Consume engine oil

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
Oil level was at dipstick bottom dot after 3000km. I jus poured in 1 liter and car feels more powerful and responsive compared to low oil level. Using 10-50

But after pour in 1 liter, I not yet check oil level. Next oil change, I got to buy 5L already.

Wonder oil consumption is due to high cams ?
May be one of the reason. I also after change cams have engine oil burnout issue despite has already fully overhauled the engine - at no common oil burnout symptom like usual (smoky exhaust, sludgy plug tip... signs of blown piston ring/scratched cylinder wall/leaky valve or plug seal).

But I did notice the engine oil decrease faster if I peak out RPM more often and gone long top speed runs, but level maintains if I drive in 'nerd' mode. The decrease can be noticed immediately after a night's hard drive. Sometimes I suspect the engine oil with little evaporation or tiny droplets sent flying under the head cover by moving parts, being sucked out from the cylinder head through the head cover breather ports (into intake plenum at higher rev & hotter condition) as logically, longer duration cams with higher valve lifts made higher vacuum flow into the combustion chamber at intake stroke along the peak powerband. Just my guess, but I rule out engine's leaking out the oil anywhere physically and visible. I would have noticed where it went.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As on the news and internet, the gov soon might reimplant the previous policy, inspection is a must for cars older then 5 years maybe once per 1 or 2 years..... If not pass inspection, car might be going scrap.... I believe many guys here having a "baby" that is more then 5 years right?if the gov require to do so, what say you?:smokin:

Plus, gov said that this policy is to make the cars on the road be more safe, and promote citizen to buy new and quality car (as they proposed, owner that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience