Choose good tyre is important for family safety

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tyre sifu really don't gain that title for nothing man...:adore: :adore: :top:

But also our roads condition and quality compare to Europe..totally cannot compare :banghead:
Therefore more road noise I think :hmmmm:
No lah! just got read here and there a bit......:biggrin:

According to the write up, EU not so bother by noise woh!....:thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No lah! just got read here and there a bit......:biggrin:

According to the write up, EU not so bother by noise woh!....:thefinger:
Maybe cuz they can wind down window and drive. And we cant cuz is too hot :rofl:
So wind noise to them is nth with window down. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not really,nowadays eco tyres seems to compete with normal rubber.
They offer grip at same level with entry level rubber.
However, the noise is terrible.
Wet grip and braking seems to be same as dry which add to the confidence.
Actually Eco are more the new entry level tyres. All almost same except suppose to be more fuel efficient...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Maybe cuz they can wind down window and drive. And we cant cuz is too hot :rofl:
So wind noise to them is nth with window down. :biggrin:
Could be.....:biggrin:

tinybee

Aug 2, 2014
perak
Mind if I ask for tyre recommendation for my myvi? Im using 195/55/15 at the moment.

Im looking at something grippy and long lasting.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

WHat my advice is to buy the best tire your budget will allow and drives within the limit.
I fully agree with this! By the best meaning the best performance, having the best grip and handling characteristics. The reason is because tires is a major factor in safety whereby a good performance tires can make a difference between one having an accident and avoiding it in case of emergency manouvers. That's why for me, the performance aspect takes 1st priority over noise, durability, etc2.

What surprises me is that with soo many new tire to choose from and some at super bargain price, there are people still choosing 2nd hand tire when they need to change.
Some even said that the 2nd hand branded tires are better than the new brand tire.
Even when the thread left is only 20-30%, let alone the tire's manufactured year.
Well if due to budget limitation I have to choose between buying cheapo new tires but doubtful quality & performance (for example Silverstone) vs used but already well known/proven high performance tires (for example Michelin PS3), I'd not hesitate to choose the later. Of course provided the condition of the used one is still good enough (tread >60%, rubber not yet harden/cracking, even wear, etc2).

Mind if I ask for tyre recommendation for my myvi? Im using 195/55/15 at the moment.

Im looking at something grippy and long lasting.
For that size, the best choice would be Michelin PS3. Next best would be Goodyear F1-D5.
Note that grip and long lasting are usually opposite qualities for tires. If you want long lasting, usually it needs to use harder compound which has less grip. If you want high grip tires, then usually needs to have softer compound, hence will wear out faster.
The 2 tires I mentioned above is more towards the high grip performance criteria (UHP class with traction rating AA & treadwear around low 300) but they can still last 50k kms or more depending on how fast/aggressive you drive (especially in the corners).

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, agree with you. Tyres are safety items, so why go long lasting. Even when not long lasting will last a few years for normal user. Too long lasting also after 4 years rubber compound becomes hard, have less grip and also start to have crack lines, then also still need to change them

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

***Car found after 48 hrs***

Sorry for the late notification. I'm going to close this thread. Thank you for your kind help. Piece of advice, no one can be trusted including the law enforcers.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience