Change Of Engine

Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello fellow petrol heads, was wondering what sort of an engine upgrade would be optimal for the 2013 Satria Neo R3?

I was thinking of a 5 valve per cylinder engine. What are your thoughts?

Which engine upgrade would you choose? Why? Cost?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Hello fellow petrol heads, was wondering what sort of an engine upgrade would be optimal for the 2013 Satria Neo R3?

I was thinking of a 5 valve per cylinder engine. What are your thoughts?

Which engine upgrade would you choose? Why? Cost?

Thanks in advance :)
Campro CFE..because its fit...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
In my view, if you want to go NA, i stand with Danz's view. Mod it with Works engineering stuff. They have lots of stuff made for proton. Or else, turbo it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Satria Neo R3 if not wrong is just a normal 1.6 CPS Satria Neo. Unless u r talking about R3 Satria Neo which is different instead.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Satria Neo R3 if not wrong is just a normal 1.6 CPS Satria Neo. Unless u r talking about R3 Satria Neo which is different instead.
I'm sorry but what is the difference between a Satria Neo R3 & a R3 Satria Neo??

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

In my view, if you want to go NA, i stand with Danz's view. Mod it with Works engineering stuff. They have lots of stuff made for proton. Or else, turbo it.
I kinda like Danz's view as well, though I was wondering after moding it with Works Engineering is it possible to plug a turbo as well? How much of a power increase do you think it'd be able to achieve? There isn't much space so I figure a twin turbo is out of the question?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I like the Campro CFE idea guys. Thanks for that! Though is there any 5 valve per cyclinder engines in the market? Was hoping to have an engine upgrade that breathes better and is more comfortable at higher revs. Doesn't Japan produce and bring in anymore?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm sorry but what is the difference between a Satria Neo R3 & a R3 Satria Neo??

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I kinda like Danz's view as well, though I was wondering after moding it with Works Engineering is it possible to plug a turbo as well? How much of a power increase do you think it'd be able to achieve? There isn't much space so I figure a twin turbo is out of the question?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I like the Campro CFE idea guys. Thanks for that! Though is there any 5 valve per cyclinder engines in the market? Was hoping to have an engine upgrade that breathes better and is more comfortable at higher revs. Doesn't Japan produce and bring in anymore?
Campro CPS modded RM9k with 185whp is possible.
Campro Turbo website, go see. They cater CamPro kaw kaw.
5 valves per cylinder is BT/ST 4AGE?

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Campro CPS modded RM9k with 185whp is possible.
Campro Turbo website, go see. They cater CamPro kaw kaw.
5 valves per cylinder is BT/ST 4AGE?
9k huh... Oh look, my wallet just set itself on fire, hahaha
Yea I checked out the website. I'll give them a call soon.
Yea that's from toyota. Wonder if there is a 5-valve engine from Mitsubishi? I like the 4AGE Blacktop, though I bet its pretty rare to find here in Malaysia eh?

Random question:
If I were to replace the exhaust system of the car early on then let's say I replace the engine after, will I still be able to use that exhaust system considering its still a 1.6 litre 4 cyclinder engine?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Found this 4G93T DOHC 16 Valve Turbo, any thoughts?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

R3 Satria Neo it has R3 parts and is higher hp than normal satria neo.

While for Satria Neo R3 which is currently selling, is just normal Satria Neo CPS with R3 bodykits.
So is call Satria Neo R3. That's what was stated on the site la haha!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yea that's from toyota. Wonder if there is a 5-valve engine from Mitsubishi? I like the 4AGE Blacktop, though I bet its pretty rare to find here in Malaysia eh?

Random question:
If I were to replace the exhaust system of the car early on then let's say I replace the engine after, will I still be able to use that exhaust system considering its still a 1.6 litre 4 cyclinder engine?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

They are in Malaysian shores, just the matter of the condition.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Random question:

Mitsubishi have 5-valve per cylinder engine. But that is only a straight 3 engine with 15-valve. It is the 3G81 and 3G83/3G83T engine. Both engines are for the kei car called Mitsubishi Minica. As a matter of fact, Mitsubishi is the world's first manufacturer who came up with a 5-valve per cylinder engine in this engine. But I don't think this is the 5-valve per cylinder engine that you are looking for in your Satria Neo.

4G93T in Satria Neo? I've heard of people transplanting that into Satria Neo but I am not very sure whether any modifications are needed or not in the mounting to fit that engine. This engine is indeed powerful. Around 200hp for a 1.8 litre engine. Many older Satria, Wira and Putra are also using this engine through transplant.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Mitsubishi have 5-valve per cylinder engine. But that is only a straight 3 engine with 15-valve. It is the 3G81 and 3G83/3G83T engine. Both engines are for the kei car called Mitsubishi Minica. As a matter of fact, Mitsubishi is the world's first manufacturer who came up with a 5-valve per cylinder engine in this engine. But I don't think this is the 5-valve per cylinder engine that you are looking for in your Satria Neo.

4G93T in Satria Neo? I've heard of people transplanting that into Satria Neo but I am not very sure whether any modifications are needed or not in the mounting to fit that engine. This engine is indeed powerful. Around 200hp for a 1.8 litre engine. Many older Satria, Wira and Putra are also using this engine through transplant.
Well that's news to me. I always thought it was Yamaha that produced the first 5-valve engine.
Yea, I heard its possible but not to sure of the details. Probably just gonna hop with the idea that the other guys have provided and go with Works Engineering.
I'm sure if I ask there, they'd give me more details on the matter.
The only thing that worries me about the modding the CPS is the engine response, especially with a turbo. Though turbo has come a long way from its early days.... Hmmm if only a twin turbo was possible, hahahaha

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
go for custom ITB if u wanna stick to NA.. turbo kit if ur a HP crazy..

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

makesure u know what type of application ur planning for.. maybe just pure fun, or drag, or time attack ETC..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since crime rates are always in the rise I have a question to ask fans of ZTH here. Are weapons and arms necessary to be kept in the car to protect ourselves?
IMO I won't and don't keep any of these items including steering lock to protect myself as I believe I'm protected if I don't leave my vehicle if I encounter with a road bully of theft. In such cases where theft (i.e: breaking your window to get your handbags or monies left on the passenger seat) is concerned we cannot do much since...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience