emm i better off with Bimmer 328 anytime

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Dec 20 2004, 12:18
i think it's quite do-able.

but we( tuners/race-workshop) need to break outta this block, and start with REAL spaceframe chassis and fibreglass cover(!!) for the body,
minimum FR
proper Drag slicks
proper dynamics of the chassis + layout (for best accelaration)
aerodynamics
straight-cut gearbox

many basics we don't have in our drag cars
let alone wanna be a dragster..
sigh

the Pink 180SX with the RB26 is an example of how (minimum) a dragster should be.
and i think that car can be alot better..
would taking out the gt-wing improve the time?
physically,gt-wing increases drag = bad for drag
right?wrong?

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
frankly, i think the overal setup is important, secondly - and more important is the driver!!

space frame, drag slicks etc do help, but we need a driver that can drive the machine to the maximum!!!!

the pink 200sx from thailand came with a mission to clock 8 sec but too bad he broke the gearbox. he sounds very confident that his car can clock 8 sec because the last round when he did 9.099sec, the car is still NOT running on maximum power.

BUT, if any other driver is to drive the car, we may not even get the 9 sec. do u guys notice that the HKS drag r33 is always driven by the same driver (i think kawasaki something)?? i can bet you that if another driver is to drive the car, it may not clock the usual 7 & 6 sec..... controlling a 800bhp++ machine is not easy.... i've sat in 1 800bhp machine before and i can see that its not easy to handle at all, what more if the driver must launch perfectly, gearing at the perfect timing etc etc throughout the 400m???

i've seen a car driven by 2 driver in a same drag race clocking time difference of nearly 1 sec, so driver really does matter!!!

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
i've sat in at 775KW rear wheel drive rx7 before in australia... and wow the feeling is great..the driver was so cool and calm even tought the car was drifting at 4th gear... madness but yes driver is important.. the car i sat did a 7.66sec rx7 tube frame too.. damn shiock....

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Start buying imports Drag magazine and learn how they perform with imports.

The Turbonetics sponsored 2JZ Celica TubeFrame competing in PRO RWD already registering sub 6's timesheet..thier PRO FWD already hit low 9 ( The Kubo Effect )

Drag in US was started since 1960's..and they have 40 years of experiences....

djp0is0n

Feb 16, 2004
I believe can la..... some hickups here and there... but it'll be ready soon.... :P

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
i think someone ought to find and bring down that 120y from sabah la. SR20DET with full drag spec... only got 2 gear... 1 and 2.... hehe...

:D

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
yeah,that sunny 120y with m/t tyres and 2 speed automatic gearbox from sabah. most ppl ignore fast cars from here..no need to mention lah.afterward ppl said only talk2..then dare if fast bring to sepang lah...

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
20vTurbo

i will try and pursuade the owner. we might need some sponsors to bring the car over to Sepang though... probably some workshops to store it and tune it.

dude.. the car... dunno la... i think 8 secs is possible.. very angry car... hehe... only those who've seen the car and heard how the engine screams passed 7000rpm, knows that it's not something u wanna play with everyday. ;)

btw, from my knowledge, the car cost the owner RM1200... but the modifications runs as high as RM90k. hehe :blink:

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
but yet,u only see that car in the darkness of night,at lintas highway...people ignore lot's of good tuner..example,stanley chin from a.r. autotech.people was busy and confirm that jun gtr will sapu all,but yet,a small old model mirage colt with alcohol can do nearly 10 second...lot's of low profile people around malaysia.give them chance,exposure...i believe we can...

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
8 sec car? easy. We here in Malaysia got so many wrecked, trashed, unwanted old light-weight cars like Datsun and et cetera, but problem is, we need halfcut shop to start shipping in as many later generation rotor engines possible, then we can start putting our hands on plonking in rotary engine into these light cars and working with big turbo.

The rest of the mods, everyone knows the answer, slicks la, dog box, bla bla bla.

The majority 8sec cars in Australia are done by these old light cars with newer series 13B engines. Its simply, putting in the most powerful engine into the lightest chassis. Dont just work on powerful engines with the newer heavier chassis cars.

djp0is0n

Feb 16, 2004
Originally posted by edgar_raphael@Jan 4 2005, 10:46
8 sec car? easy. We here in Malaysia got so many wrecked, trashed, unwanted old light-weight cars like Datsun and et cetera, but problem is, we need halfcut shop to start shipping in as many later generation rotor engines possible, then we can start putting our hands on plonking in rotary engine into these light cars and working with big turbo.

The rest of the mods, everyone knows the answer, slicks la, dog box, bla bla bla.

The majority 8sec cars in Australia are done by these old light cars with newer series 13B engines. Its simply, putting in the most powerful engine into the lightest chassis. Dont just work on powerful engines with the newer heavier chassis cars.
dude :P
we aldi have one in the works...... still some technical fine tuning to be done and I should think you'll see it more often in this year's drag series.

Oh ya fellas......Instead of ketukking our local drag scene and praising oversea legs, give thanks that there are still sponsors willing to bear the HIGH costs of running these events let alone a car.. lol

To be at PAR with those kinda drag monsters whos times are low 6s, 7s overseas you must have a thick (and I mean thick) wallet la.... summore local sponsors not very interested *sigh* :(

Sometimes I wonder.... They can put an ass that has never won an F3 title to F1 class and that moron couldn't even qualify but then they won't sponsor the duo who won the Asian Rally Title God knows how many times over & over again..... So sad la... cheh.... :angry:

kelisa187

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
Visit site
yeah..karamjit rules....
heard him retired oledi.y ahh?

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
same old issue:

Money Rules.
Mod = Money, No Money = No Power. No Power = No 9sec. No good driver = No 8 sec.

Basis still goes to RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

just wanna know if anyone has this system installed in their car. from what I heard, it's quite good.
any opinions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience