Blacktop + webber possible?

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I now thinking to use webber system on 4AGE blacktop. Does it work? Beside this, the VVT does it still able to engage?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
most likely it is possible...in some vids especially ae 86 N2 spec...you can see those japs use everything on 20v...from mikunis to superbike carbs/throttle body to their 20v...something like the pic...

not sure about the vvt though...maybe have to cheat the ecu...or use standalone...

Attachments

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
most likely it is possible...in some vids especially ae 86 N2 spec...you can see those japs use everything on 20v...from mikunis to superbike carbs/throttle body to their 20v...something like the pic...

not sure about the vvt though...maybe have to cheat the ecu...or use standalone...
What need to be done if need to use webber?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sorry, what is webber can I ask?

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
webber @ kuburator - still use ECU meh..as far i know no need ecu..make me kompius

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

can use but fuel can't tahan lor...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
webber @ kuburator - still use ECU meh..as far i know no need ecu..make me kompius

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

From EFI to barbie? Isn't that considered a downgrade? Sorry I don't know much about this. But I also came across a thread some time ago about 20V using this "webber" thing. Since is it carburator, what advantages does it have over EFI???

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Yes... got webber ie mean no ECU. Beside the side effect of the fuel consumption, what are the thing need to do or mod to able this setup run?
In my mind is only ignition coil... but what else?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

From EFI to barbie? Isn't that considered a downgrade? Sorry I don't know much about this. But I also came across a thread some time ago about 20V using this "webber" thing. Since is it carburator, what advantages does it have over EFI???
Advantage = Better performance, like standalone in EFI, better respond
Disadvantage = like nappx said bad fuel consumption, and alot...

References: Bill Sherwood's Modified 4AGE Page, page two

Here are video link where 20v use weber's
YouTube - ‪Really Nice AE70 (with Nomura Ken)‬‏

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I think u need to think again as weber are hard 2 tune. Got weber sifu in this forum, he mod ''kambing'' very fast. Weber need to tune by hand n feel, since no ecu, no knock sensor, no air cond, idle badly if not well tune, better u get standalone. just my own opinion, any sifu pls correct me.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Why does it yield better performance? Since EFI is the breakthrough in fuel delivery, it gives superior fuel atomisation, precise fuel metering and better combustion. In the end, more power. And if you want more fuel, can use piggyback and high flow injectors. Why change to carbie again?

Unless this is some kind of carbie that is better than EFI, which I do not know. Mind to share more?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
if you wish to retain stock engine equipment and use webber you definitely have to have some sort of ECU...especially if you want to retain vvt function...unless you change the whole ignition system (to MSD for example)...because on stock 4age engine...ignition is controlled by the ECU...IMHO you cant just change the intake system but neglecting the ignition system...

if the carbureted engine (like old proton engine) then not much mod necessary...most likely plug and play only...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
definately not a recomended setup

lots of other things u can do

yes, it is posible.. but d end result will not satisfy ur hunger 4 power

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if you wish to retain stock engine equipment and use webber you definitely have to have some sort of ECU...especially if you want to retain vvt function...unless you change the whole ignition system (to MSD for example)...because on stock 4age engine...ignition is controlled by the ECU...IMHO you cant just change the intake system but neglecting the ignition system...

if the carbureted engine (like old proton engine) then not much mod necessary...most likely plug and play only...

beside the ignition system and disable the VVT system, what are the other thing that need to mod?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear sifu's, im having this problem currently. driving halfway, my air-cond starts blowing warm air out, when this occurs my engine temp gauge will hit redline - making the driver panic. after that, the air cond becomes cold again, and the temp goes back down to where it should be. it repeats itself.

if engine overheat, it wont go down so fast to my knowledge.

what could be the problem? radiotor? fan not working? something leaking?

:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience