Change Of Engine

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yea that really helped loads man! Was so confused about it for sometime, haha.
A friend was telling me the same thing about the CK versions for the new 2013 Satria Neo R3. Just gotta hunt one down though. Any idea on where to begin looking?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I'll pass on the BOT, gonna stick with NA first. If I want to add the turbo i'll do the full engine mod to the 4G93T. That's when my driving skills have improved to a higher level. Plus not to mention the amount of money i'm gonna spend on tires and allignment, it'll take a while to save for the 4G93T.
I think you can find those in many halfcut shops around KL. I'm not sure which halfcut shop you should go because I'm not based in KL. You just need to find for Lancer CK halfcut with 4G93T.

Like these

Halfcut Lancer GSR Ck Turbo for BALIK RAYA - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Halfcut gsr ck manual 1.8 turbo - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Good to hear that you've abandoned the idea of doing BOT. Agree with what you've said, stick to NA first and change to 4G93T if you want to go for forced induction.

Of course i'm not gonna mod the car like some psycho. Take a step at a time, especially since I gotta play around with the car dimensions and its different driving characteristics.
Been driving for around 4+ years and yes I do have experience in turbo but only low powered cars and they were either auto or semi-autos. Never any manual ones or anything above 200+bhp.
The supercharger seemed to be a nicer option though turbo always gave a better bhp boost in comparison. I'll have to toy around with the new car and decide for myself which I require more.
True. Better do things step by step and slowly. Get to know your car's characteristics well first before going for high power. It is dangerous and risky if you are not familiar with the car and suddenly you straight away upgrade your engine to something like 4G93T which has more than 200hp.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think you can find those in many halfcut shops around KL. I'm not sure which halfcut shop you should go because I'm not based in KL. You just need to find for Lancer CK halfcut with 4G93T.

Like these

Halfcut Lancer GSR Ck Turbo for BALIK RAYA - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Halfcut gsr ck manual 1.8 turbo - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
That's awesome! Great start for hunting it down :)
Yea, gotta get used to the car. Like now my current Proton Persona (Automatic) is like a go-kart for me.
After driving it for some time everything seems very natural. The engine response, teasing the brakes (no ABS), handling and the car's reaction during high speed cornering. Though it really lacks the pull from 0 to 80. After that its pretty decent for a proton. Manages up to 170km/h as long as the petrol is below 35% to reduce weight.
One way to solve the lack-off pull problem is to shift the auto gear box manually (drag to "L" and increase from there till you reach "D") while reving it to 6000rpm for the max power. Though that seems to have loosen the lever mechanism somewhat, hahaha.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's awesome! Great start for hunting it down :)
Yea, gotta get used to the car. Like now my current Proton Persona (Automatic) is like a go-kart for me.
After driving it for some time everything seems very natural. The engine response, teasing the brakes (no ABS), handling and the car's reaction during high speed cornering. Though it really lacks the pull from 0 to 80. After that its pretty decent for a proton. Manages up to 170km/h as long as the petrol is below 35% to reduce weight.
One way to solve the lack-off pull problem is to shift the auto gear box manually (drag to "L" and increase from there till you reach "D") while reving it to 6000rpm for the max power. Though that seems to have loosen the lever mechanism somewhat, hahaha.
All the best in finding a nice halfcut. :biggrin:
So, Persona is your daily car and your Neo is the weekend ride? Your Neo is using manual right?

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
All the best in finding a nice halfcut.
So, Persona is your daily car and your Neo is the weekend ride? Your Neo is using manual right?
Sort of. Gonna sell the Persona actually and ride the Neo all the way since I do very light driving on weekdays. In any case,

Thanks so much guys!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Do get the Manual Satria Neo if you plan for mods, don't get the Auto one since u already experienced your sorrow and pain in an Auto Persona. U know how much u wish it was manual for proton.

Auto don't rev like that wei...even though they say gearbox is tough for proton but then chances are u gonna blow it soon :rofl:
I know is shiok la :laugh:

KL lots of half cut shops, or if u really want i can ask a friend of mine, see if he can source one for u. Usually he imports direct from Japan.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Do get the Manual Satria Neo if you plan for mods, don't get the Auto one since u already experienced your sorrow and pain in an Auto Persona. U know how much u wish it was manual for proton.

Auto don't rev like that wei...even though they say gearbox is tough for proton but then chances are u gonna blow it soon
I know is shiok la

KL lots of half cut shops, or if u really want i can ask a friend of mine, see if he can source one for u. Usually he imports direct from Japan.
Yea Auto cars.... :afraid:
The gearbox on Proton's just can't take a beating like the way they used to. I think its the manufacturing that's cutting corners to reduce cost.
Now i'm just taking care of it till its sold off.

Wow, if your friend could import one that would be freaking amazing! :rock:
Though the earliest i'd do that heavy mod would be a 1+ year from now. Need to save money, hahaha. What's the cost estimation for 4G93T+shipping+mounting?

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Why not just install supercharger kit? much simpler than changing engine.
True and the supercharger gives power at the low revs. Unfortunately I seemed very drawn to the turbo idea. Not to mention the sound~ :biggrin:
The Campro CPS is perfect for getting used to the car though I would very much prefer an engine that's naturally comfortable with a higher bhp and has a higher quality standard to it. Engine-wise Mitsubishi > Proton in my book anyday, though that's just my opinion.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yea Auto cars.... :afraid:
The gearbox on Proton's just can't take a beating like the way they used to. I think its the manufacturing that's cutting corners to reduce cost.
Now i'm just taking care of it till its sold off.

Wow, if your friend could import one that would be freaking amazing! :rock:
Though the earliest i'd do that heavy mod would be a 1+ year from now. Need to save money, hahaha. What's the cost estimation for 4G93T+shipping+mounting?
No idea after 1 year+ price differs a lot with the price hike of fuel :rofl:
Also importing one depends on the currency of Japan to determine the price.

But then this engine u can get it locally no need to import specially i suppose. Can go start hunting to know market value then roughly u know how much to save.

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What's the cost estimation for 4G93T+shipping+mounting?
Bro.. if you buy 4G93T CK manual halfcut from local halfcut shop it will cost you about 20k-25k to mount on satria neo. 4G93T CK engine is not plug and play to satria neo engine bay. there are a lot of custom work has to be done in order to make it work to make it roadworthy and reliable. but the result will be totally worth 20k-25k you forked out. the combination of powerful engine with satria neo handling characteristic will carve a smile in your face every time you drive it..

Reliable BOT will cost you about the same if not more depending on hardware use.. for that kind of money you get an engine with about 2xxhp running on 0.9 to 1.2 bar boost.. the advantage of BOT route is you can take off the kit any time if the need arise and you dont have to deal with JPJ and puspakom to endorse the engine. ( the endorsement will not bet straight forward as putting 4G93T in satria neo will involve chasis cutting)

last word.. dont be discourage by people who says not worthed la, cannot la or not reliable la.. always seek advice from people who have done it not from people who read it somewhere.. knowledge is nothing without experience.. cheers and happy modding:driver::driver:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
No idea after 1 year+ price differs a lot with the price hike of fuel
Also importing one depends on the currency of Japan to determine the price.

But then this engine u can get it locally no need to import specially i suppose. Can go start hunting to know market value then roughly u know how much to save.
Hmm, I'll probably start looking on our shores for it. Just gotta cross my fingers and hope I come across one that's in good condition.

Love the Turbo Lag photo! :smile:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hmm, I'll probably start looking on our shores for it. Just gotta cross my fingers and hope I come across one that's in good condition.

Love the Turbo Lag photo! :smile:
Only when u go Turbo then can really experience what it means by that :rofl:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro.. if you buy 4G93T CK manual halfcut from local halfcut shop it will cost you about 20k-25k to mount on satria neo. 4G93T CK engine is not plug and play to satria neo engine bay. there are a lot of custom work has to be done in order to make it work to make it roadworthy and reliable. but the result will be totally worth 20k-25k you forked out. the combination of powerful engine with satria neo handling characteristic will carve a smile in your face every time you drive it..

Reliable BOT will cost you about the same if not more depending on hardware use.. for that kind of money you get an engine with about 2xxhp running on 0.9 to 1.2 bar boost.. the advantage of BOT route is you can take off the kit any time if the need arise and you dont have to deal with JPJ and puspakom to endorse the engine. ( the endorsement will not bet straight forward as putting 4G93T in satria neo will involve chasis cutting)

last word.. dont be discourage by people who says not worthed la, cannot la or not reliable la.. always seek advice from people who have done it not from people who read it somewhere.. knowledge is nothing without experience.. cheers and happy modding
Thanks mate for reassuring the idea to me. Wow, had no idea i'd have to fork out that much. Though from what you say, that amount sounds about right.
Seriously need to cut the chasis.. Hope that doesn't inherently affect the handling in any way and the balance from the added weight.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

the best is do your research 1st. get opinions from other ppl that has done the conversion before deciding to plonk the engine in.
Researching as we type, haha :smile:

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Only when u go Turbo then can really experience what it means by that
Looking forward to it.

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes need to cut chasis around the v-house to put in the 4G93t ck gearbox. if done properly, it will not effect the handling and the added weight is minor as 4G93T' weight a slight more than standard campro engine. use lightweight material such as carbon fibre hood and fenders to counter the weight different.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yes need to cut chasis around the v-house to put in the 4G93t ck gearbox. if done properly, it will not effect the handling and the added weight is minor as 4G93T' weight a slight more than standard campro engine. use lightweight material such as carbon fibre hood and fenders to counter the weight different.
Any JPJ approval issues? Since is not a plug and play usually gonna have a hard time getting the car for approval. Best hire a runner?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's no secret that Lotus is expected to introduce up to five new models at the upcoming Paris Motor Show. Among these five new concepts are two new front-engined GT models, a roadster, the new Esprit and a mystery model taunted to be a new supercar to take on the likes of Ferrari, Mclaren and Lamborghini.

Well, according to reports online, Lotus has officially confirmed the latter.

The Malaysian-owned...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience