Car uneven height > change suspension left to right?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
The strory goes like this, my car is an old Civic SO4. Lately I noticed that my car ride height is lower on the driver's side (front and back). I also faced this problem before in my previous car (Sentra N13), but not as noticeable.

I plan to swap the suspension, spring/absorber from left to right and vice versa. The question is, are they interchangeable from left to right? Any sifu can help?:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The strory goes like this, my car is an old Civic SO4. Lately I noticed that my car ride height is lower on the driver's side (front and back). I also faced this problem before in my previous car (Sentra N13), but not as noticeable.

I plan to swap the suspension, spring/absorber from left to right and vice versa. The question is, are they interchangeable from left to right? Any sifu can help?:smokin:
I don't believe the rear absorbers have left or right one unless it has those antiroll bar brackets. The front however does have direction so I don't think you can switch the front ones.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
i also having the same problem. 1 finger gap difference.

I tried to swap my rear left to right, but end up same. This is for my original absorber.

Now pakai adjustable absorber, it still sengek no matter how i adjust....wth :thefinger:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah

I tried to swap my rear left to right, but end up same. This is for my original absorber.

Now pakai adjustable absorber, it still sengek no matter how i adjust....wth :thefinger:
I see.. Using adjustable also senget :questionmark: Hmm, did you adjust the same ride height and stiffness for both absorber?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

u change absorber mounting or not with that new adjustable???

my car oso sengek.....so counter by adjusting driver side a bit higher....now running fine :biggrin: also great to counter side rolling especially on countless highway exit route which was highspeed lefthander corner.... :biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I wonder why 99% of all right-hand drive cars will become 'senget' at the driver side.. :confused:

My theory is: 1. The car is heavier on that side.
2. The spring already sag or the absorber already become soft at that side.

It doesn't really affect handling but it just doesn't look right, what an eyesore lah... :banghead:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
My ride height balance is also uneven with a little bit lower at driver side.

My another ride was having the same unbalance body height issue, I replaced the absorber's rubber top mount at the affected side with a new one it became a little better. It seemed that a new set of springs and absorbers did not have any effect on height balance in my case.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
I see.. Using adjustable also senget :questionmark: Hmm, did you adjust the same ride height and stiffness for both absorber?
yes i do. Even i adjust it to:

right side higher, left side lower, also the same...wadaf.....:banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I wonder why 99% of all right-hand drive cars will become 'senget' at the driver side.. :confused:

My theory is: 1. The car is heavier on that side.
2. The spring already sag or the absorber already become soft at that side.

It doesn't really affect handling but it just doesn't look right, what an eyesore lah... :banghead:
coz 100% all the time driver weight on the right...all highway entry/exit corner to the left...burden the right side of the car....

not only right side suspension and spring recieved the load....i suspect it affected the car chasis also...especially on car that more than 10y-old.... :adore:

thats my theory btw :biggrin:

*jakk...how much the differences at the adjustment ring between left and right? mine differ almost 1inch to get left and right side ride height even...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
So many cars like that?? Better check mine also. Hehe.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
You mean it is supposed to be like that?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
In my case, it is the driver side that sinks, even without driver onboard.
Someone please check out the height balance if you happen to be in new car showroom, is it leveled?

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
coz 100% all the time driver weight on the right...all highway entry/exit corner to the left...burden the right side of the car....

not only right side suspension and spring recieved the load....i suspect it affected the car chasis also...especially on car that more than 10y-old.... :adore:

thats my theory btw :biggrin:

*jakk...how much the differences at the adjustment ring between left and right? mine differ almost 1inch to get left and right side ride height even...
i got the same theory with u too, somemore my weight is 100kg+++ :biggrin:

the difference of the ring between left and right.... ermmm....cant remember :confused:
but what i remember is, my mechanic adjust lower at passenger side, driver side drop too.

using TEIN btw...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now i have the layout for my spectra which i would likes to been custom change, :D any suggestion about which shop labour is better and not too expensive ... don't suggest daichi that is not good enough but it is damn expensive ..... :mad:

the custom bodykit of mine, i think only the front bumper change a lot ant the side and real bumper just add on the lips i think any suggestion ? :cool:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience