D.I.Y Megasquirt

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
Quality or precision parts are good for the timing/clock circuitry. Try using 1% resistors (metal film) for the clock circuit, No problem using the 1/8 watt. Refer to your circuit diagram to determine which are the clock circuit.

Those electrolytics caps are prone to acid leak when aging but tantalum does not. If it fails, than electrolytics will damaged your pcb and your MS are doomed.... If tantalum fails, than you only have a malfunction unit which can be fixed. No problem if you can change all those electrolytics every year.

Those parts that I recommended changes are for higer current transient which will further lenghtened your electronic project life service.

MAX232 and ST232 have different characteristics which require mods to the components. If you use MAX232 than you have to use 1uF 50v capacitors around it instead of 0.1uF. But it's easy just to change the chip if they have in stock.

Stewart

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
kl
my 1st view of the website.. haven't finish read everything yet.... but it is superb..

cipan, is there anyway that we can replace the microprocessor(68HC908 processor) to some other kind of processor. because i have a embaded pc chip.. u think i can use it?

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
brudder cipan, send u an email bout megasquirt. waiting ur reply.

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
2.8k put into fixing my car......

change engine and ecu.....basically broke!!! haih
thats cheap la . for engine and ECU....

anyway is there any advice for someone who is going to begin his Megasquirt build. This will be my 1st ever encounter with a solder gun, PCB and IC... :confused_smile:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
h2zero , errrm kinda nt tht simple
maybe u tryout some simple DIY kits first, and also learn up some electronics
some stuff in the MS package , if u spoil it , u have to ship it from states again

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
thats cheap la . for engine and ECU....

anyway is there any advice for someone who is going to begin his Megasquirt build. This will be my 1st ever encounter with a solder gun, PCB and IC... :confused_smile:

its alot for a low wage technician like me :(

but i was lucky, the engine comes with high cam.....duno whats else is in it, according to the halfcut seller, its a tarmac rally car b4. took the engine out from halfcut hehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is it very limited information that i have about 4g93t GDI.
Because its dashboard & engine with Turbo is attractive to me.

Im not require a high performance engine, 160hp Waja is enough for me.
So, 4g93t gsr is out of my consideration (because i really like the GDI dashboard)

Some forum, people say that it is worth to transplant 4g93t GDI to Waja.
But some say that spare part is expensive or rare.

Im a student who just finish study, and working now.
Im still consider about...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience