Cefiro A33 Half-Cut ?

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
Has anyone,by any chance saw any A33 (3.0L) half-cut at any kereta potong shop ??

Probably how much it will cost, if available ??

I don't know if they start cutting A33 already...since this model was out as early as 2000(?) in Japan n Singapore...who knows..??

Pls help!!

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hey bob...it will be pretty expensive if u ask me. A32 also like RM5k++...whats ur budget. will try to look for u coz i have fren in this industry. only want VQ30DE right?

vk9

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Sabah
thinking to convert to 3.0?? :eek:

cgui

500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
Setapak
wow man .. from 2.0 to 3.0 huh? not worried about road tax? maybe follow wat Ong & Law did .. convert to 2.5 only .. no need to worry at year-end of road tax ...

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
Just check with the chop-shop where I got the 2.5l engine, he say don't have as is still new, and also give remark it will be quite expensive.

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
ongteckweng said:
wei law...wan my absorber or not ahh
Actually my absorbers just changed 3 months ago (KYB Excel-G), so not very either bad suspension, hard absorber or hard tyres can the car to be quite bumpy.

Some says tyres, so I changed tyres, no difference.
Some says hard absorbers, so just wanna to confirmed whether is due to that. If this is the reason, then I want back the original feel lah...

So that is why thought of getting it from you....but must be cheap...cheap...lah....

So the ball is at you now....accept my last offer? hehehe...

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
Just come back from chop-shop, thought of getting the custom form and go to Puspakom to do the inspection, unfortunately the engine number is wrongly stated in the form, so the chop-shop have to amend the form, which will take about 2 weeks time. What a unlucky day...

And today only mechanic offer to buy my 3.0l engine, which already trade-in at RM500 to the chop-shop, and not allowed me to cancel the trade-in, even offer to buy back at RM600.

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
ongteckweng said:
hey bob...it will be pretty expensive if u ask me. A32 also like RM5k++...whats ur budget. will try to look for u coz i have fren in this industry. only want VQ30DE right?
Thank you all for the quick replies!!

Am only checking the price first and see if it's worth or not for some items that I am interested besides the 3.0L engine...

Tan Chong coded me RM 4k+ for the stock auto adjust Xenon head-lights...

There are some features not available in the 2.0L that I may find it from the half cut....
1. Wooden steering with auto cruise control n audio control.
2. Anti-glare rear view mirror.
3. sensor indicative unit.
4. Bumper fog-lights with cornering lamp (about RM 2k)

So,if the haif cut come within RM 10k, with all these features...it should be a good buy...

Regarding how to go about up-grading the engine....I have to figure it out but not to post it in an open forum....you know why... :wink:

Do let me know if anyone come across the half cut...TQ..

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Lawcc said:
Actually my absorbers just changed 3 months ago (KYB Excel-G), so not very either bad suspension, hard absorber or hard tyres can the car to be quite bumpy.

Some says tyres, so I changed tyres, no difference.
Some says hard absorbers, so just wanna to confirmed whether is due to that. If this is the reason, then I want back the original feel lah...

So that is why thought of getting it from you....but must be cheap...cheap...lah....

So the ball is at you now....accept my last offer? hehehe...
no prob la...rm100...for 2 abs + spring. just take it la. hehehe
call me when u want it.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
u sure u want? i saw one last month.... with all the things that u mentioned... and the price is around RM13k.. 3.0L...

but... u sure can pass JPJ/Puspakom meh? 2.0 to 3.0 is like more than 25% cc increment already.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
topui11 said:
u sure u want? i saw one last month.... with all the things that u mentioned... and the price is around RM13k.. 3.0L...

but... u sure can pass JPJ/Puspakom meh? 2.0 to 3.0 is like more than 25% cc increment already.
if i am not mistaken. u can with Jap cars. currently, if u read JPJ's rules n regulation, we can increase more than 25% but need to apply from Kawal Selia. The main things is not to make any modification on the mountings. also things like suspension, brake system and other safety issue need to be address as well. ie: UPGRADE!!!

the thing that we cant upgrade is for Proton only. hehe

btw, topui...always lepak at chop shop ah...by any chance u have seen any A32 stuffs like spoilers, bodykits etc. if yes, pls let me know okie. thanks...

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
topui11 said:

RM 13k is a bit too high for me...i was hoping to get something less than 10k...
Can check for me if they willing to let go at less than 10k??
Who knows,...since this model is quite cold in the market...
they may want to throw and get some cash... :smile:

As for JPJ...pandai pandai lah...
there was a saying...
do anything you like but don't get caught...
who's going to measure your bore & stroke anyway??

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
RachelAgl said:
RM 13k is a bit too high for me...i was hoping to get something less than 10k...
Can check for me if they willing to let go at less than 10k??
Who knows,...since this model is quite cold in the market...
they may want to throw and get some cash... :smile:

As for JPJ...pandai pandai lah...
there was a saying...
do anything you like but don't get caught...
who's going to measure your bore & stroke anyway??
but theres always engine number to check!!! hehe
and never ever got in accident....errrr....touchwood...hehe