Damper tuning on coilovers

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fenders didn't roll yet...hahahaha because as i said 99% of the time alone in the car so no rub that time.

I already posted over there bro the other day
This one la my car. Nothing much, still noob in moding part
The rims offset 35 does not seem to come out much actually, especially the front....:hmmmm:

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Ya....hahaha, my forgeting mind.
Hahahaha normal la tu for everyone

The rims offset 35 does not seem to come out much actually, especially the front....:hmmmm:
yeap. actually if see from in front the rims are pretty much inside the fenders at top half. bottom half a bit stick out. but don't know because of camber or what. so i leave it je la. hahahaha

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Fenders didn't roll yet...hahahaha because as i said 99% of the time alone in the car so no rub that time.

I already posted over there bro the other day
This one la my car. Nothing much, still noob in moding part
nice clean car, silver and black. :party:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Im running F8kg/R6kg , F 20clicks, R 14 clicks on my satria lol, never once regret going stiffer springs :driver:
must learn 1 or 2 from from you. :adore: daily drive or for track bro ?

Another problem with coilovers, when holding pee at the tip.
is pure mind torturing. lol....

Last edited:

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
Also depending on the coilovers brand as well. previously i was using Tein coilovers on my swift sport the ride is trashy when i set it on hard i can see the rear passenger head banging from the rear mirror and if i set it to soft the car feel like sampan, no matter how i fine tuned it.

Now that i on Ohlins the ride is so compliance the hard has this nice firm ''nyut nyut'' feel and the soft side is very comfortable while soaking every bumps with no sampan feel. Both on 6k front 4k rear spring rates.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
am I correct to say 6k or 5k front, with 4k is the most 'comfortable' setup for coilover on street use?

Hate to admit, I am really tempted to change again..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
am I correct to say 6k or 5k front, with 4k is the most 'comfortable' setup for coilover on street use?

Comfort is relative. Whats comfortable for you may not be for me and vice versa

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i would say really really yes...

hahaha

even on my daily satria, HWL hi-low type...front is 4k, rear is 3k...even till the day the car was sold, the old man (new buyer) and his daughter really liked the setup....and yet the handling can put a very good smile to a good driver....no sampan feel, not too harsh....

on my other ride with TEIN flex....front is 6k, rear is 4k (or 5k i forgot).....similar feels....just can feel the car weight is heavier and more compliance....while the satria is more nimble can really throw it around corners without worry..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yup, comfort is depend on our butt....
Think of handling as priority.
what i'm trying to say is...

handling doesnt mean u need suspension being too stiff...

take a look in race car on track....

why did they have to change their suspension setup on rainy day/wet track instead of keeping default dry weather suspension setup....
:driver:

i'd choose the wet weather setup for road use instead of their dry track setup for the road... :nurse:

the wet setup in general is softer and more compliance to road surface grip change.... without making the car nervous on rough/low friction surface....

plus proton and lotus already doing it...
i just take it into another level while maintaining the similar level of ride quality :driver:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can quote me the price they got and from where?

i wana install and might have to remove on the same day.. if its too low..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience