I Wanna Learn More About : How To Properly Mod your B16A

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Since I'm still very new in cars, VTEC and tok kok training ( a must for every performance - oriented Honda owner.. ) therefore I would like to have everyone ( tok kok kings, noobie, sifus and everyone in between ) to help / teach me learn more about the black art of learning on how to mod your B16A's.

What must be done 1st? Intake wise? Or exhaust wise? Or inside - engine wise? Since now I have a muffler and middle pipe in hand, most probably I'll go with a custom 4-2-1 extractor as my 1st tune ( not really the first tune for my B16A, since it's been PnP'ed ) I've also changed my faulty distributor with B18C's ( purchased at SS Racing ) Next phase : CF fat tube intake and washable air filter. Other in line :

- Plugs and plug cables
- Valves, dual valve springs and Ti retainers
- 4.7 final gear
- Camshafts and adjustable campulley
- LSD
- Intake manifold & throttle body
- shorter range gearbox ( maybe go with 3, 4 and 5th only, ATS perhaps? )
- Pistons and rods
- Others ( I couldn't think of any, please add. Also type, specs or brands )

This would be a long term project of mine, probably about 1 1 /2 years or so from now.

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
turbo the bugger.. :) even lpt would make great HP and torque... depends on your goals la.. what do u want to achieve?

Come we do turbo together gether..save money for 1 1/2 years.. then we both plug it in... syiok...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
kainenai ch!ba! lu hattech-v..always tok kok in my posts! ekekeke..

donchichi bro, did thought about turbocharging..but the risks involved ( not forgetting durability ) in other words, takpelah, lain kali ajer lah ye...

i'll be keeping the car in NA..yes, the costs is a wee bit high compared to SC or TB'ed the car. but I keep durability for long distance runs ( as long as the engine in good shape lah ) and I can tune the car bit by bit..more fun what? put cams : wah, now got engine song oledi...put valves and Ti retainers : dun need to worry about 9000 rpms no more..put high - comp pistons and stronger rods : more pumping power means more BHP! etc etc etc lah...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
hattech-v : wei..lu a..one kind fella..real hantu one la you...i still ain't got my ride, not done yet..u come and drive me loh...TT and some fuel on me loh..i ain't got lots of cash, just do it slowly lah..maybe the 1st three months : valves and Ti retainers, the next 3 months : cams etc..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...can anyone tell me how to diy dismantle wira dash and install mitsu dashboard??? how many screws??? where?? n one other thing...can we use oem blower with mitsu dashboard???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience