Campro Waja or Gen2?

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Hi to all the Proton owners. Just would like to know which one is more value for money, the new Campro Waja or Gen2? What are the known issues/pros and cons in these two cars? Since I have never owned a Proton car before and there are actually lots of negative comments on these two cars, hopefully able to get some helps from owners of these two cars.

Thanks. :shades_smile:

Last edited:

insomniac

Known Member
May 25, 2006
I would say the Waja Campro would be a better deal.

Space wise it looks more spacious than the Gen2. Any quirks with the design of the Waja should have been worked out by now.

The interior of the Waja Campro also looks much nicer if compared to the Gen2 or the previous Waja models. Looks more classy IMO.

Another quirk which i didn't like when testing the Gen2 was how uncomfortable i felt when sitting in the back seat. Felt like going to hit my head on the roof.

Anyway these are just my opinions of these 2 cars.

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Thanks for your input, mate. How about the suspension stuff and handling? :regular_smile:

insomniac

Known Member
May 25, 2006
the waja's ride is not too bad. Used to drive a 1st gen waja.

however the downside i had with my waja was that with an automatic gearbox it wasn't much of a performer. got overtaken by every other car going up genting. even a kancil overtook me, only car i managed to overtake was another waja.

a manual might be better in respect to the transmission. don't really know if proton has done anything to improve the gear changes with the auto.

Can tell you much about the Gen2's ride as i have never really taken the car faster than normal. With normal driving it feel comfortable, abit on the soft side. but other than that don't really know much on hw it handles.

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Was thinking of getting a Campro Waja before but after had a chat with some friends who is driving Gen2, might get a Gen2 then.

Rented a Gen2 few days ago and had a 300km drive in a mountain winding road over here in Sabah (to my wife's hometown), the handling is very impressive. Since I will have to travel there every weekend, so a car with good handling, comfort, and good braking system will be the main concern... :regular_smile:

Anyway, thanks for your input, mate. really appreciate it. :shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what would be your choice?an original but used and old bucket seat, or brand new thailand or taiwan made replica bucket seat. will the used original seat be good after refurbished, or straight away use brand new ones, but not original. please give comments, thanks!!!:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience