it has that. How comfy is the seat? Its a Mercedes remember.

Seat control button. Even modern merc has this but in more elegant design.

Super simple center console. I marked the switch.Those are actual wood over there.

Lights switch. And yes, I can adjust the height of the headlight. Its vacuum operated just like the door locks.
The stalk behind the steering is for controlling the indicators and windscreen wipers.

The gear console...I did mentioned before this car will move from standstill using 2nd gear right. To get it moving on 1st gear u just need to floor it or pull the gear lever to "2" and back to D. Just smile at those surprise faces of other drivers when u do this. Powered side mirror is only on the left. For the right side, just be a man and adjust it yourself.

Not just my boy, my wife will seat at the back when we took this car out. Its spacious and comfy back here.

Fasten your seatbelt please......aircraft style. This car is not perfect. Notice the broken sunshade holder for the passenger side. Those even more attentive to detail will notice the small sunshade just in case the sun manage to glare your eyes by using the gap between the rear view mirror and the top of the windscreen.

This meter panel is taken from different variant of W124 so not all function is used. The fuel gauge is renamed as the 'haunted' gauge. Its because of how quick it drop and how it dances after a high speed run. BTW if the surrounding is quiet enough u can hear the analogue clock ticking.

A sight W124 owners will see most frequently.
Notice the Merc Logo at the fuel cap....attention to detail.

Remember the small key thing I told in previous post? This is it. so far I cant find what is it actually for.

The heart of this barge. Nothing special, just not frugal.

Some German class needed here....

Nope, its not AMG wheel. Its AMB and its made in Germany. Could not find more. BTW the car wheel arch and undercarriage was painted using underseal long time ago. A DIY job which took 1 week. All 4 corners are on solid steel disc brake which is never enough and convincing as the car is very heavy.

I will keep this car for another 2 weeks before I retake my Waja. I like this car, its not obvious but majestic in a subtle way.
This barge can go fast but it does not like sudden input. U have to feed the steering input gently to appreciate the smooth ride even at speed.
If u rush the input the body roll will makes you back off immediately. Why I don't want to keep it longer?
The fc is bad with my driving style...I just cant help it, the car has so much torque. I am getting about 7km/l..Ouch.

Next I will discuss about one of the below rides in the picture below....the 2 wheelers is included.
Nice W124, its the best Benz ever built! This is 200E or 230E?
When I came over to MY, initially I wanted to buy a W124 E320 masterpiece or 300CE 24v but then I found out about the road tax regulation in MY hence forget it!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
You might be reading about my waja sooner than my plan 2 weeks as otw back from work today i unleashed the Merc up to 160kmh twice..once after entering lebuh SPA from Batu Berendam and another time after Stadium Hang Jebat traffic light....very2 bad for fc...but its that tempting.

weight + comfort +powahh...160kmh ? tak rasa...:biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
OMG.. I see this door card and the OCD in me is kicking me so hard. COME LET ME DETAIL THIS DOOR!!!
go ahead and do it with my bro.
he is the kind of guy whom out of nowhere want to DIY this and that and focus on it.He once took one full day to degrease an engine bay. but this superb show of focus come once every century...hence the dirty leather.
Right now his passion is exterior shine. Check back my Waja in the pic...that is his job on the exterior.
Nice W124, its the best Benz ever built! This is 200E or 230E?
When I came over to MY, initially I wanted to buy a W124 E320 masterpiece or 300CE 24v but then I found out about the road tax regulation in MY hence forget it!
This is the 200 or what they call Black engine (black cam cover).however the interior is mixed with other variant of w124. Base on the chassis number i can confirm its not Masterpiece. if u really want to own this model, go for the 220 above as those model comes with multivalve engine...better fc.If u really want to be handsome then get the CE. U want to be practical and different, get the wagon.
Wagon and CE price is on the rise. Prestine ori Masterpiece is selling above 20k in Mudah.Last time all are below 15k.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
go ahead and do it with my bro.
he is the kind of guy whom out of nowhere want to DIY this and that and focus on it.He once took one full day to degrease an engine bay. but this superb show of focus come once every century...hence the dirty leather.
Right now his passion is exterior shine. Check back my Waja in the pic...that is his job on the exterior.
Means once he into it, really into it, if not, won't bother.....hhahahhahaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Interested to read about your rare Waja. I wonder if there are any differences other than the engine compared to the usual Waja 1.6.

For a car with this size and weight, 160kmh wont be a problem I think.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I got free time so here it is... the much avoided by the masses and much disgust by owners ( whom don't know how to take care ) Proton Waja 1.8X. Last time Proton uses the "x" to denote premium variant.

The car is bought in 2002 by my dad. Its either this or the Nissan Sentra. IN the end he chooses this due to the equipment and spec. I guess everyone is familiar with the Waja as we can still see it everyday from the beat up 1.6 model company car to the make up evo wannabe. The exterior is nothing to shout about but to me its unique as it still retain the boxy look for It times.

Like I mentioned, nothing special. What I like is how focus the front headlight are be it in low beam or high beam mode. I was using Osram NBP at one time but the short lifespan makes me return to OE bulb. There are 3 item on the outside which is different with 1.6 model. They are the twin tail pipe, 1.8 badge (obviously) but on one side only..mine is missing, and lastly the larger front disc. Hard to spot eh...
The front brake pad is the same with Volvo S40, not sure which model. BTW the front discs are new.
How is the Apollo tires? Its noisy but very comfortable in absorbing bumps. I am no longer as fast as before so it suffice for me.

Inside is almost the same with other 1.6 at first glance. But if u look closer, the 1.8X got auto aircond. Not sure if 1.6X got it too.
The leather is of much better quality that what we get with modern proton nowadays. The aircond centre vent will still blow cold air to the drivers face even if one set the louver to left most. Waja drivers are cool for a reason.
I have totally forgotten what it feels like to seat at the back. What I like about the back is the C-pillar light and the rear 12V socket. Even modern cars still come with no power outlet at the back. Rear is pretty much VIP lounge with dark magic tint and the sunshade. Eagle eyed reader will spot the designed tint I applied on the C-pillar small glass section.

Basic gadget. Immobiliser is only on 1.8 version and its from Cobra. Auto flip side mirror also only on 1.8 version.
So if u see a waja parked with both its side mirror flipped, u know that car is 'different'.

This is the rear suspension and undercarriage area. Those shock are from Proride. The 2 multi link arm has been change few years ago.

This is where all the difference are made. Renault F4P engine. VVT is only on 1 side-intake. The UR bar is unique for 1.8 model. The gearbox is a gem...DPO gearbox. most mech will said its problematic all the time but just look at my mileage below;

The normal 4 speeder ( overdrive ) torque converter shifts very quick and adapt very quick. It also downshift to assist braking under certain situation. FC wise, last calculation was 14km.l.

This could be how it achieve 14km/l. the engine is practically sleeping during everyday drive.

Aisin VVT pulley only at intake side. It will change 16 degree if the throttle is depress beyond 90%. The engine picture was taken when I encounter timing belt tensioner meltdown due to over mileage. The OE timing belt replacement interval is 60k km if not mistaken.

Last but not least, u need this to start the engine. The immobiliser is the same model used by some Toyota.

The car is 90% the same with 1.6 model but the engine makes it 100% complete. And for those whom kept saying this or that car is problematic either cannot afford that car or dunno how to maintain the car....lets face it, does Merc owners or Ferrari owners complaint on their maintenance cost? If one wants something better then one needs to pay better money for it.

*edited...i got confused and mixed up vvt with hydraulic teppet.

Last edited:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I have always wondered why the waja center vents were facing the drivers side. One of,my co-workers crashed her waja badly. I thought it was canted to one side because of the crash. From your write up, it is standard.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I have always wondered why the waja center vents were facing the drivers side. One of,my co-workers crashed her waja badly. I thought it was canted to one side because of the crash. From your write up, it is standard.
Hahaha...that is very funny...not abt the crash but abt the dash.
That is why the later batch is using the round type like the aircond vent in saga BLM.looks weird but directs the air better.Its a straight swap but i dont want to do it...i want to be 'cool'.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

nth...just thinking is it posible to tint the car window with DIY?but actually how they do this?i mean the worker at the shop....i am planning to tint my car film...but dunno where is the best shop for reasonable price la....any one can help?or any DIYer here noe how to do this?thanks thanks thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience