Choose good tyre is important for family safety

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! very common size, most branded tyres have. Yokohama dB V551, Goodyear Efficient Grip, Michelin 3ST, Toyo C1-S, Pirelli Cinturato P7.....:driver:
thx for ur recommendation sifu! I prefer tyre that silent and good grip..either one of it will do, so which should I go for? budget not more than rm400 each
I'm only on 20% thread left tyre :frown:
Alignment lari adi. back to topic before kena warning haha!
so which tyre are u changing soon? u had any priority in selecting tyre?
You disagree with who specifically? :confused:
lol is me la...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thx for ur recommendation sifu! I prefer tyre that silent and good grip..either one of it will do, so which should I go for? budget not more than rm400 each

lol is me la...
below RM400 a piece, what was your tyre size again? if less than 17" should be around that price range for Advan DB. Since u prefer silent, comfort. Grip wise, no idea. But they say is not bad. (no experience using one, just got the feedback) :smile:

No la 20% is just joking, I think at least 50% left so got to prepare to change soon. If upgrade to 17" will be ATR Sports most probably, since rims are costly haha! At least ATR Sports is cheaper and it fares quite good according to feedbacks.

If just tyres 16", I have never thought of any yet other than what I spotted a used Michelin PP2 16" with 95% thread left is on sale for a reasonable price. Kinda like this tyre actually.

Priorities for me, I prefer tyres that grip well for wet and dry. Good FC, I still prefer to depend on how heavy is my foot. Cuz to have good FC, u got to get a lesser rolling resistance tyres and yet traction will not be as good as those that doesn't focus on good FC. Correct me if Im wrong.

But then XM2 is too noisy and is unbearable for me. My PP2 is much more quiet.

Eco tyres, usually don't grip that well but safe enough for normal drive. Unless u r the type that only drive from point A to B without any speeding or whacking corners :laugh: Then Eco tyres are fine. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You disagree with who specifically? :confused:
Reading back then it is bro. mikke87.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

lol is me la...
At RM400 budget for 215/55/R17, comfort performance tyres mentioned above cannot woh!
Should be closer to RM500

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

below RM400 a piece, what was your tyre size again?
Rewind brother, he mentioned his tyre size dy. 215/55R17 leh!....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Reading back then it is bro. mikke87.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

At RM400 budget for 215/55/R17, comfort performance tyres mentioned above cannot woh!
Should be closer to RM500
Ya wor, only Advan DB can meet his requirement.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not really, GY Efficient Grip, Michelin 3ST and Toyo C1-S, BS GR-100 are same category as V551
Oh, but they say most silent and comfort seems rated is V551. Didnt know 3ST falls the same price range as V551. :stoned:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not Silent Tyres meh? haha!
Silent Tuned lah! 3ST was developed for Asean market. In EU is the Primacy 3, here they add ST because they say in EU they don't care much for noise.....hahhahaha
Only Asean wants quiet....:biggrin:
From Paul Tan...
Designed and developed exclusively for the Asia Pacific region’s extreme road and weather conditions (think of our less than smooth roads, potholes and thunderstorms), the Primacy 3 ST (for Silent Tuned) is the answer to the specific needs and expectations of drivers in this region, Michelin claims. The 3 ST will not be available in Europe, as drivers’ priorities differ between regions – for instance, quietness ranks high in Asia, but is not a main concern in Europe.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Silent Tuned lah! 3ST was developed for Asean market. In EU is the Primacy 3, here they add ST because they say in EU they don't care much for noise.....hahhahaha
Only Asean wants quiet....:biggrin:
From Paul Tan...
Designed and developed exclusively for the Asia Pacific region’s extreme road and weather conditions (think of our less than smooth roads, potholes and thunderstorms), the Primacy 3 ST (for Silent Tuned) is the answer to the specific needs and expectations of drivers in this region, Michelin claims. The 3 ST will not be available in Europe, as drivers’ priorities differ between regions – for instance, quietness ranks high in Asia, but is not a main concern in Europe.
Tyre sifu really don't gain that title for nothing man...:adore: :adore: :top:

But also our roads condition and quality compare to Europe..totally cannot compare :banghead:
Therefore more road noise I think :hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Scratched over bumps? Maybe cuz wira originally is lower than many cars already.
Students, especially when they don't need to pay a cent including petrol. They won't bother taking care of the car. Cuz they don't feel the pain in their wallet. Get money from parents then car got any problem, they won't even know until parents send for service only know what is wrong.

Young blood, any stupid things also will do. Been there, done that. When think back, you find how stupid and silly you were last time to do all those things.
Haven't even lowered the car already easily can scratch over bumps. :biggrin:

Although I din't pay anything for my car, I know it is not cheap to get replacement parts for cars after hanging around zth with all of you... Besides, I think I still need this car for the next 10 years to 15 years. Must really need to take care of it.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Eco tyres, usually don't grip that well but safe enough for normal drive. Unless u r the type that only drive from point A to B without any speeding or whacking corners :laugh: Then Eco tyres are fine. :biggrin:
Not really,nowadays eco tyres seems to compete with normal rubber.
They offer grip at same level with entry level rubber.
However, the noise is terrible.
Wet grip and braking seems to be same as dry which add to the confidence.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not really,nowadays eco tyres seems to compete with normal rubber.
They offer grip at same level with entry level rubber.
However, the noise is terrible.
Wet grip and braking seems to be same as dry which add to the confidence.
Entry level yes and noise is terrible is indeed true. Like my XM2. Really noisy.

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
below RM400 a piece, what was your tyre size again? if less than 17" should be around that price range for Advan DB. Since u prefer silent, comfort. Grip wise, no idea. But they say is not bad. (no experience using one, just got the feedback) :smile:

No la 20% is just joking, I think at least 50% left so got to prepare to change soon. If upgrade to 17" will be ATR Sports most probably, since rims are costly haha! At least ATR Sports is cheaper and it fares quite good according to feedbacks.

If just tyres 16", I have never thought of any yet other than what I spotted a used Michelin PP2 16" with 95% thread left is on sale for a reasonable price. Kinda like this tyre actually.

Priorities for me, I prefer tyres that grip well for wet and dry. Good FC, I still prefer to depend on how heavy is my foot. Cuz to have good FC, u got to get a lesser rolling resistance tyres and yet traction will not be as good as those that doesn't focus on good FC. Correct me if Im wrong.

But then XM2 is too noisy and is unbearable for me. My PP2 is much more quiet.

Wow thx for sharing bro, useful ya...XM2 some say the noise to them is fine...beside noisy, any other issue on your XM2?
Not really, GY Efficient Grip, Michelin 3ST and Toyo C1-S, BS GR-100 are same category as V551
P3ST i did think about it but not sure on the review, but based on your advise i will see the other that u mention

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone.

Currently im using 195/50/15 tyre size.

But, for the next change im considering for 205/60/15 or 195/60/15.

The question is, can i use that tyre size? any pros and cons?

Reply is appreciated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience