Quality of Malaysian Cars

mick87

Apr 19, 2009
haiz..just went to workshop tis evening, was told tat the the shock absorber on left front is leaking, need replacement, but hw cum only 1 absorber? absorber mounting rosak, need replacement for both front, steering bush need replacement becos lose d..so sad, my car only 3 yrs old, hw could it possibly need all those replacement so early? atleast 5 yrs gua..My ride is Myvi. Any 1 having the same prob?

boyzone

Mar 13, 2005
No experiance in Myvi.
But my wife Kelisa is good after been used for 6 years.
This could be ur part quality fall at lower side of the control.

mick87

Apr 19, 2009
yeap..nowdays the car parts quality really really bad,especially local cars, for the myvi, a few months old will hv the front disc brake prob due to the quality of the rotor causing the vibrations on the steering.

BLANk

Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
mick87:
i think not only applies to local cars...most cars that running also having the same problem...nowadays the quality of the original & genuine parts are low...happen on me few times alrdy...sigh,bad luck kot~~~

LuKa

Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
you cant only count years... mileage also plays a factor... a 20,000km mileage car used for 3 years and a 200,000km car used in 1 year is different... cars will have wear n tear n they detiororate over times... n local cars tends to have inferior quality n technology over other makes... for proton n perodua.. usally after 2 years.. or bout 40,000km -60,000km mileage.. problems willl start to come.. but thats how it works.. cheap car r cheaper to maintain... some ppl cannot bear with this.. so they buy expensive German car.. it will last you 7-8 years with out problems, merz got better endurance of abuse... but once ur auto bavaria or merz starts giving problem... it would be expensive to fix... thats how it works.. expensive stuff makes long mileage....

chocolatesttarfish

May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
yeap..nowdays the car parts quality really really bad,especially local cars, for the myvi, a few months old will hv the front disc brake prob due to the quality of the rotor causing the vibrations on the steering.
yeah a renown prob for MyV product..disc brakes..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
also due to the parts QC, contributing factors would be the mileage and age and potholes

mick87
if u have regular service with perodua, go ask for warranty.
although wear & tear not included in warranty but on exception, few months old with very low mileage can appeal as its obviously quality issue.....goodluck...

mick87

Apr 19, 2009
you cant only count years... mileage also plays a factor... a 20,000km mileage car used for 3 years and a 200,000km car used in 1 year is different... cars will have wear n tear n they detiororate over times... n local cars tends to have inferior quality n technology over other makes... for proton n perodua.. usally after 2 years.. or bout 40,000km -60,000km mileage.. problems willl start to come.. but thats how it works.. cheap car r cheaper to maintain... some ppl cannot bear with this.. so they buy expensive German car.. it will last you 7-8 years with out problems, merz got better endurance of abuse... but once ur auto bavaria or merz starts giving problem... it would be expensive to fix... thats how it works.. expensive stuff makes long mileage....
yeap..agree wif u..either local car for 3 yrs witout prob,or conti 7 yrs witout prob.,but driving style play a major role too..

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

mick87
if u have regular service with perodua, go ask for warranty.
although wear & tear not included in warranty but on exception, few months old with very low mileage can appeal as its obviously quality issue.....goodluck...
too bad..mine ngam ngam 3yrs d..wif 50k milleage,tats y is 3yrs warranty. after 3yrs everything will start to happen.:banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

yeah a renown prob for MyV product..disc brakes..
yalo, change d..few months later cum bak same prob again.sigh. summore jdm disc brake (change to jdm last few months)

chocolatesttarfish

May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
what i don't understand is how they keep on doing this mistake even though thousands of customers already gave feedback & comments..

or perhaps they did it with purpose so when the warranty finish, people will come back looking for them..

LuKa

Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
usually car makers will improve on their next batch or facelifted model n enhancement... what damage have been done.. they just cross fingers the consumer doesnt realize or delaying it until warranty period ends or find other excuses...

mick87

Apr 19, 2009
haha..yalo,i also paiseh go claim warranty for my rotor d,cos i already claimed twice..

mick87

Apr 19, 2009
wa..must really thick skin abit leh..,mayb tis 1 week will go n claim again..1 more new set.Pity those fella who do business,evry time claim claim.dunno if i go kedai potong n get those 100% japan 1 will help onot.mayb can last longer

Warning: Rasta Car Wash At Taman Tun Dr Ismail.

My advice kepada semua,

Today 28/3/16 saya hantar cuci kereta saya di rasta ttdi. Mereka basuh kereta menggunakan soap powder dan some red chemical untuk basuh body kereta and those banglas are too lazy. Rim lansung tak bersih dan masa mereka vacuum carpet pun mereka tak keluarkan.

So sesiapa yang sayang kereta jangan hantar kat rasta TTDI. Kalau sesiapa yang tak percaya cakap saya you boleh cuba sendiri hantar kat rasta ttdi.