Convert EF Carb to D16 series engine

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Guy's,
Hope some sifu can enlighten me. Basically, how much does it cost to convert Civic EF ori carb engine to D16Z engine? From what i found out, the gearbox mount need to be mod. What others stuff need to be mod? Can i use hydraulic gearbox that come with stock d16z eg? much appriciate help

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
the other problem is to fit the meter in the ef dash... other options is to rebore ur ori block n fit in the 1.6 piston... g,box use the ef g.box so u dont need to modify the mounting bracket.. the rest the top part of the engine... head wiring n meter uses the efi ones... but u still run on cable clutch

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
how much will it set back if i were to do so?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
depends on ur option... if you decide to retain the EF block n retain the Ef g.box, it should be the cheapest option... u only need to change the top part including wiring com.box n meter... if rebore for 1.6 piston should incur more expenses.. when u dismantle the engine usually wear parts like Mounting is needed change+lubricant oil n belt... so i say should be bout RM2-2.5K tops for this conversion... n you dont hv to endorse the engine since ur using ur ori block..

it also depends on which head you buy which determines the price and the performance... its either D15/D16 Non VTEC Efi Engine from eg models which is cheaper... or D15/D16 V.Tec Single cam models from Eg8 or Ek local models slightly expensive...

but for sure you will get better fuel consumption over carb

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
tks for the reply bro. is the performance parts / spare parts for this model hard to come by?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
performance parts for D Series engine is minimal n rarely seen on shelf at shops... most ppl would opt for B series motor for further modifications since its a DOHC n hv more power..

only normal OEM maintenance parts are easy to source for D series engine and it is abundance at chopshops n sparepart shops and its cheaper too... some civics with D16Z Vtech single cam would opt for Bolt on Turbo rather spending RM8-10k for B series convertion...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
tat is what im trying to achieve. D16Z turbo. Maybe u should start to source frm US site as i think they got more parts over there

civic_mind3d

Jun 30, 2006
Just wondering for carburator to injection conversion, for sure we need to change the fuel tank as well.

In this case if we take D16 from EG/EK, from which Honda model fuel tank is compatible with Ef 4 door? Is there a difference between 2dr/4dr EF injection tanks? Is EF9 tank compatible with the local model version of EX 4dr which is originally carburator?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
What du u mean i source? if i were doing this convertion it would not be cost effective to import parts from the states...

yes.. the tank hv to be replace... im not sure.. but i think ef models will fit nicely ef9/ef8... other options is installing a fuel pump

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
ops sorry. typo. I mean i source.

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
it can be done, most parts are cheap too, u need a full set of intake manifolds, injection wiring set with ecu and fuse box, and some minor stuff like fuel pump, fuel tank and fuel filter pm me for more info:nurse:

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We met the 2010 Japan Super GT racequeens sometime last week and have already brought you the photoshoot of the gorgeous duo. Kozue Nitta (Koko) and Megumi Hattori (Mimi) are down in Malaysia to promote this weekend's Malaysian round of the Super GT race, so while we work overtime to make sure our equipment is ready to bring you their "other friends", here's the behind the scenes video of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience