Changing Spring Without Changing Absober

Interate

Jan 8, 2006
Can u please share info with me..

Is it ok if i want to change just the Spring without changing the absober.

I thought i want to change my standard spring to the Eibach Pro-Kit but still using the original absober.

what is your advise?

thank you!

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Can u please share info with me..

Is it ok if i want to change just the Spring without changing the absober.

I thought i want to change my standard spring to the Eibach Pro-Kit but still using the original absober.

what is your advise?

thank you!
It is a very delicate process. If not careful , changing your springs alone may cause your absorber to leak, expand, turn purple.. and eventually explode.

You have been warned..

Interate

Jan 8, 2006
oh really . so it is adviseable to change complete absober set together with the spring. okay . thanks nitrus.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
oh really . so it is adviseable to change complete absober set together with the spring. okay . thanks nitrus.
I was just kidding Interate :biggrin:

Actually this never-ending "debate" about after market springs with stock abs has been going on quite awhile, some people claim it's fine (even from their own experience) .. And some claim using after market springs with stock abs will damage the abs in the long run.

But since you're going for the Eibach Pro-Kit, from what I read/heard .. These particular springs can be paired with stock abs. NOTE: Opinion may vary from each individual though.

But usually each person tend to believe in what they choose to believe, especially if they are paying for that certain belief.. If you get what I mean.

So why not you try the springs first, and if you stock abs starts to die on you, then only replace them? Nothing to lose, better than replacing the whole thing right now. Unless you can get a buyer for your stock abs..

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
stock springs = longer
stock abs = long stroke

lowered springs = shorter
sports abs = short stroke

cheap performance
1.) Use stock springs
2.) Use good aftermarket abs or customade from hwl

expensive performance
- One shot upgrade to adjustable (hi-lo/soft-hard)

End of story, driving lowered car in KL is hell.....good luck

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
And also u may want to ask urself, u go for Eibach Pro-Kit, for looks or performance ?

Never simply lowered ur car with cheapest budget, u are killing your car only.

Interate

Jan 8, 2006
And also u may want to ask urself, u go for Eibach Pro-Kit, for looks or performance ?

Never simply lowered ur car with cheapest budget, u are killing your car only.

oh, i go for both looks and performance. i was just wondering if i want to change the spring, is it adviseable to use back the stock absorber or change to adjustable.

thanks for your time and info everybody! :adore:

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Why not use the stock absorber until it wears out then only change to either sport shocks/matching shocks or adjustables.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
lower down 2 fingers gap from stock height should not shorten ur absorbar life.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Mine the front, from 5 fingers become 1 finger. Still boleh tahan, not bad. Just that my dashboard will rattle a bit when the road starts to get violent.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today a customer booked me for a detailing session to correct his severed 5 year old Naza Citra.

I went to meet him at a caltex petrol station then after that I follow his car to his house that he provided shelter for me to detail up his ride...

I arrived at 8.30 then i started to inspect his ride for correction, scratches, isolated deep scratches. swirls etc etc paint damages on black cars.
After inspecting the paint i started the session :P

Todays Prescription of "medication"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience