Imbalance Abs Height {after installed EK9 abs}

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
Sifus all, only realised my front panel gap is imbalance after installed EK9 abs+spring. Prior to this, I was using adjustable abs, so didnt really notice anthing goes wrong with my car panel gap btwn the tyre and the fender.

Driver side panel gap is about 1/2" higher than the passenger side. I'm thinking to change to Eibach spring soon but b4 that, would like to solve this gap difference 1st.

Another fren of mine who just installed the same abs, didnt face such problem... so, i guess it is not normal for my case.

Has anyone here experience this b4 and any solution to it? Any part I should check which contributed to this problem?

FYI, I've taken out both abs and compare the height; which is same and i dont think is the abs causes the imbalance panel gap.

Thx all in advance.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
try measuring at different parking area.
make sure ground is totally flat.

maybe one spring already weaker than the other,...

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
try measuring at different parking area.
make sure ground is totally flat.

maybe one spring already weaker than the other,...
thx for the advise bro.
have done that where i measured the panel gap in flat/even ground. it's still 1/2" higher on the driver side. the gap difference is quite obvious.

spring weaker? hmmm....how to check whether the spring at the passenger side is weaker than the driver side? anyway to check test the spring? or should i get a set of front spring and install it on the abs to check whether it is still imbalance?

fyi, no issue on the arm bar.

steadymatrock

Jan 6, 2007
Sometimes the way they tightened the lower arm bush. Before any height adjustment been done loosen those bush and take measurement on a flat ground.

Ride&Handling

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
check this out then;

1. double check your spring pan height. measure from the bottom of your damper body to the tip of the pan. measure at identical spot for both damper. ensure same height.
2. are u using the like TEIN HA that has support pre load spring? maybe one is not the same height also.
3. if can, measure your spring stiffness..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
IF using the standard ones, sometimes it's just the bushes and rubber spring seats (some cars) on the upper spring cap)

I would test the springs first because it's something you can do at home, if you have 2 jacks.

park the car on level ground, measure and note height from bottom of sideskirt or fender to ground.

Jack up car, remove tire, 2nd jack jack up the arm, and then release the first jack you used to when you removed the tire.

2nd jack, jack it to the measured height you first measured, then measure how tall is the spring.

Do the same on each tire, and if all four is the same, it's not the springs, if it is, then it's probably the spring sagging due to old age, or technically the term would be hysteresis. or, if you buy second hand, sometimes they mix in different sets to make up one set, so you can also end up with the one soft spring problem.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
IF using the standard ones, sometimes it's just the bushes and rubber spring seats (some cars) on the upper spring cap)

I would test the springs first because it's something you can do at home, if you have 2 jacks.

park the car on level ground, measure and note height from bottom of sideskirt or fender to ground.

Jack up car, remove tire, 2nd jack jack up the arm, and then release the first jack you used to when you removed the tire.

2nd jack, jack it to the measured height you first measured, then measure how tall is the spring.

Do the same on each tire, and if all four is the same, it's not the springs, if it is, then it's probably the spring sagging due to old age, or technically the term would be hysteresis. or, if you buy second hand, sometimes they mix in different sets to make up one set, so you can also end up with the one soft spring problem.

or the prev car that the set of spring was sitting on,... the passenger side always have a fat fat fat lady/guy! :driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello pals,

I stay in BM . I wish to modidy my air filter ( drop -in ) and exhaust system ( extractor to muffler ).

But, can somebody recommend me which shop is good and reliable in Penang, Prai, BM, Kulim or Butterworth ??

My budget is a around RM 1000.

Just need to know which SHOP.

Thanx

voon
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience