Change auto to manual or replace with VQ2.5

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
Hi Guy,

I'm thinking to my feilo auto transmission from auto to manual and the price from 2k to 4k. But yesterday after lepak lepak at kapar half cut shop i suffering liao:hmmmm:, cz I saw 2 VQ2.5 very new, low mileage(<55k km) half cut fresh just come out from container with reasonable price 3 to 4.5k.:hmpf:

So please give me some suggestion. Thanks a lot.:smile:

Btw I also found a A A33 NEO 2.0 half cut at the same shop.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Auto to Manual . RPM would become higher during highway cruise.

2.5cc = Roadtax around rm900-00

Neo Halfcut = 6k++ right?

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi Wah,

the VQ2.5 half cut that u saw, does it come with gearbox?

Anyway, I tried to search for the manual box a few months ago, but comes to no avail. Good that u can get it though. Must be really enjoyable...

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
guys, A32 n A33 r meant for leisure driving + high speeding cruising...so an auto its a better choice comparing to manual. my previous g/box last me over 340,000km before i decided to change to VQ25DE. for me, its good enough for everyday driving n roadtax is definitely cheaper n in terms of power, only a slight difference in terms of torque n pickup.

if the vq25de is ard 3.5k to 4.5k, prepared another 2k+ for oils, workmanship, puspakom checkup etc etc.

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
Thanks for advices,

Sorry I didn't ask for the NEO price, If you interest, i can show you the way to there, for my understanding they sale quite cheap compare to other.

They sale to whole car to me, that's mean from front to back every thing charge me 5k, the other one is just the half cut (include gearbox).

May I know manual in 5th gear 100km/h, what the reading on rpm? and also for VQ25 cruising 100 km/h the rpm reading?

Thank you very much

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
you need to set the objective what you want. and what is your current engine cc?

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
Yap thanks for advices,

Last year plan suppose to be.
1.) Get VQ25 and replace it
2.) Just drive it till I willing to give up
But I can not get a good condition with reasonable price half cut so it become VQ20

Than I lepak leapk the chop shop recently, they told me that some shop near Jalan Kapar have manual gearbox for my car and total cost around 2k, so on the way I plan for the conversion I found VQ25 with very nice look and good condition(last batch), now something may change
1.) Continue install the manual gearbox to VQ20
2.) Confirm the manual gear ratio so it would impact the fuel consumption when I replace with VQ25
3.) Replace the VQ20 with VQ25 but keeping the manual gearbox
4.) Drive until I give up (at less 5 year)

Now back to the root, I must make sure the gear ratio in the manual gearbox and VQ25 auto gearbox have a simular gear ratio so it would impact the fuel comsumption.

Thanks.

MafiaRide

Jun 26, 2006
Definitely must match gear ratio. For example, manual has 5 gears, so your auto also must have 5 gears. If you do not have enough gears, include the Reverse gear, that will give you 5 gears.

BTW, fuel consumption has a direct relationship to your right foot. The heavier your right foot, the higher your fuel consumption. Drive decently, then fuel consumption will definitely improve for a manual gearbox car. Even with an auto, cefiros are quite light sippers. My VQ25 can do about 550-600km on a mix highway/city driving. It will do almost 700km on purely highway travel.

Really, the gearbox type plays a very small role, its the driver that is the problem.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Seen a Cefiro A32 2.5 V6 TURBO for sale in motor trader. I think its only one in Malaysia.

Anybody here is the lucky owner?

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely must match gear ratio. For example, manual has 5 gears, so your auto also must have 5 gears. If you do not have enough gears, include the Reverse gear, that will give you 5 gears.

BTW, fuel consumption has a direct relationship to your right foot. The heavier your right foot, the higher your fuel consumption. Drive decently, then fuel consumption will definitely improve for a manual gearbox car. Even with an auto, cefiros are quite light sippers. My VQ25 can do about 550-600km on a mix highway/city driving. It will do almost 700km on purely highway travel.

Really, the gearbox type plays a very small role, its the driver that is the problem.
on highway drive either light foot or heavy foot my fc still same...wonder y :smokin:

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005

Take for example two feilo, 1 with 3000 rpm 120km/h another 1 3000 rpm 112km/h, both with same engine capacity, the second 1 no matter how light ur foot is it wouldn't make better fc than the first one right? In this case the gear ratio really play a big roles.

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
on highway drive either light foot or heavy foot my fc still same...wonder y :smokin:
was driving back SUbang-> Ipoh, usually going around 130-150km/h, and it consumes around 1.5 bar (quarter and a half), days ago was drivin around 110km/h, FC improved tremendously, consumes not more than a bar. If im going more than 160, the cefiro is gonna be d*mn thirsty...
Take for example two feilo, 1 with 3000 rpm 120km/h another 1 3000 rpm 112km/h, both with same engine capacity, the second 1 no matter how light ur foot is it wouldn't make better fc than the first one right? In this case the gear ratio really play a big roles.
i would say..gear ratio plays a big role only when u upgrade to a much higher capacity engine (e.g. 2.0-3.0L) What's the speed of 3.0L when running on 3k RPM?

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
How about A32 2.5 at 3000 rpm? anyone?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
get the g.ratio, and final drive you will be able to calculate the speed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

IND Distribution - an American based tuner responsible for such BMW greats like the Dakar Yellow E92, Silverstone II E93 convertible, E92 Red Death, and the first-ever carbon-fiber-roofed E90 M3 sedan. And their latest addition to the tuning house is another BMW E92 M3 coupe called the Green Hell.<!--more-->...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience