B16a transplant or D16 high boost turbo?

B16a or hogh boost d16?

• B16a stock and save for future mod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • d16 and boost the hell out of here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
currently really in headache mode because cant decide on this 2 option..... i know that b16a is really lack of low end torque in stock form while d16 is other way.... however, i have been quote for a pricing to high boost my d16 that will similar to transplant a b16a...that is why i cant decide on this 2.... should i turbo high boost the d16? or get a stock b16a, driving it normally in stock 1st then turbo it in future?all sifu pls help....

i consider this 2 factor only, reliability and fuel consumption........:confused::confused::confused:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
''reliability and fuel consumption'' no power in mind..?

It depend on the application of the vehicle, drag or track? If just street then dun waste money on it, save up to buy a better car. Keep the old 1 for daily drive. When it comes to mod, there is no benefit in reliability and fuel consumption.

Go buy VW POLO GTI... just saying.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u know what i'll advice sir, always going for the least expensive way, and most importantly with a charger :smile:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Do you really insist to turbo your car? If you dont mind me asking, what is the use of this car? Street? Daily? Weekend? Race?

But since you said FC is important, I'll say B16 transplant but make sure you are light with your right leg.

And coming from a Honda owner, I wouldn't choose to turbo Honda's. I think they're meant for NA. Just my opinion. In the end, it's really up to you.

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Do you really insist to turbo your car? If you dont mind me asking, what is the use of this car? Street? Daily? Weekend? Race?

But since you said FC is important, I'll say B16 transplant but make sure you are light with your right leg.

And coming from a Honda owner, I wouldn't choose to turbo Honda's. I think they're meant for NA. Just my opinion. In the end, it's really up to you.
going for b16a, then save up for turbo..... since the b16a low to mid end torque sell separately, unless b20b...... here got lot of b16 turbo dy..... mainly low boost for improved low end till their 5k rpm roaring.... impressive power output also...:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
u know what i'll advice sir, always going for the least expensive way, and most importantly with a charger :smile:
Truly xtremeleo... Go racun people again :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

I myself face similar problem. Very headache. My 4AFE engine of toyota make is going to kaput soon. Give it maybe 1 more year. I either transplant blacktop or rebuild and boost it. Similar performance and almost same amount of $$. Around 6 - 7k. But is transplant, need to spend huge amount up front. If rebuild and boost, can do step by step. Can rebuild first, then buy parts slowly and then eventually fix all in.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
going for b16a, then save up for turbo..... since the b16a low to mid end torque sell separately, unless b20b...... here got lot of b16 turbo dy..... mainly low boost for improved low end till their 5k rpm roaring.... impressive power output also...:biggrin:

tot u were using 4g63t b4 dis, now dat u switched to NA and u plan to t/charge again?..if u r looking for power, then u would have not ditched the 63t for a b series..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sumthing happened to his wira turbo ehdrian, or he wudnt have changed to an na imo. like i always say, once uve been charged, u'll be hooked for life, hihi..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
haha..addicted for Gs..
ehdrian, my wira float in the rain and killed by nankang tyre at the speed of 140km/h after small rain.....

yesterday morning just go to the shop,luckily early bird catch the eg6 dolphin head,low mileage just 95k km,with new nisin 2 layer brake servo, head cover perfect like new,dun even have paint chip off....rm9k with rear disc and tank....... throwing an envelop of cash like a boss then bring that eg6 dolphin head back to garage... lol........ after a while, there are few ppl come and saw the halfcut sold,keep blame the tauke WTF, since they claim they booked with him dy.....muahahaha...what to do? business mean money....lol:biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Nankang NP sport II .... not sport enough though.... yokohama C drive 2 on my hyundai getz better .... or maybe last time brembo 4 pot over kill it...lol

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro, u invested so much on the engine, y nvr invest on proper set of tires?..wat is power when u cannot control and disregard yr safety?..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
dun say liao la bro,sakit hati already.... learned from the hard way, now only use yokohama,toyo,bridgestone and good year tyre only....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hahaha..atleast u learnt yr lesson..most important is u still alive..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys.. im currently driving myvi auto.. im considering to change my auto gearbox to manual.. is it possible to do that? after change it, will appear any trouble? coz i scare after change it will alot of problem.. another problem is is good to swap wit people or go cut shop to buy a manual gearbox? what is the market price should be? SIFUS !! pls advice me.. confusing here.. THANK YOU !!:adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience