NeoCps 4-2-1 or 4-1? Power? FC?

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
All along i thought that 4-2-1 will be better for acceleration as it gives better power at lower rpm. But then i just read in another thread in FAQ, Some guy said that 4-1 extractor is better for Mivec and Vtec engines because it provides power on low RPM and also in High RPM (because vtec/ mivec are high rev engines). So since CPS is also considered a high Revving engine, it makes sense to me that I should install a 4-1 extractor rather than the conventional 4-2-1 for better overall peformance.

To put it simple, my concept now is that

4-2-1 will give me good acceleration for my CPS engine but not much top end speed.

4-1 will increase power throught the rpm curve since CPS is also like Mivec/ Vtev (high rev)

By the way, any difference in FC between this 2 setups??

Am I correct??? SIFUs out there pls help. :adore:
Planning to change my exhaust setup soon.... Cannot tahan stock exhaust. :banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
erm, just to share what i know, pls correct me if i'm wrong.

4-1 would benefit a high revving engine such as the mivec and vtec as we make most power at higher rpm's.

if u would compare low end torque/power, when using a 4-1, its crap. haha.

4-2-1 will give u a better response on low end regardless.

just comparing when i was first on my b16a stock 4-2-1. it gave me power low end, but when i switched to 4-1, i lost it. i gained high end, especially when the vtec kicked in.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So, is there really no way we can maintain the lower end power
and improve on higher end power together?

What u guys said is true that 4-2-1 gives better acceleration but lose out
on high end power while 4-1 gives higher end more power but sucks at low end power.

So, what can we do to improve the higher end power and not sacrificing
the lower end power? Change 4-1 exhaust system with higher cc engine block? :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no replacement for displacement!

if want better low rpm power (fat torque graph)..then upgrade the CC of your car.....

but if u want to maintain the displacement...then u can increase the compression ratio a bit...along with proper tuning....but that also got downside.....are u willing to pump ONLY RON97 and above fuel??in fact u might need nonstop supply of octane booster to comply :biggrin:

about the header stuff...the real theory was like this....

stock factory iron setup was untuned length 4-1 short manifold (meeting point of each port was closer to exhaust port)......thus explaining best balance for low rpm torque and adequate high rpm power....

and by using medium lenght tuned 4-2-1 manifold...(along with better exhaust muffler setup) u tends to have slight upgrade of torque at slightly higher rpm point without sacrifice the high rpm power...thus most ppl would choose this setup for mild/street use...

while long 4-1 tuned manifold....the lenght of each exhaust port was carefully calculated and bends accodingly to ensure equal lenght of the manifold until to the collector part joints them all....this...only for race use since it hold the most power and torque AT ONLY SPECIFIC RPM targeted as in the calculation...as the FC wasn't taken into account at all...so expect this setup to be heavy drinker of fuel....and drive like elephant in the street while your engine would enjoy Wide Open Throttle in controlled situation (circuit) every single time.. :biggrin:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
no replacement for displacement!

if want better low rpm power (fat torque graph)..then upgrade the CC of your car.....

but if u want to maintain the displacement...then u can increase the compression ratio a bit...along with proper tuning....but that also got downside.....are u willing to pump ONLY RON97 and above fuel??in fact u might need nonstop supply of octane booster to comply :biggrin:

about the header stuff...the real theory was like this....

stock factory iron setup was untuned length 4-1 short manifold (meeting point of each port was closer to exhaust port)......thus explaining best balance for low rpm torque and adequate high rpm power....

and by using medium lenght tuned 4-2-1 manifold...(along with better exhaust muffler setup) u tends to have slight upgrade of torque at slightly higher rpm point without sacrifice the high rpm power...thus most ppl would choose this setup for mild/street use...

while long 4-1 tuned manifold....the lenght of each exhaust port was carefully calculated and bends accodingly to ensure equal lenght of the manifold until to the collector part joints them all....this...only for race use since it hold the most power and torque AT ONLY SPECIFIC RPM targeted as in the calculation...as the FC wasn't taken into account at all...so expect this setup to be heavy drinker of fuel....and drive like elephant in the street while your engine would enjoy Wide Open Throttle in controlled situation (circuit) every single time.. :biggrin:

I better stick to my original plan then. 4-2-1 it is....... Fuel Consuption is very important. If your car drink petrol, you'll wont enjoy driving anymore. Everytime u hit the gas, pocket 1 hole. Haha~ Thannks for the feedback guys. Feel free to give anymore suggestions.

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
on me. if you want more power in ur car, u do not think bout FC... moreover, not too much of the increase in FC. if you want to save, drive the stock car...:burnout:

my suggestion..try going to the H performance...they have approval through a Dyno test on their product (cps extractor)...:driver:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
on me. if you want more power in ur car, u do not think bout FC... moreover, not too much of the increase in FC. if you want to save, drive the stock car...:burnout:

my suggestion..try going to the H performance...they have approval through a Dyno test on their product (cps extractor)...:driver:
Is that in Sunway? If it's in Sunway then ez, i can leave my car with then then go to class. Then collect after class. Hahahhaa :biggrin:

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
gud info...after u done installation...make sure you do dyno first...before and after... then share with our result ..

Last edited:

R-boy

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
Hey guys, please check out the SuperCircuit Exhaust Pro Shop at Sunway. They have done some R&D and dyno on the Satria Neo CPS extractor to make it performs better through the rpm, especially the M/T

or check out SuperStreet - sports exhaust system

I think it is important now-a-days to purchase extractor from factory or brand which has really invested on R&D and dyno the product properly before putting it onto the shelf for sale.

I think the dyno job and cost SHOULD NOT be paid by the buyer like us, it should be done by the manufacturer. So, please don't ask yourself to do dyno after you have installed a 'cap ayam' extractor or exhaust, what happen if it doesn't have any power gain? You return the extractor to the shop?

Just a mere idea to share..... :-P

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda have just unveiled the new yet not-so-new 2012 Civic and before the verdicts have even rolled off the tongues of the motoring world, they've backed it up with an advertising campaign that focuses on the many different consumers of the Civic and how there's a variant to suit them all.

Honda feels that each of its Civic variants will cater...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience