Break Down Tips

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
Hey there..

We all seem to neglect the practise of what to do when your car broke down when u r driving..

So.. if any of you have any experience or tips of what to do if ur car breaks down while ur driving.. plz share some.. If you are fimiliar or experienced of trouble shooting what is the cause.. plz explaine so that most of us can try to get it running to the nearest safe place.. by our selves instead of getting help like, Foreman, TowTruck and etc.. which may be costly..

For me.. my tips is.. BE CAREFUL with passers by who wants to help.. they might help u.. or they might even con and rob you...

So..
-make sure ur hazard lights is on.. if you have the triangle reflector stand, put it at the back lil bit far from ur vehicle to prevent any collision..
-Make sure ur HP batt doesnt kong on you when things like this happen..
-keep numbers of trusted friends or workshop that can help you..
-Keep numbers of your Car's service center if car still under waranty
-If ur on a Highway or expressway, keep their Help numbers also so that u could call them to tow u to a safer place..

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
if im not mistaken, there is a car ronda around the plus highway helping other cars. So if you call the help line i think they wouldnt be able to do much...since the PLUS teams r already on the road..

when u r fixing your car, its better to leave the window open. Just incase the car locks itself up! :rolleyes:

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
good to carry -

torchlight
cloth
water
black tape
double sided tape
strong sealant
pliers
screwdriver
toolkit if u can

good deodorant.. hahaha

:)

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PLUSLINE - +603-2692-0000

They dont charge for anything. Even a tow to the nearest Toll Station.

And they are a great bunch of guys, humble and very helpful.

Regards

Boink Boink

Also if you guys wanna know, Alllianze Insurance has this thing called a ROAD WORRIER Policy. Its something like AAM, but the best part about is that if you call them, they will give you a free tow for 100KM radius to WHEREVER you want. NO CHARGE.

Of course there are other services like AAM, but I like the free tow to wherever I want. Allows me to go to a hotel or house and sleep it over and worry about it in the morning.

Used it once when the alternator konked on the PLUS highway.

Cost is about RM 70 for one year.

Regards

Boink Boink

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
i thought no one care bout this topic :)

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
yarp there is a tolltruck going around PLUS helping those in need.
at the last sepang drag my car overheated & they stop to check what was wrong with it.bunch of helpfull fellas.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Preparing For Your Car Radiator Flush

Your car's radiator and cooling system needs to be clean to be cool. As time goes on, your car's radiator builds solid deposits that can clog the cooling system. A quick, inexpensive radiator flush can keep the system in shape. It's important to change your antifreeze seasonally.
Before you start your radiator flush, make sure you have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience