boost handled by 4G93 NA block..

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
just curious to know if anyone out there running 4G93 block with turbo set up.. what is the max boost that the block can handle? cause i am currently on a rebuilt project for my current damaged engine.. please do share and TQ:driver:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
wat rods and pistons are u using?..

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
planning 2 use back original pistons n conrod with thicker gasket

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
better stick with low boost if like that,not more then 0.7 bar depent on ur gasket, but why dun bro u get better low comp piston like 4AGZE super charged piston?

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
but if like u mentioned that i use the 4AGZE pistons.. i think i'll hav 2 bore the is it? coz i have heard from millennium motorsport mention that running at 1.4bar wiv stock internals also no prob.. running for 3 years d..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
nonit to rebore also can cos the smallest 4agze piston size is 81.0mm..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Y wanna force feed using NA block when there is block which is already meant for t/charged?..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
how about the crankshaft bro? can used back the standard 93 NA block?
That would be the least worry of yours... The crank can take more than 400WHP.
Worry about the conrod (if u're going for high HP) first... The crank is similar to the 4G93T cranks.

Urm... Infact, they share alot of common parts.

On the short block, only differences are

Low compression pistons
Oil squirter/jet

The cylinder head is something interesting.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
but if like u mentioned that i use the 4AGZE pistons.. i think i'll hav 2 bore the is it? coz i have heard from millennium motorsport mention that running at 1.4bar wiv stock internals also no prob.. running for 3 years d..
if u set 2 bar boost at NA block also no prob if u occasionally floor your pedal...try to push your engine like NA engine with 0.7 bar then see what happen...as i know if u bolt on your NA block the max safety boost only arround 0.5-0.6bar and must be low compression...if u use stock piston 0.5bar already easily rip your engine...already saw many case like this...

if u cant afford to buy GSR block (coz very expensive), then rebuilt your short block propperly...the MUST item such as thicker metal gasket, low comp piston (oem GSR should be enough), oil squitter / jet & a good oil pump (4g93T/NA twin cam) should have inside your block if want to enjoy boosting 0.7bar continously and constantly...

normally those people bolt on their engine didnt take look at oil pump...this is very important item for turbo for those who really know abt it...weak pressure from oil pump can be a risk to rip your engine...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
if u set 2 bar boost at NA block also no prob if u occasionally floor your pedal...try to push your engine like NA engine with 0.7 bar then see what happen...as i know if u bolt on your NA block the max safety boost only arround 0.5-0.6bar and must be low compression...if u use stock piston 0.5bar already easily rip your engine...already saw many case like this...
Well, numerous 4G67(NA) has been producing 4++WHP on DynoDYnamics with no problem. Same goes to 4G93 with 2++WHP on DynoDynamics. The key is tuning.

if u cant afford to buy GSR block (coz very expensive), then rebuilt your short block propperly...the MUST item such as thicker metal gasket, low comp piston (oem GSR should be enough), oil squitter / jet & a good oil pump (4g93T/NA twin cam) should have inside your block if want to enjoy boosting 0.7bar continously and constantly...
Thick metal gasket is just a decompression method. If low compression piston is used, there's no reason for thick metal gasket anymore provided there are some clearance issue.

Oil squirters are mainly to cool down the piston crown. I've been boosting 1+bar with a GT2560R for 2 1/2 years with 4G92P with 4G93 DOHC OEM oil pump. No problem. Well, an oil cooler will add on some advantage here.

normally those people bolt on their engine didnt take look at oil pump...this is very important item for turbo for those who really know abt it...weak pressure from oil pump can be a risk to rip your engine...
Yes... But OEM Oil pump are sufficient. As long as they are in good condition...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It looks like Germany's autobahn system is safe from a potential increase of speed-limited areas, for now at least. As posted on numerous occasions, environmentalists, the European Union and even citizens of Germany have called for the adaptation of 80 mph (130 km/h) limits in the currently ungoverned sections. However, today the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, publicly rejected a proposal aimed at reducing automotive...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience