Car shaking when engaging 1st gear

fevernova_xx

Jan 9, 2007
Hi,

I just installed exedy semi-racing single plate clutch to my Satria GTI BOT. Before this I'm using standard clutch which is slipping like hell when flooring. Is it normal or not when engaging the 1st gear, the car is terribly shaking. I have to increase more rpm to reduce the vibration. thought this is normal because I never tried racing clutch before. Thanks in advance.

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
did ur mech skim the flywheel before install the clutch & gearbox?

seems like ur car flywheel surface where the clutch friction material & the flywheel contact warped/uneven...

try to drive a few days let it seasoning 1st...if u are lucky enough it will gone after few days of seasoning & if problem still exist then have to take out the flywheel for skim...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe there was some oil stain on the clutch plate/flywheel kena during installation???

or try running in your clutch first and then see for a few weeks..

:adore:

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
Mounting lah dude
or the BOT not install properly , something kena Body / chassis / Cross member
check it clearly

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i tot all racing clutches (3puck & above) should feel like that....
no lah...mostly from my rally car experience its because of the clutch plate/flywheel kena oil stain (or flywheel not cleaned properly) making the clutch biting point lompat2 coz got slippage at certain area (oil stain) and bite back at clean area..... :adore:

when full clutch release sure grip all if not thats not race/high performance clutch unit :biggrin:

*was this fit the TS description of "shaking" ???? :hmmmm:

nic1213

Known Member
Jun 17, 2004
peejay
Mounting lah dude
or the BOT not install properly , something kena Body / chassis / Cross member
check it clearly
hmm... why would it be mounting? or BOT installation can make the car shake? mind to clarify bro?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
hmm mine shakes when in 2nd and 3rd gear when driving very slow like in a traffic jam..
g/box mounting changed as well (replaced oem clutch 3 months ago)..
what could be the cause?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
yeah i am also faced with this problem where car shakes violently in 1,2 or 3rd gear at low rpm's when engaging the gear
anyone care to chime in???:listen:

fevernova_xx

Jan 9, 2007
appreaciate all the replies.. according to my tuner, the vibration is perfectly normal. The more pucks of the clutch plate, the less vibration it will produce. I have to sacrifice the comfortness of standard clutch for the sake of more power, unless i'm willing to buy more expensive clutch plate.. after 2 weeks, i have used to the stiffness and the shaking. The vibration only in 1st gear only, only need to rev up some more, no problem. Going to dyno again to see how much horsies gained

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All

Need some advice regarding this issue. Planing to add a GB cooler to my trammy without discrad the original one. Setup should be as attachment.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience