BUYING EVO VI..need help/advice

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
Well this is gonna be tough...dono if i can work out my budget to go for 90k car...down payment i can fork out 10-11k...but .. but if i calculate the monthly instalments based on my budget...a car which has a 70k value...i still can afford...*sigh*..Do you guys have any contacts? Evo VI for 70k ? :D just trying my luck ... looks like ill have to wait for a miracle..if my freaking company just increases my pay...

silver_lancelot

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Me also wait for miracle to happen after this CNY. Until now not yet find Lancer MX. I do plan to buy evo but because it high maintainence and me a bit low budget i move to MX. So gud luck bro on your search. Btw if you know anybody want to sell their MX please inform me ok..ahaks.....Bumps!!!

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
My two cents on buying evo with budget...Beli dulu, lain cerita nanti boleh bincang...lolz...Sudah duduk apa kereta pun tak mau lagi. Wira also can sell...hehehe..

I too had a tight budget when I first bought my car. But now, wah..mod here, beli ini, beli itu..Knn perempuan tengok I mod kereta tak ada duit tengok wayang, makan all also lari...my car now my wife, girlfriend, mistress...ahhahaha...

So your choice bro...
Good one chris, I agree wit u.:biggrin:
wira lover, dun worry so much on the maintenance things, I can truly understand what u feel right now. If u hv tight budget don't change evrything 1 shot..whatever can be replace later...u do later on.. hv to look a good one first.

cHeMiCaL_

Known Member
Feb 11, 2005
That's certainly an advice, but i'm not sure it's a practical one.

bro.. to prioritize is important, never neglect your life and people around you just because you love evos (hmm... loads of people tend to do this including myslelf! lol..)

save some money and buy only when you're sure more important stuffs are well handled (e.g marriage, owning house, kids, etc). Don't end-up being typical 'bank-loan' slave. Put a milestone of achievement and work your way up to owning an evo.

I know it's hard to buy expensive car using own money (especially when we don't have rich dads or silos of inheritance). I've been there bro. The trick is never compare yourself to those lucky 'silver spoons' and buy at our own pace.

my 2 cents.

wonderkid

500 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
Labuan & Sabah
I agree with Chemical advice.

Me oso planning to buy an evo few years ago, but have to hold on first due to family commitment.. so at that time just afford to buy lancer GLX. Now I have some budget and planning to get an Evo V or VI (want to get evo 6.5 TME, but not enough budget).

So better plan your budget carefully and save some money before you get an evo.

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Yo bro wira lover..

I think i also know ur feeling about this budget thing & also how affordable we can be to own a car...If u think ur budget is too tight, go for lancer and do like Mr Azizi told...mods slow but steady..

But if u thing u wanna spend one time of ur money, then better get stock evo..

For me, both Lancer & Evo are great car..No matter what model it is..

KryPToN

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2005
Selangor
erm.. RM60k-RM70k i think can get a decent evoIV. but like chem said... maybe have to go cash. banks don really allow loans for 10yrs old cars.. slowly man.. live to fight another day. mana tau next year ur finances better can get a younger car like E7 or E8?

Ultimately only u know ur own wallet. buying one is 1 big step. maintaining one another big step. better plan real carefully. takut if cant pay the bank loan then kereta kena tarik lagi susah.

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
That's certainly an advice, but i'm not sure it's a practical one.

bro.. to prioritize is important, never neglect your life and people around you just because you love evos (hmm... loads of people tend to do this including myslelf! lol..)

save some money and buy only when you're sure more important stuffs are well handled (e.g marriage, owning house, kids, etc). Don't end-up being typical 'bank-loan' slave. Put a milestone of achievement and work your way up to owning an evo.

I know it's hard to buy expensive car using own money (especially when we don't have rich dads or silos of inheritance). I've been there bro. The trick is never compare yourself to those lucky 'silver spoons' and buy at our own pace.

my 2 cents.
Chemical,thank you for your kind words of encouragement...Every1 else i would like to say thank you for your time and replies....really appreciate it..In my current situation,i would say i can afford a car worth 70k...and maintaining it...i will be able to put a side about 1k every month for the FIRST FEW MONTHS..Maybe i should be looking at alternatives? Any ideas? After my fren's accident..i really lost my appetite to mod my wira...i had big plans for it..now..i rather just keep it at 1.5..don wanna push my limits in tht car..

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
anyone know the current price for evo 5,6 and 6.5? Planning to get one soon. :) thanks in advance.

SatriaCKC

Known Member
Mar 27, 2006
wow... this is just the thread i needed. Reading all the advice from the masters are really helpful. I think me and wiralover is sharing the same situation. But mine is , I have already booked and about to pay for my Evo4. This is the part i seriously need help. I just notice one problem on the car , i just need to know if it is serious or not.. The radiator dries out. What could the problem be ? The owner says he knows and say will fix that before i get the car.. how serious can this condition be ? Another issue is , when the car is idling , there is some smoke from the exhaust but when i rev it slightly higher or floor the pedal , theres no smoke?

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Signs of leak bro.

1st is the car radiator is leaking. How does the seller plan to fix? by isolating some banks of the radiator? Then your engine cooling is reduced.

What colour is the smoke? White?

SatriaCKC

Known Member
Mar 27, 2006
um.. whitish but it vapourize quite fast..

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Whitish then probably is an oil seal leak, bro ..

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
Wira Lover,

Try to read the sticky thread from MLOC Presiden. Buying an lancer evo. Lot useful information there. :biggrin:

Budget at least 5k for initial maintenance for the car then can enjoy driving.

Regards.

options

Known Member
Dec 3, 2006
If it is not between the life and death situations, go for what u aim for. But check for the proper condition of the car will save u some un-neccessary ... $$ loss.
We have frens here after drive evo and getting a ferrari .. who knows.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There were plenty of enthusiasts who scoffed when Nissan's engineers started dragging a 911 Turbo around with them while testing the 2009 GT-R. It seemed like a lofty benchmark for a car that's expected to cost around $75,000, but the latest word from Germany suggests Nissan may have met its goals.

Prototypes of the 2009 GT-R started circling the Nurburgring yesterday, and according to spy shooters on the scene it was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience