Car Got Weird Sound From Engine Bay

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
This happend to me past few days. Till now i still dont know what is the exactly root cause of problem. The trouble part is this sound only appear once in a while. I send to mech n they also cant figure out the problem due to the sound donwan to appear :shakehead:

When i turn on my engine, i can hear the sound like 'krakkkkk' continuesly from engine bay, n after some time the sound will turn off. If i turn on the air cond, the sound is there too.

While driving, the sound get louder as i rev, when i step on my cluthc n didnt accelerate, the sound is very very minimize. When i rev then can hear the kraakkkk sound.
Sometimes the sound will mix with chiittt chiittt too.

I suspected its something to do with belt. issit the bearing kong ? or issit my alternator kong ? so far i hav no problem starting my car ...
how much estimated cost ar :respect: :respect:

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
today checked n the foreman confirmed its compressor.

He said its about rm450~500 including labour for recond set.

Issit dangerous if i dont change it and wait for 2 months first ? (no budget le). He say the compressor might jam and then need clean n change whole thing... more xpensive

Can i dont open aircond to avoid the compressor jam ??

But i found that the sound will appear even i didnt open the aircond. As i turn on the engine, the sound will appear alreadi @_@

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
i dun think the sound caused by the compressor since u said the sound still appeared eventhou u didnt on the aircon.

i personally faced similar sound which caused by the aircon compressor....but the sound didnt appear when i off the aircond... and yes, if u can live and drive without air-con, u can do that til u have the budget.

btw, u sure the sound come from engine bay? y dun u quickly pop up ur hood and check where the sound come from when the sounds appear? from there, u shud know the caused of it. i suspected ur mid box system ''kong" di...not the bearing or compressor.

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun
450 - 500 is sure cut throat one...actually can change the air cond pulley.cost about 50-100 only...what car?
if want to change compressor go and look at chop shop.much cheaper.installation easy.can ask any mechanic to help(pay for labour only).

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun

Issit dangerous if i dont change it and wait for 2 months first ? (no budget le). He say the compressor might jam and then need clean n change whole thing... more xpensive

But i found that the sound will appear even i didnt open the aircond. As i turn on the engine, the sound will appear alreadi @_@

tell the foreman this : "what more expensive bro, if jam simply change la why clean somemore and telling more expensive..."

that foreman wants your money la ....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

just try to put the aircond compressor additive...provided ur compressor still working la...it will longer the life of the compressor until got budget...
try to start your car and see the pulley whether the belt moving smooth or not and if not ( a bit jam jam..) better take off the aircond belt coz the magnet at the pulley jam liao...
no aircond can drive ar:hmmmm: boleh-land wether not boleh one le...hehehe..
Good Luck...

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
update

A foreman had help me temporaly removed my air cond belt .. no more sound.

They said its my compressor bearing n pulley sound. My compressor is Tecko brand, driving satria 1.3

Some foreman say must find the compatible parts from chop shop.
Others not match at all.

However, i found a spare part shop at Seapark PH Auto. They selling the air cond pulley and bearing for my car ... n say shud be ngam. If not ngam can adjust the belt a bit ... cost rm25 only.

The size of the bearing is juz as big as ciggarate box ... is it the correct item ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve all wondered what it would be like, but few could actually get the chance to put it in practice. What are we talking about? It’s a direct comparison of between driving a course in real life and on Gran Turismo 5 with the same car and wheelman.

Denis Malevanyi is quite the driver and he’s hustled a BMW M3 around the Nurburgring with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience