Choose good tyre is important for family safety

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
good tyre can save you alot of money as you no need to change it frequently.
and it is very important to choose the right tyre to ensure your safety on the road.
u need to understand tyre before you buy it,for me i prefer lasts long and silent tyre.
"Good" in your explanation isn't necessarily good to people like me. My opinion of "good" tyres usually doesn't have very long lifespan! AD08R ftw! :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I drive a Toyota wor....:frown: but never superior :frown:
I drive Proton and got overtaken by random uni students driving Myvi, Saga, Kancil on small roads. It was usually at bumps that I got overtaken as most of them don't slow down. :stupid:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"Good" in your explanation isn't necessarily good to people like me. My opinion of "good" tyres usually doesn't have very long lifespan! AD08R ftw! :biggrin:
AD-08R good? Like you mention for people like bro. elong, this model is bumpy and does not last......hahhahahhaha:rofl:
That is why I did ask them how to define good or best tyre.....:driver::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ok2...
I was thinking, why is it Proton shod the Exora bold with HP tires?
Its meant for carrying people. Yes it has quite some punch on the low end but comfort rubber is the one to go. Its not meant to be driven like a forester.

Most new euro/conti car which are using Continental as stock oe tires seems to choose the oe tire with logic. Premium Contact for luxury saloon, Sport contact for performance saloon and so on.

What surprises me is that with soo many new tire to choose from and some at super bargain price, there are people still choosing 2nd hand tire when they need to change.
Some even said that the 2nd hand branded tires are better than the new brand tire.
Even when the thread left is only 20-30%, let alone the tire's manufactured year.

Then again, its not just the tire.
Its a whole combination of mechanical, man, electronics.
A car with decent rubber and ABS is no use if the driver did not know how to react.
Even a good driver driving a car without ABS will perform better in emergency if he know how to react. Good rubber alone wont be enough.
Can only say everything has its limit, even with cars with ABS is just safer but there is a limit on what the ABS can do as well. Still bores down to using better brakes, and tyres.

I usually don't go for 2nd hand tyre unless it is really still that good condition which I saw one 95% thread left but age of tyre not stated. Michelin PP2 which was discontinued. So thought of replacing with that if the age of the tyre is not old and really good condition then can consider.

I drive Proton and got overtaken by random uni students driving Myvi, Saga, Kancil on small roads. It was usually at bumps that I got overtaken as most of them don't slow down. :stupid:
Well, such drivers they only can hope that the other car would not fly over bumps, is just normal reaction that they will fly over bumps just to overtake cars that they intend to overtake :biggrin:

But then wish them good luck on their suspension and engine mountings

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, such drivers they only can hope that the other car would not fly over bumps, is just normal reaction that they will fly over bumps just to overtake cars that they intend to overtake :biggrin:

Probably not their cars, anything needs repairs, owner kena loh! probably their parents...:rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Probably not their cars, anything needs repairs, owner kena loh! probably their parents...:rolleyes:
I think some also dunno that it will damage the suspension and mounting. Like any shit problems with the car, send back to SC or Workshop to check but never bother what causes the problem.

Too many spoilt arrogant brats...:banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
good tyre for me varies from cheap tyre to full fledge slick compound....

so? :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Can only say everything has its limit, even with cars with ABS is just safer but there is a limit on what the ABS can do as well. Still bores down to using better brakes, and tyres.

I usually don't go for 2nd hand tyre unless it is really still that good condition which I saw one 95% thread left but age of tyre not stated. Michelin PP2 which was discontinued. So thought of replacing with that if the age of the tyre is not old and really good condition then can consider.

I go slowly on bump is because my car can easily scratch over the bump especially if there are a few people sitting inside it. Other reasons are the suspension and chassis rigidity... But most students don't even give a damn about these things... Pity their car...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I go slowly on bump is because my car can easily scratch over the bump especially if there are a few people sitting inside it. Other reasons are the suspension and chassis rigidity... But most students don't even give a damn about these things... Pity their car...
Scratched over bumps? Maybe cuz wira originally is lower than many cars already.
Students, especially when they don't need to pay a cent including petrol. They won't bother taking care of the car. Cuz they don't feel the pain in their wallet. Get money from parents then car got any problem, they won't even know until parents send for service only know what is wrong.

Young blood, any stupid things also will do. Been there, done that. When think back, you find how stupid and silly you were last time to do all those things.

That is for your priorities, but many sometimes do not value their lives, by using cheaper durable tyres but using them as if they were UHP then grips in dry and wet.....:smokin:
Haha! Especially, want cheap tyres, but hoping that it will grip as good as UHP tyres. That's when accident happen.

But in a kancil, I somehow hope the rear will skid a bit during corner lol! Quite fun. But so far, I think is too slow and stock to be able to do that haha!

Surprisingly, the SN828 grips quite well even though a lot mention that it skids easily. Well, anyway, I don't get and dare not speed too much in a kancil especially in a corner.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha! Especially, want cheap tyres, but hoping that it will grip as good as UHP tyres. That's when accident happen.

But in a kancil, I somehow hope the rear will skid a bit during corner lol! Quite fun. But so far, I think is too slow and stock to be able to do that haha!

Surprisingly, the SN828 grips quite well even though a lot mention that it skids easily. Well, anyway, I don't get and dare not speed too much in a kancil especially in a corner.
In a way is true. I actually love some of the time when using the Blue Streak Stiletto tyres. Nice to drift them a little even in FWD....hahaha. After that on the Asy2, hard to drift them at all but loves it's grip factor...:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I disagree with wat u said, though tyre is js an object, no life, bt it has life span too. U hv to tk care of it. When I choose tyre, I will see the quality of the tyre, is it less noise, and easy cornering and fuel saving. If u still have question abt tyre, maybe can refer to this website. TYREPLUS Malaysia - Tyre Types and Safety Tips
You disagree with who specifically? :confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any of you guys here watch Top Gear? If you do, then surely you must be more than familiar with those three guys’ crazy antiques and challenges that they put towards a car that sometimes does not even seem logical or relevant to a consumer in assisting them in choosing a vehicle, like for example, racing a Corvette with burning fuel to test its acceleration or even trying to outrun an Apache gunship in testing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience