Chassis Problem

amu5e

Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
I've had an accident previously. Not a major one. But after the repair, the car doesn't handle right. I've sent it to do alignment but the shop said somethings wrong with the suspension and he cannot do even the manufacturer setup.

I do not know exactly which part of the chassis is damaged since every mech tells me different things. Some say "must change the sub frame", some say "go for chassis alignment".

Question, I was wondering if there is such a thing as chassis alignment. And if there is, I'd like to know if anyone can recomend a place to go or a person to see regarding this matter.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
first of all, how serious is ur accident??... does the damage come into contact with ur chassis??... u hit something hard??...
chassis cannot easily lari.... even if lari also abit abit, can only be felt at high speed....

yes, there is such chassis allignment.... but not sure where can be done and how much is it....

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Can I know what is the meaning of "shop said somethings wrong with the suspension and he cannot do even the manufacturer setup." ???

Is that mean that the system cannot get a correct alignment profile? Means adjusted maximum d still out ?

bond6969

May 26, 2006
I had a same problem.. my gf's myvi previously got with an accident. had direct contact with rear tyre/rim. no major dent with the bodywork as it hit the rim from the side.. but the crossmember had to be change. its all cover by my insurance of course..

the problem is.. after new crossmember had been installed i can see that the "toe" not properly align, a bit inside if you look closely.. you can feel the rear tend to "buai" in long corner... my mechanic said the rear chasis already lari.. need to repair the chasis/strengtening or whatsoever..

Where can i find this kind of shop and budget for chasis repair? thanks

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bond6969 said:
I had a same problem.. my gf's myvi previously got with an accident. had direct contact with rear tyre/rim. no major dent with the bodywork as it hit the rim from the side.. but the crossmember had to be change. its all cover by my insurance of course..

the problem is.. after new crossmember had been installed i can see that the "toe" not properly align, a bit inside if you look closely.. you can feel the rear tend to "buai" in long corner... my mechanic said the rear chasis already lari.. need to repair the chasis/strengtening or whatsoever..

Where can i find this kind of shop and budget for chasis repair? thanks
go back to the panel workshop,which u claim insurance. it still under warranty period. workshop provided 6months waranty for ur car mostly.

tel them the situation, they will re-align since they got the machines/tools...

if they refuse to check/repair...consult ur insurance company for further advise.

it is 100% can be solve...

my2cent

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
amu5e said:
I've had an accident previously. Not a major one. But after the repair, the car doesn't handle right. I've sent it to do alignment but the shop said somethings wrong with the suspension and he cannot do even the manufacturer setup.

I do not know exactly which part of the chassis is damaged since every mech tells me different things. Some say "must change the sub frame", some say "go for chassis alignment".

Question, I was wondering if there is such a thing as chassis alignment. And if there is, I'd like to know if anyone can recomend a place to go or a person to see regarding this matter.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks
for ur case, ask the alignment fella wat goes wrong.

then go back to the workshop,which repair ur car. tel him the situation.

BTW, wat car acident? front o rear o side collision?

bond6969

May 26, 2006
would ask the workshop later.. before this, both rear bearing also defect.. but the workshop insist to change only the rear right side because the impact is on right side and i have to pay for the other side..each side cost 400++ because of the abs thingy.. isn't it effect both side if the impact hit the crossmember.. dunno.. anyway thanks

amu5e

Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
Replying to Skywalker's Question.
It hit the chassis abit but nothing hard, Just the plastic cone by the road. But it went underneath the car. The front left side. Hope its not the whole undercarage is damaged.

Replying to Tibun's Question.
Yup. your right.

Problem is, the waranty period from the workshop has expired. Its been almost a year now since the repair. Sigh...

This means that any workshop that does accidents & bodywork will be able to fix the problem? Still, Its hard to find a reliable shop. Thats what im looking for.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys.

Keep'em coming...

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
amu5e,
hey dude, what car is it that got involved in the accident? i know of a guy who's expert in chassis repairs. done a lot of repairs for rally cars. perhaps u can give some info on your ride such as what car and whats your complains and i'll ask him if he could help.

amu5e

Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
m a v [3] r i c k said:
amu5e,
hey dude, what car is it that got involved in the accident? i know of a guy who's expert in chassis repairs. done a lot of repairs for rally cars. perhaps u can give some info on your ride such as what car and whats your complains and i'll ask him if he could help.
Proton Wira...:) thanks dude

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone at here use those cheap 200-500 bucks taiwan or china made intercoolers before ?

I seen alot of china or taiwan makes using Apexi Delta Fins design out there with dirt cheap price tags , does these intercooler effecient enough to do heat transfer instead of just being a interfooler that had straight pipe in the cores and flowing hot air directly from the turbo/supercharger into the intake ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience