Burned rubber smell

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Has anyone experience it before? As I'm experiencing it myself currently on my myvi 1.5 auto tranny.

After a couple of hard rev's with my windows slightly down, I could smell the burn rubber smell

coming in. Stop the car aside, pop the hood and found nothing was wrong as the smell is coming

from the engine bay tho. Any suggestions? :confused: :hmmmm:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
There might be a possibility its your tyres that are new giving that smell...

But pls dont take my word for it...

Just drive and when the smell comes stop at the nearest petrol kiosk and put your nose near the wheel to smell if its the same...:smokin:

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sure. Bring it to the workshop for inspection
There might be a possibility its your tyres that are new giving that smell...

But pls dont take my word for it...

Just drive and when the smell comes stop at the nearest petrol kiosk and put your nose near the wheel to smell if its the same...:smokin:
Nyantong, yeap would definitely ask the sc on my next OCI.

Lesly, thanks for the info will check it out if the smell arises again. Only happen during hard rev tho.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Might be burned engine oil smell..
I drive few car also have smell when drive it hard.
I think not a problem but check ur engine oil, or anything that is visible around the engine bay that is burned

Last edited:

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Might be burned engine oil smell..
I drive few car also have smell when drive it hard.
I think not a problem but check ur engine oil, or anything that is visible around the engine bay that is burned
Hmm, how do i know if the engine oil is burned? I tried checking around all the cables and fuses but everything seems to be fine.

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
u won't notice because only little amount of oil burned.
I think suppose to be relate to oil catch can.
Okay here's the thing, I just double check and my engine oil is at the proper level, timing belt not slipping and the auto transmission fluid is still pinkish and no burn smell. Weirddd! guess I'm just gonna ask the sc.

Last edited:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Okay here's the thing, I just double check and my engine oil is at the proper level, timing belt not slipping and the auto transmission fluid is still pinkish and no burn smell. Weirddd! guess I'm just gonna ask the sc.
u got my meaning wrong:banghead:, i mean small amount of engine oil circulate through ur throttle body and intake manifold when u drive it hard.
The more i write , the more confuse u are.:listen:

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Check ur brakes
Yeap, that I'll pass on to the sc to check it.

u got my meaning wrong:banghead:, i mean small amount of engine oil circulate through ur throttle body and intake manifold when u drive it hard.
The more i write , the more confuse u are.:listen:
Lol I was just double checking on the engine bay only. And I get what you meant :)

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Has anyone experience it before? As I'm experiencing it myself currently on my myvi 1.5 auto tranny.

After a couple of hard rev's with my windows slightly down, I could smell the burn rubber smell

coming in. Stop the car aside, pop the hood and found nothing was wrong as the smell is coming

from the engine bay tho. Any suggestions? :confused: :hmmmm:
maybe your pad brake burning?some engine oil can cause burning smell when u high revving..i think there's no problem la....many new cars when high revving can cause that smell bro....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There’s a glint of sun shine followed by a gentle breeze billowing through the curtains into my room. A whiff of sea breeze. I open my eyes and watch the ceiling fan slowly spinning. There are many reasons to smile especially since I’m here in Langkawi, thanks to Volkswagen Group Malaysia (VGM) who have flown us here for the launch of the 1.6 Polo Sedan. It...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience