BMW Group Malaysia welcomes F30 3-series; CBU only for now

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

With news of the final E90 3-series leaving the plant in Kulim, it was only a matter of time before BMW Group Malaysia would launch the latest F30 3-series here. Now in its sixth iteration, the 3-series is BMW’s most successful premium sedan, with over 12 million units sold worldwide since the car’s creation in 1975. Three variants of the F30 were unveiled at today’s launch – 320d, 328i and 335i. Two trim levels are offered: Luxury and Sport which feature specific exterior and interior design cues and a different list of standard equipment.

What are the differences between these two trim levels? With the Sports Line, owners can opt to have the kidney grille, air inlets, and tailpipe trim finished in a high-gloss black and will include sports seats, sports leather steering wheel and subtle contrasting trim details. The Luxury Line offers the same exterior effects as Sports Line, except this time in a high-gloss chrome finish. In the cabin, more chrome accents and wood trim is offered to provide a classy, luxurious look and feel. These options are not offered on the 320d.

Both the 328i and 320d are powered by four-cylinder engines and will feature BMW’s TwinPower technology. The 335i however, will maintain the tried and tested in-line six. Except this time around, the 335i also boasts TwinPower tech! The 320d has a 2.0L turbocharged mill that makes 184PS/380Nm and completes the zerotohundred sprint in 7.6 seconds. The petrol variants make 245PS/350Nm (2.0L twinscroll turbo, 328i) and 306PS/400Nm (3.0L twinscroll turbo, 335i) and complete the sprint in 6.1 seconds and 5.5 seconds respectively. These numbers are pretty serious, especially so in the case of the 328i (which replaces the 325i).

All three cars will feature an 8-speed auto-box. A new feature that debuts in the F30 is ECO PRO engine management mode. Activate this mode and power delivery, air-conditioning output, as well as other non-essential electronic comforts are reduced slightly to boost fuel economy. BMW’s studies show that with ECO PRO mode activated, fuel savings of up to 20% can be achieved. The resulting fuel savings are displayed as ‘bonus kilometers’ that are added to the car’s range. Makes you think if hybrids really are the way of the future.

Another standard feature on the 328i and 335i is BMW’s ConnectedDrive Apps. This is an interface system that integrates the car’s Video Playback, iPod Plug-in functions, and allows customers direct access to web radio, Facebook, and Twitter via the on-board Control Display. The 335i goes one step further with the full colour BMW Head-Up Display (HUD) system. We tried this out before in the BMW E70 X5, and found this feature a plus.

Prices are RM268,800 for the 320d, RM309,800 for the 328i and RM488,800 for the 335i. These are prices are OTR, without insurance, and includes BMW Service + Repair Inclusive (BS + RI). The CKD programme has yet to start in Kulim, and is expected to start in the next three to four months.

To view all the pictures from the launch, please click here.

Attachments

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Would love to get the 320d..
Then mod the exhaust to a proper dual exhaust..
The car looks freaking good with dual exhaust..
Sadly it doesn't come with paddle shifters for the 320d..

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
BMW getting faster and faster now....i wan 1 too....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I see the guy sitting on the car in the third last picture I also feel pain la... HAHa... So little love for the car? If girls okay la...

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
i cant seem to comprehend what the boys in the BMW design house are thinking :s . Each car now looks like a smaller/larger version of the other

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i cant seem to comprehend what the boys in the BMW design house are thinking :s . Each car now looks like a smaller/larger version of the other
Exacta

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have to agree with the comments above. The F30 carries over many design cues from the F10, and for me... this is still a little confusing. Perhaps the F30 is a little ahead and we just need to catch up. I guess we will find out when these hit the roads in Malaysia.

That said, I can say definitively that red is not a good colour for the F30!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Phew RM269k only gets you the lowest version 320d?! :banghead:
With that kind of price, better go with the Golf R! Much faster, and much better looking too!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hohuum...............Gen2 with a butt. Nothing to be aawed about. Persona to save proton? hahahhahaahaha............side bets anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience