CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
a lot of saga kena like this. the CVT gb overheat.
I think if the gradient of the slope >30Degrees, then you will have this issue... normal slope will have no issue. The slope that I drove was very steep >30 degrees....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I had a bad experience with Saga BLM FLX... Went to holiday with family and rented this car. After a tiring day, went back to hotel and it had a steep slope before reaching the hotel. Settled all the stuffs and we decided to go for dinner. ... what happened next was embarrassing though. Half way through the slope, the car can't go up further even though I floored the pedal to the metal... I pressed the brake and had to ask all my family members to get down from the car and yet, I floored the pedal and the car can't go up as well... had to ask the staffs to push the car up..... anyone experienced this before...? I believe this is a 1.3L and it's definitely has a CVT GB...
Never experience before woth the exora bold cfe.Even with 8 adult at cameron highland.the key is to use L gear instead of D.There is marked different when you do so.On D it will struggle and feels like it will just let go and roll back.the engine builds boost but when at abt 1800rpm,it releases the boost and the car almost roll back before the engine build up boost until the cvt lock up point again and again and again.with L gear it will climb steadily.

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Should be low boost turbo...the original pistons won't be able to take high boost... for handling wise, I don't think it will be stable at high speed as BLM isn't designed for such a speed.
He's boosting 1.2 bar but with internals fully changed to CFE semi-forged :adore:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
He's boosting 1.2 bar but with internals fully changed to CFE semi-forged :adore:
1.2 bar... fantastic and good luck.. see how long it can tahan... put 2 wings on the car, it's ready for take off....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Never experience before woth the exora bold cfe.Even with 8 adult at cameron highland.the key is to use L gear instead of D.There is marked different when you do so.On D it will struggle and feels like it will just let go and roll back.the engine builds boost but when at abt 1800rpm,it releases the boost and the car almost roll back before the engine build up boost until the cvt lock up point again and again and again.with L gear it will climb steadily.
So lock in L can still climb.....:hmmmm:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
ha... I used L but if got gear lower than L, I would try it also.. haha... no luck la Bro.. the car just couldn't go up the slope....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ha... I used L but if got gear lower than L, I would try it also.. haha... no luck la Bro.. the car just couldn't go up the slope....
Oh! you did use L and still could not climb. Different engine power perhaps.....:hmmmm:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Oh! you did use L and still could not climb. Different engine power perhaps.....:hmmmm:
I don't think engine is the cause of this.... 1.3L is good enough for this kind of slope though. It can be due to the CVT GB coupling with clutch plate/torque converter though....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
talking about cameron slope...

there is several apartment/hotels with difficult slope to climb even for manual car....

but atleast my manual tebo... put 1st gear, build rev, halfclutching and launch control all the way... :biggrin: :driver:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006

there is several apartment/hotels with difficult slope to climb even for manual car....

but atleast my manual tebo... put 1st gear, build rev, halfclutching and launch control all the way... :biggrin: :driver:
of course.... you can play around with the clutch with manual gear... auto is... haha... you think about it...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
of course.... you can play around with the clutch with manual gear... auto is... haha... you think about it...
can...slightly easier....

but wear the transmission even more if done too many times...

Brake Boost...

Basically holding brake and pressing throttle building up the boost, then release the brake immediately to launch...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

The crown imperial court at cameron have a slope that will challenge cvt gb on the exora bold.D wont do unless the driver has build momentum.If the jam is bad such as stop and go jam,D will struggle to pull full load and will exp the situation like i mention in my previous post.

There is another very short but very steep road leading to the mosque near the cameron hospital.D almost fail to make it.

Engine braking on cvt also almost non existance.
sligt improvement can be felt in L.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how about using SAT?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Am plannin to get my ride re-painted and restore its ol skool look. Its a 1985 Toyota Cressida.

Currently :
- rust spots all over the car
- paint starts to flake, espcially at the trunk area.
- Big holes caused by the blardy rusts...(Behind rear wheel mudflap)
- Mini dents. Accumulated over d years.(Motorbike handle bars, plp leaning, etc) :angry:

My questions are:
- Will the cost be cheaper if I were to re-paint the car with the same color (ori paint)??

- Re-welding and bondo 'ing'...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience