Chrome rims- Refurbish??

falco

Known Member
Senior Member

falco

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 20, 2003
114
0
3,016
I have read somewhere that there are shops in Sg Besi and SUnway who does this refurbishing/repaint of chrome wheels.

I wonder anyone here can confirm the name of the shop the price and how long does it took to get it ready..
 

falco

Known Member
Senior Member

falco

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 20, 2003
114
0
3,016
Anyone pls HELP!..
need some input.. dun wanna kena potong.. wanna know the market price and which shop does it the best!!!

Thanks
 

headache

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

headache

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 17, 2003
1,651
1
3,138
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by falco@Dec 4 2003, 11:27 AM
Anyone pls HELP!..
need some input.. dun wanna kena potong.. wanna know the market price and which shop does it the best!!!

Thanks
IMHO, it is a risk getting 2nd hand alloy rims as you don't know what it had been subjected to. There could be unseen micro cracks and the whole rim may just fall apart during high speed and over speed bumps.
 

falco

Known Member
Senior Member

falco

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 20, 2003
114
0
3,016
Originally posted by headache+Dec 4 2003, 03:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (headache @ Dec 4 2003, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-falco@Dec 4 2003, 11:27 AM
Anyone pls HELP!..
need some input.. dun wanna kena potong.. wanna know the market price and which shop does it the best!!!

Thanks
IMHO, it is a risk getting 2nd hand alloy rims as you don't know what it had been subjected to. There could be unseen micro cracks and the whole rim may just fall apart during high speed and over speed bumps. [/b][/quote]
there mgiht be some misunderstanding here.. I am actually having a 17" chrome rims.. due to those car wash fella who spray chemical thingy and leave it there for minutes.. the chrome thingy is peeling off..

that's why I would like to refurbish it for my personaly use...
 

headache

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

headache

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 17, 2003
1,651
1
3,138
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by falco@Dec 6 2003, 10:27 AM

there mgiht be some misunderstanding here.. I am actually having a 17" chrome rims.. due to those car wash fella who spray chemical thingy and leave it there for minutes.. the chrome thingy is peeling off..

that's why I would like to refurbish it for my personaly use...
[/quote]
Sorry. What's the base metal of your rims? I'm not the expert but IMHO, chroming process entails chemicals & heating the rims up and then cooling it down. This may or may not strengthen/weaken the metal. Do ask around for expert opinion or do a search on metallurgy/chroming.
My 2 cents.
 

qencing

Known Member
Senior Member

qencing

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 18, 2003
280
0
3,016
Subang Jaya
Visit site
i think the chromming shop in sunway is at a corner lot at the side of kamal's shop... opposite N1 row....
if not clear = stans in front of N1, look to ur rite and the corner shop on the opposite is the crome shop...

i hope this may help :) :) :)
 

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Senior Member

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Senior Member
Nov 14, 2003
8,652
1,347
5,213
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
i refurbished my MS01 in sunway..i think the paint shop dude sent
it to his vendor.... all in all, plus respraying is only 380..not bad..
the workmanship is great
 

falco

Known Member
Senior Member

falco

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 20, 2003
114
0
3,016
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Dec 13 2003, 11:56 PM
i refurbished my MS01 in sunway..i think the paint shop dude sent
it to his vendor.... all in all, plus respraying is only 380..not bad..
the workmanship is great
380 for 4?

MSOI location?? pls.. need to do it soon.. also ,, how long doe it take ??