Carburetor Section

Jan 22, 2015
Ipoh,Kuantan
gunnerzz, thx for the tips bro. The weber 32/36 i source it from turbogemini.com; they have reproduction and the ori one, been talking to Mr.Bent for quite some times and base on the info given by him, the weber carb (ori/reproduction) performs exactly the same due to the exact mold/licence pattern, adapter to suit my Nissan is provided by them,pricing for the weber carb is around RM1.4k plus shipping, you can check out their website. Currently they are testing on turbocharging a nissan z24 engine in which i'm eager to be part of their project once it's been fully tested.
As for the local mechanic, been scouting a few area in kuantan, so far many mechanic have never heard of weber and dont dare to touch or swap my stock carb, once they heard carburetor "Sorry la boss...i x biasa buat" Maybe i really need to look for those wshop below the trees or near a cave....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
gunnerzz, thx for the tips bro. The weber 32/36 i source it from turbogemini.com; they have reproduction and the ori one, been talking to Mr.Bent for quite some times and base on the info given by him, the weber carb (ori/reproduction) performs exactly the same due to the exact mold/licence pattern, adapter to suit my Nissan is provided by them,pricing for the weber carb is around RM1.4k plus shipping, you can check out their website. Currently they are testing on turbocharging a nissan z24 engine in which i'm eager to be part of their project once it's been fully tested.
As for the local mechanic, been scouting a few area in kuantan, so far many mechanic have never heard of weber and dont dare to touch or swap my stock carb, once they heard carburetor "Sorry la boss...i x biasa buat" Maybe i really need to look for those wshop below the trees or near a cave....lol
i think there is a video on how to tune your weber in youtube.

since your carb somes with the adapter then just diy install it.
u might need some fuel hose as old one might be to short or the nozzle is positiin in a different location.
stock air cleaner have to go right?

on the tuning,i do believe the conpany did set the carb during testing.
u wont have a problem running it after installing.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most mechanics are now accustomed to fuel injection. If carb, then normal ones only.
You need to find old school mechanic already. My mechanic is, but he is in Selangor. My first 4 cars were all carb, and the 4th one I fitted Weber down draught to it when the original one failed but that was quite a while ago also.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Hi, to all sifu.....i'm a newbie in carb mods and i need some advice or contacts for my old little car project
My Old car: Nissan Terrano 2300cc with stock engine, stock carb (unmolested):driver:
Currently i have few mods in my mind
1. Change the stock nissan carb to a weber 32/36DGV- Weber carb i was able to source from an ausie contact, but i need a sifu to install and tune
2. If everything went smooth on the 1st mod; a blow through turbo setup for the weber carb (pre-jetted); blow through and turbo kit i can supply if exhaust & intake manifold can fabricate locally even better- then again i need a sifu to help me complete this project.
By the way; my current location is at east coast (Kuantan) but willing to travel to KL to complete this project. Hope all sifu here can help.....tq tq :driver:
No:1 I think not a problem.
No:2 will not be easy to turbo a carb.....:hmmmm:

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
Long time not login in zth forum. Nice to know have other interested in carb especially weber. I also source my Reproduction Twin Weber 45 DCOE from turbogemini.com. Yes to fit in your modification carb don't go to workshop/service centre that cater many clients that come for service or standard repair, they simply don't have time to do modifications. As you said better find workshop under the tree. I'm lucky have friend workshop, I source for info from internet he do the work.

By the way I'm fitting the DCOE to my Iswara :)

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
Woh! twin side draft Weber 45. Won't the fuel feed be too high for a 1.5L engine?
Not necessarily, just need to properly tune the jettings (idle jet, pump jet, main jet & air corrector also the venturi size) to suite your engine. For now I can get around 300km per Rm50 ron95 (recent petrol price) without sacrificing the power.

It takes me very long time to get the tune I need, but it worth it :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not necessarily, just need to properly tune the jettings (idle jet, pump jet, main jet & air corrector also the venturi size) to suite your engine. For now I can get around 300km per Rm50 ron95 (recent petrol price) without sacrificing the power.

It takes me very long time to get the tune I need, but it worth it :)
Fuh! that is pretty good. I had a Down draft on my previous 3rd Gen Accord. The best we had was also a side draft 45 on the 2nd Gen Prelude. Started out with the 40, then 45 with high cam. That was a 1.8L power plant but after total mod can out accelerate the then old model BMW 323i....:driver:

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
Fuh! that is pretty good. I had a Down draft on my previous 3rd Gen Accord. The best we had was also a side draft 45 on the 2nd Gen Prelude. Started out with the 40, then 45 with high cam. That was a 1.8L power plant but after total mod can out accelerate the then old model BMW 323i....:driver:
:driver::congrats:

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
:driver::biggrin::slug:

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just checking in seeding the knowledge from here... :driver:

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
Oh ya, just for info. When you fit in twin weber, advisable to upgrade your standard ignition system to performance ignition system such as MSD or HKS ignition driver, especially for old car. If not it will be hard to get it properly tuned as you will always running rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ae92 corolla

Known Member
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys its been more than 2 since i log in into ZTH. Nice to see the forums are still ongoing.

Im using Toyota Corolla AE92 sedan. I bought a brand new Aisin or Aisan (couldnt remember) brand carburetor to replace my old carburetor in 2012.

Previously i can go up to 120 km for RM 20 / RM 22 petrol (without air cond).

Recently im having problem with my carburetor, i can only go up to 90 km for RM 20 / RM 22 petrol (without air cond).

Do i need to re-tune the carburetor for some fuel savings? If yes, can you all suggest any experts in this with a reliable service records. By the way, i am from Serdang, Selangor. Preferred the mechanic within Klang Valley.

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
Maybe you can try the carburetor/injection cleaner first. Also it might not the carb problem, other factor like ignition (distributor, plug, plug cable) also contribute the the poor fuel consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk