Blow Off Valve.....

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
just want to ask any pro and cons of replica greddy RZ / RS bov ???
i hear from zerone shop saying max boost 1 bar after that " BOMB " the bov and get a new 1 so he recommend me get a orig RZ greddy

whats your advise otais

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
haih, some ppl still dnt understand wht surge is , hmm
its nt the bov tht makes tht sound

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
you will hear the surge sound when the bov set too tight and during throttle release. the throttle body shut immediately and the pressurize air is trapped and travel back and forth throttle body and turbo compressor. the psshh psshh psshh sound is the pressurized air moving in between. really cool but not recommended if the boost is high.

bov sound usually will discharge once not psshh psshh psshhh. AFAIK FYI :D

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

you will hear the surge sound when the bov set too tight and during throttle release. the throttle body shut immediately and the pressurize air is trapped and travel back and forth throttle body and turbo compressor. the psshh psshh psshh sound is the pressurized air moving in between. really cool but not recommended if the boost is high.

bov sound usually will discharge once not psshh psshh psshhh. AFAIK FYI :D

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
the air will end up at air filter. thats where the sound produced. thats why i said listen carefully between BOV and airfilter.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
i experienced it when using Sard R2D2. piston bov kaput. spring lost its elastic ability.

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
just want ask turbosmart kompact series bov are they made out of plastic??? and can it be weld on stainless steel intercooler piping??

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
what are the symptoms of the BOV not holding?

i'm not sure if my BOV is leaking. lately my boost cannot go past 1.1bar. but it's holding steady at 1.1bar.

is this a sign of the BOV not holding and leaking boost? im using a Greddy Type RS. car was tuned to boost at 1.4bar.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello pals,

I stay in BM . I wish to modidy my air filter ( drop -in ) and exhaust system ( extractor to muffler ).

But, can somebody recommend me which shop is good and reliable in Penang, Prai, BM, Kulim or Butterworth ??

My budget is a around RM 1000.

Just need to know which SHOP.

Thanx

voon
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience