Burned rubber smell

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
every time i chase a car with this smell.. i knew they are still using the catalytic converter.. most of them with stock exhaust.. the smell only comes when u revved the car hard.. that is normal for nowadays car bro.. the catalytic converter burned excessive build up that goes through them..
Hopefully it is the catalytic converter that causes the smell hmm.

tyre burnt la hard rev=spinn tyre sure got burnt rubber smell :driver:
But my engine is too weak to engage wheelspin lol!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Check areas around the exhaust header, anything like cables, rubber close by being burnt?

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Check areas around the exhaust header, anything like cables, rubber close by being burnt?
Checked and definitely there's nothing burned around the exhaust header as there is still got the original heatshield over there ahah.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's anything like my Myvi, it's the inner brakepads overheating. I tend to burn those a lot with my heavy braking.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If it's anything like my Myvi, it's the inner brakepads overheating. I tend to burn those a lot with my heavy braking.
But he mention after a couple of hard revs got smell already, like that not brakes woh?.....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But he mention after a couple of hard revs got smell already, like that not brakes woh?.....:hmmmm:
It's a Myvi. If it's stock calipers and rotors, the caliper itself might be stuck with the inner pads or outer ones rubbing the rotor. Has been known to happen since the damn caliper pins are elongated causing uneven brake pad wear.

Been there done that my friend!

Ultimately though, if none of us has access to see / test / drive / investigate the actual car, we're all just grabbing at straws and throwing every idea we can think of.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It's a Myvi. If it's stock calipers and rotors, the caliper itself might be stuck with the inner pads or outer ones rubbing the rotor. Has been known to happen since the damn caliper pins are elongated causing uneven brake pad wear.

Been there done that my friend!

Ultimately though, if none of us has access to see / test / drive / investigate the actual car, we're all just grabbing at straws and throwing every idea we can think of.
Well, that is what you get from the forum mah!...Ha! Ha!:rofl:
All answers have to read and digests then see if anything fits the picture...:rolleyes:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Well, that is what you get from the forum mah!...Ha! Ha!:rofl:
All answers have to read and digests then see if anything fits the picture...:rolleyes:
U sound funny la bro,:rofl:
Check out all his diy, i bet u change ur words and he knows better than typing.
:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Brother, General speaking only, not meant for bro. Izso, I have seen his DIY projects and postings....:adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Chill bro and thanks for your support! vr2turbo taiko is a very experienced auto enthusiast and we respect each other due to the fact that we both are not exactly young even though Vr2turbo taiko is older. So no worries

Brother, General speaking only, not meant for bro. Izso, I have seen his DIY projects and postings....:adore:
Uh.. Thanks I think. Knowing your age now has changed the way I see your replies! Haha!

Eh.. where is the TS? His problem resolved?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Chill bro and thanks for your support! vr2turbo taiko is a very experienced auto enthusiast and we respect each other due to the fact that we both are not exactly young even though Vr2turbo taiko is older. So no worries

Uh.. Thanks I think. Knowing your age now has changed the way I see your replies! Haha!

Eh.. where is the TS? His problem resolved?
Yup, different people have different opinions, but we are here to share our knowledge only, not here to disagree or whatever.
As I mention generally speaking only, for example this topic, read through and see how many replies there is. Are all replies the same? No, so have to read and digest each answer to see if it fits the complaint? That is just what I meant....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone knows a place to re do seat covers? i have a red bucket seat which i want to change to black and blue. how much roughly will it cost?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience