Chrome rims- Refurbish??

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
I have read somewhere that there are shops in Sg Besi and SUnway who does this refurbishing/repaint of chrome wheels.

I wonder anyone here can confirm the name of the shop the price and how long does it took to get it ready..

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Anyone pls HELP!..
need some input.. dun wanna kena potong.. wanna know the market price and which shop does it the best!!!

Thanks

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by falco@Dec 4 2003, 11:27 AM
Anyone pls HELP!..
need some input.. dun wanna kena potong.. wanna know the market price and which shop does it the best!!!

Thanks
IMHO, it is a risk getting 2nd hand alloy rims as you don't know what it had been subjected to. There could be unseen micro cracks and the whole rim may just fall apart during high speed and over speed bumps.

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by headache+Dec 4 2003, 03:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (headache @ Dec 4 2003, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-falco@Dec 4 2003, 11:27 AM
Anyone pls HELP!..

Thanks
IMHO, it is a risk getting 2nd hand alloy rims as you don't know what it had been subjected to. There could be unseen micro cracks and the whole rim may just fall apart during high speed and over speed bumps. [/b][/quote]
there mgiht be some misunderstanding here.. I am actually having a 17" chrome rims.. due to those car wash fella who spray chemical thingy and leave it there for minutes.. the chrome thingy is peeling off..

that's why I would like to refurbish it for my personaly use...

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by falco@Dec 6 2003, 10:27 AM

there mgiht be some misunderstanding here.. I am actually having a 17" chrome rims.. due to those car wash fella who spray chemical thingy and leave it there for minutes.. the chrome thingy is peeling off..

that's why I would like to refurbish it for my personaly use...
[/quote]
Sorry. What's the base metal of your rims? I'm not the expert but IMHO, chroming process entails chemicals & heating the rims up and then cooling it down. This may or may not strengthen/weaken the metal. Do ask around for expert opinion or do a search on metallurgy/chroming.
My 2 cents.

puffcurry

Known Member
Dec 2, 2003
Ampang,Kuala Lu
profiles.yahoo.com
its not a chrome rim then..must be coated with chrome...2 cents worth..you're rite metalurgy huh...chemistry major? chrome rims will not peel off because of chemicals...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
i refurbished my MS01 in sunway..i think the paint shop dude sent
it to his vendor.... all in all, plus respraying is only 380..not bad..
the workmanship is great

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Dec 13 2003, 11:56 PM
i refurbished my MS01 in sunway..i think the paint shop dude sent
it to his vendor.... all in all, plus respraying is only 380..not bad..
the workmanship is great
380 for 4?

MSOI location?? pls.. need to do it soon.. also ,, how long doe it take ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Trying something new here guys, especially for those who haven't been following our social channels. I've been getting plenty of questions on YouTube especially regarding manual shifting H&T etc so I was thinking of compiling them here or creating a series of post revolving on driving topics

I hope this helps anyone searching for answers on footwork and such, let's dicuss

I'll start with this one:
How to Shift Quicker

View attachment 572362

View attachment 572361 ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience