Campro 1.3 upgrade to Campro 1.6

lamboqs

Feb 4, 2009
www.protonclub.com
i'd been told by my friend many months ago about this.. he said to me, to upgrade my 1.3 S4PE to 1.6 S4PH using 1.6 Campro parts, reasoning that got more power without changing to other engine.. cost around 3 - 3.5k.. erm, can't remember what parts are included, but wanna ask you guys.. is it worth for money? or CK4A Mivec is better?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
u can buy a mivec ck4a for 3.5k??.... if yes not worth it to stroke ur campro lo...

parts u need are:
- crankshaft
- throttle body

lamboqs

Feb 4, 2009
www.protonclub.com
err.. can get that for 3.5k ah? i think that Mivec half-cut price is higher then..

erm, 'bout the parts.. it can plug & play, or need some mod to Campro 1.3 engine block?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
conrods, injectors and/or some sort of management, not necessary? :hmmmm:
conrods and management not necessary... u probably need the 1.6 injectors as well... ur ecu will sort it out for u... dont worry... this is the benefit of using self-learning ecu...

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
SkYwAlKeR

Interesting discovery i made while flipping through the parts catalog today at proton...

I noticed that the injectors and throttle body for the S4PH & S4PE have the same part number; which basically tells me that they are the same part. (under application, it says ALL)

Which brings me to...

you mention that the TB is required, whats the difference between the two? I would imagine that they may differ in size, but then again I haven't had the chance to compare both side by side.

your knowledge on this is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I just converted my Saga BLM IAFM from campro 1.3 to 1.6 which is amounting rm3k. They just change the conrod, crankshaft and piston (i'm using 1.6 piston (low com) instead of 1.3 (high com). Upgraded by Azlansa (u can Google it and he also selling Campro parts) Campro NA mod team. I didn't replace the injector or TB. the engine is running well, more responsive,pick up but then need some more powerful spark plug like Bosch Iridium for extra power. Advisable u should install fuel regulator as well. This is based on my experience. Sorry if it is not a fact.

Euphoria

Known Member
Nov 29, 2008
I though only need to change the piston?

Not sure about it but I think the conrod and crankshaft is the same part number?

Any otai to correct me?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
I though only need to change the piston?

Not sure about it but I think the conrod and crankshaft is the same part number?

Any otai to correct me?
crank for sure different, conrod i dunno

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
stroke different..for sure need to change crankshaft and conrod...

bore is the same..aidil_hafiz stated that the 1.3 is high compression...if that so, need to change also..
wonder how if use this piston in 1.6...lol

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
stroke different..for sure need to change crankshaft and conrod...

bore is the same..aidil_hafiz stated that the 1.3 is high compression...if that so, need to change also..
wonder how if use this piston in 1.6...lol
yes..stroke diferent..so crankshaft and conrod have to change...if piston 1.3 high compression why dont this piston in 1.6 stroker kit as the bore is still the same?pston size also same right?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
yes..stroke diferent..so crankshaft and conrod have to change...if piston 1.3 high compression why dont this piston in 1.6 stroker kit as the bore is still the same?pston size also same right?
Not everybody wants to deal with the trouble of running a high-comp engine.

tanchong

Known Member
May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro. it take how many days to convert ? need to endorse jpj ? mine is gen2 1.3. doeas it worth to convert ? thanks

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
hi bro. it take how many days to convert ? need to endorse jpj ? mine is gen2 1.3. doeas it worth to convert ? thanks
depends on ur mech..no need to endorse bcause still using the original block..for me its worth it when i feel my friend gen2..1.3 to 1.6..n he's using hi comp piston 1.3(77cm n original proton)..but need to rebore the block..auto tau!can spin!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am looking for shops that sell dashboard skins and interior accessories located in KL & Selangor only.
Preferably sell and service shop.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience