Cefiro A33 Titaned...

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
Got my ride Titaned today...

4 x Adjustable high low kit...4 x 700 = RM 2800...

The new touch...
Handling is good and sharp...
Still not so used to the stiffness compare to stock spring/absorbers....A bit bumpy on uneven road...Not so happy with the feeling yet... :frown:
Was told that the dampers will soften after a week or two,so...will feed back after 2 weeks...

High speed driving...
Confident ride...(Hope it's not psycological effect!!)
Was driving till 180kph along KL/Seremban highway,(can't go further due to heavy traffic..evening peak) and happy with the handling and road holding compared to before...though the same feeling of stiffness it's there... :frown:

Will try out tonite along some winding road area and see the difference...

Will report...

Cheers... :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS: Thanks to Uncle Richard & crew for the warm reception and good service... :smile: :smile:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Once you get used to the stiffness... you will want more! Mine used to be very stiff... after a while, I stiffen it up with all round aluminium mounts.

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
Lawcc said:
wei....Bob, all the way from Seremban get your car Titaned, respect...respect...
Actually, my place is still another 50km further south from Seremban...
so refining/tuning the dampers also quite a problem for me...
...fuel,toll charges,time consumed till I really satisfied with the ride...come to think about it...how many people will do such thing??Xiao Lang!!(Hokkien),as my friends were referring me...

Travel a lot these days around Tampin,Kuala Pilah & Bahau area...lots of sharp corners...fed up with the org suspension....makes me really want to try the difference after hearing/reading so much about Titan...

The corner test...
Taking fast corners had improved so much...firm,sharp and steady...but the stiffness make the ride very bumpy...
My brother was in the car,(he travels with me everyday) and complaint about the bump though he felt the improvement while taking corners...and of course,high speed cruising...

Will wait for 2/3 weeks and see if does soften down and give a more comfortable ride....

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
Improvement...

RachelAgl said:
Actually, my place is still another 50km further south from Seremban...
so refining/tuning the dampers also quite a problem for me...
...fuel,toll charges,time consumed till I really satisfied with the ride...come to think about it...how many people will do such thing??Xiao Lang!!(Hokkien),as my friends were referring me...

Travel a lot these days around Tampin,Kuala Pilah & Bahau area...lots of sharp corners...fed up with the org suspension....makes me really want to try the difference after hearing/reading so much about Titan...

The corner test...
Taking fast corners had improved so much...firm,sharp and steady...but the stiffness make the ride very bumpy...
My brother was in the car,(he travels with me everyday) and complaint about the bump though he felt the improvement while taking corners...and of course,high speed cruising...

Will wait for 2/3 weeks and see if does soften down and give a more comfortable ride....
My tyre pressure was 30psi all round...
Reduced the rear pressure to 29psi and seems not so bumpy now...
Dare not reduce the front...considering the weight of the engine...

Recommended pressure (at the door pillar ) is 33 Front and 31 Rear...

Comments and advice??

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bobby...need to sacrifice comfort for handling la..hehehe
anyway, i believe they can still tune ur adjustables. give it a week or 2 for the abs to settle down n see how it goes. anyway, really tapik u la...but i believe...its worth every penny...

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
RachelAgl said:
Recommended pressure (at the door pillar ) is 33 Front and 31 Rear...
ehh...What is the stock tyre size ah? My recommended pressue is 32 front and 29 rear (205.65.15)

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
Lawcc said:
ehh...What is the stock tyre size ah? My recommended pressue is 32 front and 29 rear (205.65.15)
Ong...

Compared to what you have done to your car,mine mean nothing lah...
I am a bit greedy...want to have good handling yet still complaining about the lost comfort...
Hope it will soften a bit after settling down...really don't like driving all the way there to re-adjust the dampers...

Law...

My stock size is 215/55/16...recmmded pressure F33/R31...

Another version written on top...205/65/15...recmmded 29 psi all round...
Don't know why can be same all round using 15" tyre??
Anyone??

A mechanic at Tan Chong put 30 psi all round for me...was comfortable till I Titaned...
Am thinking if can put 28 psi all round or not??
Can the tyre side wall get damaged and BOOM at high speed!! :eek: :eek:
Touch wood(3x)!!

Any sifu can advice??

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bobby...with lower psi...ur tyres wouldnt burst. however, it will for sure eat up ur sidewall much more faster. besides that, FC will increase bcoz it has much more drag. also, cornering is not as good as higher psi tyres. u have to try n c which 1 fit u best. for me, front 235/45/17 = 36psi rear 255/40/17 = 33 psi...hehe

MancCell

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Shah Alam
I have 28psi all round. This was recommended by the tyre shop and I was a bit dubious at first since it seemed a little low to me.

So far though, everything is OK. No adverse handling effects compared to stock.

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
RachelAgl said:
Law...
Another version written on top...205/65/15...recmmded 29 psi all round...
Don't know why can be same all round using 15" tyre??
Anyone??
Puzzle....205/65/15 29 psi all round but mine F31/R29????

peter liew

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Malaysia
Used Titan adjusteble absorber

Hi peter here :biggrin:
I have one pair front titan hi lo adjusteble a32 absorber for sell still under warrenty.....( help my friend to sold out )
RM699...... :eek: for 2
pls call 012-9858377

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
Lawcc said:
Puzzle....205/65/15 29 psi all round but mine F31/R29????
It is logical to have higher pressure in front considering the weight of the engine....unless you carry full load all the time...for me back seat always kosong....

Will try F29/R28 and see if good since MancCell is having 28 all round,with no problem...
was a bit worried cos the front looked really thin for a 55 series tyre...

Thanks guys for the input... :tee: