Best place to fix gearbox?

celicacultus

May 2, 2006
Hi you all, my 2nd gear has been giving me problems.
Sometime back, I have to hold it in position or else it will bounce back out, then it totally cant engage. So I was shifting 1st to 3rd.
Now I am running with a friend's spare gearbox, thinking of fixing my 2nd gear syncro.
Any suggestion where should I go? Workmanship? Price?
Thank you all in advance.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
bro,
they do have a few w/s doing the rework. gti always have this 2nd shift problem.the ratio is weak here and tend to reduce the monster performance.
i suggest you buy your friend spare. coz nowdays, people didn't repair manual gearbox.
i think its not that difficult.its only a manual shift.maybe the second gear can't shift to main trainny.thats why the lever return back.
dismantle the tranny and replace the defect gear. thats it.
maybe you can ask "Panjang" Keramat. they doing almost all the Auto repairing.

slave

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
i have a same problem but in a 4th gear. i'm shift from 3rd to 5th...

cultus

Apr 12, 2005
Hii.. Is normal for performance car but is ok for suzuki is not main problem.. U can used 1.0 swift gearbox. The ratio for 1-5 is same and the only different is final gear.. So if ur car feel more HP or more power then try to changed 1.0 swift gearbox.

Then try hit 3rd and 4th gear MAX Rpm... U ask for it..

Let discuss if ur car loss power or any problem.. we can try gv best solution..

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
Nop.
Lee keramat is DZZ. well known of swift gti mechanics with reasonable price and parts.
Panjang Keramat is a famous mechanic dealing with all auto works.
the shop locate infront of ulu kelang mosque near MRR2. junction to UK perdana but take left and left again. second shop on your right.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
GL g/b has different final ratio. thats why your 3rd and 4th gear is better while 5th gear is useless unless you'd mode your engine.

slave

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
how about drive shaft? can use 1.3 drive shaft? or must change to 1.0 drive shaft. but how about cv joint. anybody can give the instruction. i have a problem in 4th gear with my 1.3 gearbox.
or how much the price for gearbox including installation at DZZ?
how much the price for 1.3 gearbox with LSD?

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
ok..1.3 driveshaft can fit with 1.0 gearbox. because the inner CV is the same. different is the outer CV joint. 1.3 has 25 teeth while 1.0 only 23 teeth (if i'm not mistaken).
GL gearbox you can ask DZZ. i'm not sure the price but i think there's still a stock from previous owner.
LSD?? too expensive. not worth it.
outside forumer saying that Cultus gearbox are already have the lsd features but not full time..its only 30%. you cannot check. it may be inside the gearbox itself..maybe during riding, you can realise..
(i dun know this!!) i've use 2 cultus, drive a GT and GL..the feel almost the same. only that GL has better 3rd and 4th gear but weak at 5th.

celicacultus

May 2, 2006
There was a guy in Klang asking RM1.6k for his LSD gearbox. Does that fall in the normal price range?
I think the Cultus LSD is 1.5 way so you will be able to feel the pull to one side when you shift. If the gearbox is outside the car then maybe it is possible to see it thru the drive shaft holes.

slave

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
thanks for the info bro. so better change to 1.0 gearbox. cheaper than cultus. no problem with 5th gear. use it during cruising only. for battle use 1st to 4th gear. but, how about the 5th gear ratio. normally cruising 120kmh at 4000 rpm with 1.3 gearbox.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
with gl, ur rpm should lower than that. i didn't notice the different. coz i only monitor the 7500rpm at 5th...:)
last time i did with GL g/b, 3rd gear reach 160kmh and shift to 4th, exceed 180kmh go down further and shift to 5th and its stay there.
(*this only could be done with option chip - stage 2)

slave

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
i have try cruising at 180kmh with 5th gear, my rpm is around 6000. so, with gl gearbox should be lower than that la. maybe 5500. better fuel saving when cruising :biggrin:
maybe i'll change to gl gearbox...

celicacultus

May 2, 2006
With my current gti gearbox, in 5th gear, 3000rpm about 88 kmph, 3500rpm about 101/102 kmph, I am using 14 inch 60 series tyres.

slave

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
around that. so wasting my time to fix my gt gearbox. i should change to 1.0 gearbox. cheaper...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Conventional petrol and diesel cars are beginning to outpace Toyota’s Prius on environmental friendliness claims a new study carried out by researchers at Cardiff University along with Clifford Thames, an automotive consultancy.

The iconic hybrid car is still the cleanest for its size, but is outranked by nine smaller models from Peugeot, Citroën, Ford, Smart and other manufacturers in a new environmental...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience