Bushings

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
Rotarians !!!

as you know.... our car are like grandfather age in automobile history.... and our car seemed to have significant wear... and as you all know... those funny sounds when you drove pass by pot holes.. or uneven roads.... yes.. it's our bushings that gone bad....

today... with a big bill on my repair at ah choy's.... my car is like totally a new car's feel... it feels so solid.. it feels so calm.. and quiet....i changed ALL my damaged bushings....

i have a question... some went to change those PU super pro bushings.... while i changed back those original spec Spherical bearings...

i would like to know for those who changed to PU suprepro bushings.... are they bearing type ? or just PU with metal in the center ?... no bearing ?

bcoz mine are all bearings.... it cost hefty 250 to 300 EACH....
let me know if you've changed it...

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
fuiyo...how much the total cost? RM5-6k? Did you change all 18pcs?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
i changed only 5 biji....
and some of them i replace the whole arm instead of changing it...
and there's 2 small linkage infront i'm changing the whole link...
total bill came out... 2K..

so.. anyone know anything about super pro ?
just putting information here so that everyone knows what to change... if super pro is better or use back the mazda ones are better.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
when i look at super pro's websites on the parts... they really look like just a metal over some PU plastics.... doesn't look like bearing type.. it might be hard.. but it is not direct like those bearing type...

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
super pro might be harder on the road but i guess it might last longer. As it is meant to be heavy duty. I might be wrong,as i nvr have any experience but its just my guess.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
but then bearing type is metal to metal... supposingly even harder ....
that's why i'm wondering what is the construction type of Super Pro bushings...bearing type of just PU sleeve type...

cwcham

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
good thread, mate! i just came back from ah choy's and might be changing my bushings as well. am thinking of using the original spec bearings. am doing some research about bushings too.

so it really made alot of difference to your car by changing 5 biji and one whole arm?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it is best to change out all if the wallet allows. Its night and day difference. I bought my set off the group buy. Dupont Delrin material. It was a complete set plus then the smaller bits here and there from Ray Malloy.

Super pro's local distributor was horrible then when i called to inquire. So i went with Delrin. From what i've gathered, superpro bushings are musch stiffer than stock. Its great for handling but like all aftermarket parts it somewhat sacrifices ride quality.

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
Nah,no ones care for ride quality.Go for the stiffer one and slam the corner harder. You want comfort you are in the wrong forum.But nothing too nasty.:driver:But as dev said if the local distributor is horrible get it from someone else. Dunno why just cant stand those BS Malaysia customer service attitude.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
seriously.... it made hell alot of difference..... the car totally don't have any rocking sound anymore.. except interiors cracking sound and body roll sound...
that's how much difference is those babies are doing in my car...
btw, changing those damaged arms... my steering response improve by alot.

btw, like my question again..i'm not sure how do they actually construct on the bushes... what i can see in my car is that they were all bearings... not rubbers...
if they are PU wrapping over metal pieces... then i believe metal wrapping metal is harder :) the spherical bearing type....the rubber you see in the linkages they are just like a dust cover to protect the bearing from being invade by dust and sand that will increase the wear of the bearings.

i'll post some photos in awhile to show what do i mean by metal wrapping metal or spherical bearing.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
dev... you bought those... i almost decided to purchase them... but i didn't....

these are the ones that's in my car running at the moment... spherical bearings...
normally these are being covered with rubber to avoid sand and dust going in...
these stuff cost ALOT....

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
dev... you bought those... i almost decided to purchase them... but i didn't....

these are the ones that's in my car running at the moment... spherical bearings...
normally these are being covered with rubber to avoid sand and dust going in...
these stuff cost ALOT....

what are those? i also have the balance in oem. what make are they?

Last edited:

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
let's see...
these are actually being pushed out from my worn suspension linkages. i changed 5 of those both sides... from the upper arm diagram, they are number 1 and 5

as for the lower arm, i changed number 5 as well...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If first impressions weighed in more than a blonde’s opinion on the gross national product of a third world nation, the Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI would certainly leave more than just a lasting impression in your gleaming eyes.

Next to the Golf that it’s based on, it looks a whole lot better, like Megan Fox next to Ashlee Simpson, attractive nonetheless but just not quite up to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience