4G15 rubber screeching sound from engine

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Last week, my car's aircond could not work even when I turned it on. There is the sound from the aircond but no air is blowing out. After around like an hour, i started the car again and the aircond worked.

The next day when I was driving the car, I revved the car until 5000rpm and exactly when it reaches 5000rpm, a loud rubber screeching sound is coming out from the engine. I tried doing it for 2 or 3 times and the same thing happens. Later when I stopped my car, I rev the engine again to 5000rpm and the sound is still there. But when I off the aircond and rev it again, the sound is gone.

What could be the problem? And is it important to get it fixed as soon as possible? I've not been driving the car since that day until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
air-cond compressor belting loose already..try to readjust it back..or maybe belting need to change depend on the belting condition

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Last week, my car's aircond could not work even when I turned it on. There is the sound from the aircond but no air is blowing out. After around like an hour, i started the car again and the aircond worked.

The next day when I was driving the car, I revved the car until 5000rpm and exactly when it reaches 5000rpm, a loud rubber screeching sound is coming out from the engine. I tried doing it for 2 or 3 times and the same thing happens. Later when I stopped my car, I rev the engine again to 5000rpm and the sound is still there. But when I off the aircond and rev it again, the sound is gone.

What could be the problem? And is it important to get it fixed as soon as possible? I've not been driving the car since that day until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Put some water there then no more screeching sound. Can determine which belt dy.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's not expensive nor difficult to change the belts. Check the condition of the belts and consider changing them if bad condition.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll try and get it checked soon. I'll post again if the problem is rectified.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Sound like air con belt since off air con no more sound. Funny thing is only at 5k rpm means it is tight but not enough but at the same time check the pulley bearing and maybe the sir con compressor too as probably a lot of resistance when reach 5k rpm.
Anyway, when I want to rev to 5 or 6 k rpm I usually off my air con compressor. One, I get more power, and two I do not over rpm my compressor.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sound like air con belt since off air con no more sound. Funny thing is only at 5k rpm means it is tight but not enough but at the same time check the pulley bearing and maybe the sir con compressor too as probably a lot of resistance when reach 5k rpm.
Anyway, when I want to rev to 5 or 6 k rpm I usually off my air con compressor. One, I get more power, and two I do not over rpm my compressor.....:biggrin:
could be the aircond belt no grip edi. try changing that 1st.
That problem somehow gone already. Now I rev to 5k again also don't have any sound. Family now telling me that now no problem already, just leave it like it is.

I'll take VR2's advice. Off aircond if want to go till 5k rpm. But I don't do that continuously. I usually pull during 1st gear or 2nd gear and shift up to 3rd and 4th without pulling anymore. I just like the g force effect during 1st and 2nd gear pull. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That problem somehow gone already. Now I rev to 5k again also don't have any sound. Family now telling me that now no problem already, just leave it like it is.

I'll take VR2's advice. Off aircond if want to go till 5k rpm. But I don't do that continuously. I usually pull during 1st gear or 2nd gear and shift up to 3rd and 4th without pulling anymore. I just like the g force effect during 1st and 2nd gear pull. :biggrin:
It is because your engine got no oomph. So off air con will give you some....hahahahhaha:biggrin:
Need to mod liao.......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It is because your engine got no oomph. So off air con will give you some....hahahahhaha:biggrin:
Need to mod liao.......:driver:
Wait until I know the right shop to do it. If combination of 4-2-1 and that mid bullet exhaust thing, is it okay? Budget of around 600 can do?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Finish your studies first, leh!......You got time to do later on.....:driver:
You brought up the part about need to mod liao. :biggrin:

Finish study that time will probably look at other budget NA cars to consider. This Wira probably will just keep it stock or slightly modded and use as daily car. Cannot use a heavily modded car for daily driving, if not the petrol bill will be... :banghead:

Let us all hope that our dear JPJ won't come out with more regulations before I finish my studies. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You brought up the part about need to mod liao. :biggrin:

Finish study that time will probably look at other budget NA cars to consider. This Wira probably will just keep it stock or slightly modded and use as daily car. Cannot use a heavily modded car for daily driving, if not the petrol bill will be... :banghead:

Let us all hope that our dear JPJ won't come out with more regulations before I finish my studies. :biggrin:
Because you keep stepping 5 to 6k rpm.....hahhahhahahha:biggrin:

Oh! if implement again 15 or 20 years car....habis......:banghead::banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Because you keep stepping 5 to 6k rpm.....hahhahhahahha:biggrin:

Oh! if implement again 15 or 20 years car....habis......:banghead::banghead:
Usually I reach till 5000 plus I shift up. Rarely will hit 6000. Never dared to go 6500 at redline. Scared the whole thing breaks.

15-20 years car thing I don't want also. I was thinking of driving my car till old or something. :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Red Bull Rookies racing team is on the hunt for a new line-up this year and the energy drink outfit has not only expanded the search to an additional neighbouring country, it has also opened up a new avenue for the search by adding a program that caters to those under 21 years of age.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience