4-1 vs 4-2-1

pipylim

Apr 12, 2009
What are the difference btw 4-1 VS 4-2-1?
Pro?
Con?

TQ
:wavey:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
then... how bout 4-3-2-1..???
used during countdown

To TS, generally a 4-1 will give move the powerband towards higher regions, suitable for high-revving engines

4-2-1, broader/more useful powerband for daily driving

Last edited:

pipylim

Apr 12, 2009
:wavey:
hi dude,
ya i know how they look like but i just wonder how their performance
which 1 is more helping on LOW TORQUE?
what are their advantages and disadvantages

4-1 advantages and disadvantages =??
4-2-1 advantages and disadvantages =??

they will cause more high fuel consumption? or saving?
:driver:

Jul 9, 2008
sorry... this may seem like a silly question but what do you mean by moving the powerband towards the higher regions and suitable for high-revving engines?

I've heard that 4-1 are better for driving at higher speeds and 4-2-1 are better for improving low end torque.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
sorry... this may seem like a silly question but what do you mean by moving the powerband towards the higher regions and suitable for high-revving engines?

I've heard that 4-1 are better for driving at higher speeds and 4-2-1 are better for improving low end torque.
in general, 4-1 headers lets the engine make more power at the higher rpm ranges, at the expense of the low end; thus more suited for high-revving engines like b16/4age where the revs go sky-high

yap, 4-2-1 will generally give a broader powerband, punchier low-end and mid

cant find the article that explains it better hehe, i try to find

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
which are good for which RPM not really a matter la... just make sure wat the future mod will u b done, then only decide the 4-1 or 4-2-1....

not many mech really know how to do the 4-1 that got all the pros setup in here... even they know, they oso won't share 1...
who said 4-1's torq must b lower than 4-2-1..??

kelvins3281

1,000 RPM
Mar 30, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
4-2-1 low to mid?
4-1 mid to high end?

How much rpm is consider hi rpm?
how bout if engine rev limit is 9k which is suitable?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
which are good for which RPM not really a matter la... just make sure wat the future mod will u b done, then only decide the 4-1 or 4-2-1....

not many mech really know how to do the 4-1 that got all the pros setup in here... even they know, they oso won't share 1...
who said 4-1's torq must b lower than 4-2-1..??
yalah, didnt say it " Must " be lower la, thats y i specifically stated " In General " meaning not all :P, in all my comments

e.g. in general, most aftermarket 4-1 headers are more for mid to higher rpm improvement

true true about the properly made headers, unless branded jap-made, or reputable local ones like PZ

4-2-1 low to mid?
4-1 mid to high end?

How much rpm is consider hi rpm?
how bout if engine rev limit is 9k which is suitable?
if i recall correctly, i came across this interesting article where they tested a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 header on the same engine; powerband was broader, improvement throughout rpm range, more obvious on the low to mid range

then they swapped the 4-1 in; powerband became narrower/peaky, improvement mainly came from higher rpm regions

what engine u using? 9k considered high la

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
why most of the new car they use 4-1?
as for standard car power feel is ok even it is 4-1

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
yalah, didnt say it " Must " be lower la, thats y i specifically stated " In General " meaning not all :P, in all my comments

e.g. in general, most aftermarket 4-1 headers are more for mid to higher rpm improvement

true true about the properly made headers, unless branded jap-made, or reputable local ones like PZ
understand la bro... hahahaha:rofl::rofl:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
why most of the new car they use 4-1?
as for standard car power feel is ok even it is 4-1
thats y i specifically stated " In General " meaning not all, and more often than not, this is true for "aftermarket" headers

there is again the matter of the primaries/secondaries which contribute to how the end powerband will look like; even 4-1 can give good low-end if the primaries/secondaries were designed to make the powerband that way, google for more info on this, i lost the article edi hehe

understand la bro... hahahaha:rofl::rofl:
haha ok

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all Sifu,

Good Day.
I have a problem here.
Im driving a kelisa, due to engine kong and i upgrade to 1.3cc engine. Puspakom & JPJ order me to changed drum brake to disk brake.

I have change the drum to disk brake, but the problem is there is not enough grip on it. Puspakom need the grip level at 60%. But my grip level only up to 27%

I have tried to ask quite a number of the workshop, actually they dun know how to do it

I have checked the kcar website, unfortunately we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience