Best Place for Rims

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
klang is the best place for rims... especially for taiwan/imitation rims....
a huge choice n many kind of design.... price oso can be said as the cheapest in malaysia...

icechong

Apr 12, 2004
how much they selling the good year tyres? the 13 inches, original wira 1.3?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
The one along Batu Belah near the Shell Station is the famous Jooi Seng. Now they are doing some renovation as the bought over another shoplot. Gonna convert that new shop lot to house 18,19 and 20" rims.

The boss told me now they are also pushing the Hankook brand.

I brought my colleague there last weekend to get 17" rims for his BMW 5 Series. Damn!! Jooi Seng even have rims with BMW logo on it.... almost fooled my colleague to think that they were the originals. The boss quoted him RM2000 for the BMW rims. My colleague was shocked that they were so cheap.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
kedai papan is no longer the cheapest there.. in klang most shops offer almost the same price.. only diff is the service.. some good, some so-so. i've been hearing good comments about jooi seng.. gonna gip a visit soon

pennywise

Jul 6, 2005
Klang
I live in Klang so many years also dont know Klang shop is cheap... My cousin is an Altezza enthusiast, he said Sunway college that row of shop cheaper... He got his 5ZR there long ago instead of going to our regular dealer in Klang.

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
im sad to say that..falken hupsoon sunway has variety of rims...

but just buy rims enuff liao dun let them install

pennywise

Jul 6, 2005
Klang
TypicalGuy said:
im sad to say that..falken hupsoon sunway has variety of rims...

but just buy rims enuff liao dun let them install

May I know why dont let them install sekaligus since you buy from them?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
beatnik said:
kedai papan is no longer the cheapest there.. in klang most shops offer almost the same price.. only diff is the service.. some good, some so-so. i've been hearing good comments about jooi seng.. gonna gip a visit soon
Beatnik, it is true. The competition is so great that the prices in Klang are almost the same..maybe +- RM10. It all comes down to service now.

Since I am very comfortable with the Jooi Seng, I refer my friends there. I also go there to do my alignment and camber. The boss very nice guy and offer me cheaper price. The staff even knows where I keep my lock nut key.

If you get to meet the boss, say that you got to know about their shop from a chinese guy who drives a GTi with the Initial D sticker. Was there last weeked with a colleague to get rims for his BMW.

Pennywise, u need to do some research and then you will know that tyre shops in Klang offers cheaper prices as compared to KL.

pennywise

Jul 6, 2005
Klang
I do have a certain contacts with Klang tyre shop. Like the ones you guys mentioned in Kapar... Along the road, opposite the above mentioned "orange-colored shop" on the left hand side is 6 - 7 shops just before Wisma Hai-O... That 6 - 7 shop, last shop is my family tire supplier - so I believe, I can get a good deal from him.

I'd probably drop by some time this week. Probably tomorrow after work.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i was looking for 17" tyres recently in klang jalan kapar...
tyres wise, the price they offered is around the same as everywhere else...
but what tempted me the most is their price on sport rims and the high amount they offered for my trade in...
later i surveyed further on tires shop around my housing area and i quoted to them the price they offered in Klang...both shops...seemed reluctant to believe the amount they offered for the sport rim which is RM1500(Klang) and they are selling about RM1700+-
One of the shop suggested that the rims offered in Klang could actually be a VRS and they simply put a K-speed cap on it. I was errr...stunned...
I went to the second shop...which in my opinion is quite professional and has a very friendly boss...whom i chatted with for around half an hour...
i asked him the same question and he also could not believe the price offered in Klang for a K-Speed rim...i asked about the possibility of a VRS swap..he said there is such a possibility...and he even sugegsted that shops on Klang(some of them) had recon second hand rims to sell as new rims...and again i was speechless...
I jus wanted to share my experience with fellow forummers here...i wasn't sure whether what was mentioned by the two shops were genuine commences or a mere defamatory statement....
what say u?

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
be suspicious when 1st time nego then price go crushed...ha ha

if hard to nego then most probably they sell genuine instead of used and repaired rims (incl burnt)... he he the best thing is to shop around for best price..see whether they want to serve you or let you wait like bas*ard.

normally their mentality is like this..."u dont buy, i dont bother,..many other customers"

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
azhartestad said:
try bukit kemuning, seksyen 34 shah alam. i think the name of the shop is Kedai Tayar KLANG, my friend got 17 inch Advanti/Avanti rims without tyres for rm1300.
are advanti rims good ? wats the price range for a 16inch rim ?

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
zan said:
be suspicious when 1st time nego then price go crushed...ha ha

if hard to nego then most probably they sell genuine instead of used and repaired rims (incl burnt)... he he the best thing is to shop around for best price..see whether they want to serve you or let you wait like bas*ard.

normally their mentality is like this..."u dont buy, i dont bother,..many other customers"
hmm hmm... :rolleyes:

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Gti
yes u are quite right about the rim caps swapping.. but in the end it really doesn't matter because be it k-speed, KR, VRS, advanti etc all have same quality!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo ladies and gentlemen,

I'm suffering from clutch slippage now, i need a clutch that can sustain up to 300 HP or even better 400 HP if there's any future mod with only 8.5 inch flywheel + pressure plate + clutch, mainly using my car for working trip and daily drive.... OK now i have few options, let me elaborate below for my solution:

1) Get a single plate racing clutch, however i've just been released from hospital 6 weeks ago due to surgery on my left knee and i can't really press the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience