Omori Electric Oil Temp Problem

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys

Any of you installed an OMORI Oil Temp Gauge ? Electric type not mechanical type

I have two wires coming out from the gauge ( remainder wires sorted the others )

-orange
-yellow

For orange I checked that it's flowing a 2.8v constant voltage
And it seem like this should be the wire that connects to the oil temp sensor/sender unit and supply power. But how does the meter pick up the reading after leaving the sensor since the sensor is a variable resistor that lowers resistance with increase of heat.

Yellow seems like a return line from the sensor but I'm not sure

The oil temp sensor is a Single Pin Sensor but I'm unsure how to get a reading on the gauge using the two wires orange and yellow.

If I supplied voltage(orange) to the top of the sensor and ground it with a seperate wire to the chassis the meter from the full 150c reading with warning light on will TURN OFF AND SHOW 50c WHICH IS THE START AND WITH HEAT IT DOES NOT MOVE

Please advice.

Kitos

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I am having the OMORI eletrical meters however i wasn't the one that bought and install it as it came with the recent car i bought.

The OMORI meters wasn't working coz the last owner took out the audio and cut out alot of the wiring so all wasn't functioning when i bought the car. I thought it's just for display only but when i went to my friend shop to shape up the car i asked my friend to check the meters to see if it's working and to my suprise it does work.

However one particular one which is the one that you mentioned .... OMORI Oil Temp meter is a bit gila-gila but my friend manage to take out the whole sensor wiring thingy and service it. I don't know how he did it but after that the meter have been working without fail.

Lol... don't think i have helped much but the moral of story is when have problem bring it to a sifu and it will all be kau tim. Somehow i know my friend well so i know he is a good in many car areas especially when it comes to wiring which i have no clue especially in my new car but still he manage to fix it.