Can B16A mod up to 200hp on wheel?

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Most of the MSS Super Sixteen built eks and egs are built to be 200 horses and above. Just look at their lap times and compare with super saloon cars lap timing. Some front running ones can't easily catch up with the super saloon dc5s/ ep3s. The fastest B18c Dc2r of Team Type R could set a fastest lap of 2'27s on full track of SIC.
So it only boils down to how many $$$ u are willing to invest on the engine. The B series engine had proven itself on and off track. Mind u parts for the b series engine is still not cheap after all these years.

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
To add on, still have the reliability issue to consider. There was once where I was in this workshop where they were preparing to load the track car, all the problems that arise last minute. Beyond speechless. To achieve that high whp, you have to sacrifice a lot in terms of the daily driven aspect.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
I think to have such a heavily modded car, you wont be using the car on the road much. Driveability is already not an issue. With heavy clutches, full lock lsds, semi slick tyres and very stiff suspension setups, loud exhaust systems, the car would most probably be parked in the garage at home waiting for track days or spirited drives once in a while. Coupled with the amounts of cash you have spent on the car and the current high theft rates, Im very sure you will be leaving your car at home just like me.

Last edited:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
just buy a EK which someone already built... save times...save trouble

so many people selling their well built and taking care EK with > 200hps at wheel

EG also got ... cheaper than EK lagi...

Bro... building is fun... but i got no passion of that.... i just want Vtec under my foot...IMMEDIATELY...

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

call up a seller which selling their dyno proved 200hps EG or EK and ask for test drive
then you wont sleep.. wont eat .. wont stopped looking at phone wanna call seller ..
missing the test drive when you see other honda ..
getting thinner and thinner.. dreaming of Vtec.. hallucinating Vtec sound..

Until you buy one.... get really...

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

get ready...wops

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
for a 1600 to have 200WHP is hard and a lot of job .
possibly not suitable for daily driving as well, and also, can the engine block sustain that much power ?

iinm, the B series engine prone to overheating .

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i know of 2 different EG Hatchbacks about 10 years ago with about 200hp at the wheels with their N/A B16A engines...BOTH are daily driven.... obviously both EGs spent up to the region of 5 digits for their mods.

one of them even makes SG-KL-SG trips every now n then with that car. while the other used to frequent track days with that engine and also drags at night...

so if 10 years ago, 200hp B16As can be done well and reliably....y not now? especially since theres alot more options to parts that can even make more power at an even cheaper price.

as for overheating... both cars never had overheating issues... and the only time my B series overheated was when radiator hose pecah.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the thing with these dyno numbers is sometimes its elevated....but maybe near those figures can la...i got a friend who has a b16a. some of the mods:

toda c,84mm bore,block guard,high comp pistons,tye r oil pump,vafc,and a lot of other supporting mod..daily driver,only car. no aircon, no power steering. travels up down to kl. no issues. not lightened. inside got full seats, dashboard panels etc..

he made about 210+-whp on a dyno here, but i think if on dyno dynamics maybe 190++...dono la...whatever it is, his car was eating b20 and modded 18c like nobodies business....his car is a monster... seriously... its been a year now...car still running strong.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

ya la ...what rumour is this ah about b series overheating always???????? serously wei...mine NEVER overheated ever...in track, on the road, on genting, with oem radiator or with aluminum...same only.... drove from jb to penang straight....once....and when sold, new owner collected car from j.b and drove to penang straight never ever overheat... haihs... vtec's is simply a beautiful engine...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I dont think B-series has heating issues. I only experienced it when one of the radiator hose was leaking. I mean of course when you open up the hood after driving and stand in front of it, its hot. As compared to my kancil and A16A1, of course the b-series is "hotter". lol.. i think thats normal and i dont think thats an issue here.

b16 to reach 200whp can be done. I dont know if u guys agree with what one of a mechanic told me. he said that dyno figures can be changed. he said if i want 250whp, he can say give me those figures without actually modding the car. i dont agree though. maybe he can manipulate it but still... i dont know.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu,

im decide to put lower arm evo3 (alloy) n anti roll bar evo3 to my Wira. usually Wira 1.5 never tied the ARB on the absorber. so now im running on GAB SS series. so can i put the lower arm evo3 n ARB evo3 that can stick on the absorber. Any advice? does it improve corner n handling?

Advice, advice n advice needed:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience