Car shaking when engaging 1st gear

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
It should only occur when at the biting point. If its jerking when clutch is fully engaged then its definatelysomething wrong man..
ok its like this the jerking gets worse as i release the clutch on low rpm
it goes away if i press down the clutch or rev the engine higher while the gear is engaged

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
ok its like this the jerking gets worse as i release the clutch on low rpm
it goes away if i press down the clutch or rev the engine higher while the gear is engaged

yeah me too.. vibration happens at the biting point of the clutch, happens very early.. and my clutch is about 3 months already and the car is daily driven.. g/box mounting also changed..

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
From what you discribed, sounds like it's the charecteristic of your racing clutch cos racing clutches are supposed to bite with more grip. It takes a bit of getting used to. You have to disengage a little faster in one smooth motion.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
From what you discribed, sounds like it's the charecteristic of your racing clutch cos racing clutches are supposed to bite with more grip. It takes a bit of getting used to. You have to disengage a little faster in one smooth motion.
this sounds about accurate coz this only happens in my first and second gears coz i release it pretty slowly then
but 3rd gear onwards quick shifting :biggrin:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
this sounds about accurate coz this only happens in my first and second gears coz i release it pretty slowly then
but 3rd gear onwards quick shifting :biggrin:

do u experience the vibration while engine braking too? i get vibrations when i downshift from 4th to 3rd gear, and it happens at the clutch biting point just like when im upshifting..

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
frust wooo when driving smoothly, then wanna downshift n layan corner it vibrates! now must drive like old man :banghead:

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Thats why when driving hard and downshifting, the heel & toe technique should be applied for smooth down shifting. :driver:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Thats why when driving hard and downshifting, the heel & toe technique should be applied for smooth down shifting. :driver:

hey E3newbie, i should be named newbie on this topic! hehe still cant brake smoothly with my toes, need more practice.. with the clutch problem, i have a reason to practice heel-toe on all the corners i see :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For Campro owners most will have faced this minor issue of oil leak at the top valve cover. This problem will start roughly around the 30,000KM plus mileage. If you are a slow driver and seldom rev the engine hard you can delay this problem until 60,000KM or so...when the oil leak happens it does not affect the engine performance but just becoming an eye sore and if go unattended the leak will start to worsen or other parts of the top cover will start to leak. This problem can be solved and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience