Best Engine Oil for NA 20V Blacktop

Cronixz

Jun 11, 2007
been using liqui moly 10w-40 semi syn for almost a year. so far no issues... smooth as ever

meg_omen

Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Friend try add Tufoil engine treatment next time when u change engine oil..the engine will run cooler /quieter/smoother/more powerful and save petrol also retain your engine oil level..interested let me know if ur place don't have any seller. and the Tufoil mix well with mineral/semi/fully synthetic oil without clog ur oil filter.this engine treatment really good stuff
my xperience is otherwise...:bawling:
do go through Tufoil thread for more info or :smokin:...

lkeong88

Nov 1, 2009
There is a reason why they created all these as additive and try to sell them as better than just using your engine oil - its because if they bottled it with engine oil, the oil will never pass any certification by API or whatever bodies, so its very dangerous to use any additives if they do not come in the engine oil already.

Who knows what problems it will cause until no bodies dare to certify the additives

nasr

Oct 21, 2004
Using motul synergie 6100 15-50 after faced problem with motul and locas 10-40.

Half of e oil disappear after 3000km..anyone use caltex 10-40? My pomen suggest to use it

tkw60

Jun 27, 2010
PERAK
for my experience were very good for both my car(camry & persona) and lorry(using diesel )i recommended my friend to try Tufoil.

meg_omen

Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
don't get me wrong as it's not my intention to put down any product...
just that since someone mention about it, i think better for them to go through all reviews...
and Tufoil have it's own thread...
this is about engine oil... i believe...:confused:

for my 20V (old one la coz letgo already)...:wavey:
i recommend...
10-40 --> if engine still ok, daily usage with occasional sprint
15-50 --> if engine still ok, modded engine for daily or track usage
20-50 --> if engine 'starts to makan minyak hitam'...

the above is just my RM0.02... base on experience...:bawling:

ipul_AE111

Feb 5, 2008
can i know, the engine oil will less after hi revving or else is a normal case or something wrong with my BT 5speed? 1st using honda 10~30, after that try petronas semi 10~40 also same issue. now using LEXUS brand fully syn 5~40 will dry soon :bawling:

i know that BT is a high temp engine..mayb the engine oil will burn and disapear or be 'tersejat' in the engine like bro napxx said. somemore i can smell like burned engine oil after down the window. same case when last time drive kancil 850.

nappx

Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
Burning smell maybe got leak..hot engine vaporise an oils and maybe got smell...
now i'm trying REVENOL RSE - 10W-50
-for this time i can really monitor the oil missing or not. mech not aware i bottle 5 litres. he fill in 4 litres into my engine..ha ha ha..
so difficult to monitor lor..
- this engine oil ester based/ but what i'm see now the temp quite high. normal driving can reach 80 to 90 celc.

me2kimi

Jun 25, 2007
For my personal experience, I've been using few type of engine oil
-Penzoil 10w-40 semi sys/mineral : just ok
-Penzoil 5w-40 fully syn : quite good
-Petronas 5w-40 semi sys : quite good
-castrol 20w-50 mineral : suck
-Petronas(myvi) 5w-30 : just ok
-Castrol Edge sport 0w-40 : very good
-Eneos 10w-40 : just ok

Although I use as thin as 0w-40 oil, the oil loss is not noticeable. Maybe my engine still capable to use it.
Some people said Q8, Motul or what so ever engine oil is good, but I can't find it at normal spare part shop.

As a conclusion, I vote for Petronas sytium oil. But it's to expensive. :banghead:

can i know, the engine oil will less after hi revving or else is a normal case or something wrong with my BT 5speed? 1st using honda 10~30, after that try petronas semi 10~40 also same issue. now using LEXUS brand fully syn 5~40 will dry soon :bawling:

i know that BT is a high temp engine..mayb the engine oil will burn and disapear or be 'tersejat' in the engine like bro napxx said. somemore i can smell like burned engine oil after down the window. same case when last time drive kancil 850.
my engine oil will kurang also over some times....i put in torco mpz friction reducer..it seems better now

im running 5w40 + torco mpz in my GTR....i try not to use xW50 or xW60 oil grade...not so prefer

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
my engine oil will kurang also over some times....i put in torco mpz friction reducer..it seems better now

im running 5w40 + torco mpz in my GTR....i try not to use xW50 or xW60 oil grade...not so prefer
for my experience, during my 1st transplant 4age 20v, the pomen full in the oil NAZA 10/40w, oil level slightly reduce by month to month due to have high revive till 7k rpm. but now changes to eneos type not more oil leaking level even though always high revive till 7k rpm. :wavey:

ipul_AE111

Feb 5, 2008
bro nappx, i think no more any oil leak at the front view.. at the behind still not trbleshoot. will do it someday. my opinion is there possible somethings wrong with my exhaust system like gasket bocor or something would cause the engine oil disapear? (in progress changing OEM BT exhaust system: oem extractor + catalytic converter with sensor + full set oem piping, bullet and muffler) if same case come out, still have to trbleshoot again.. then sakit kepala again kah3...

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

thanks 4 sharing..but urs is GTR woa...mine is only seg111 buruk woa..keh3..
is it GTR engine also have a high temp like BT engine?

levin262004

Jul 16, 2010
Actually i was using AMS oil 5w-30w on my BT 5speed, so far even after 5k kilometer also still can feel that the power during high revving. The oil level also didnt less .

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
bro nappx, i think no more any oil leak at the front view.. at the behind still not trbleshoot. will do it someday. my opinion is there possible somethings wrong with my exhaust system like gasket bocor or something would cause the engine oil disapear? (in progress changing OEM BT exhaust system: oem extractor + catalytic converter with sensor + full set oem piping, bullet and muffler) if same case come out, still have to trbleshoot again.. then sakit kepala again kah3...

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

try checking your campulley oil seals, your VVT o ring, your oil pressure sensor, oil pan and your distributor.

ipul_AE111

Feb 5, 2008
try checking your campulley oil seals, your VVT o ring, your oil pressure sensor, oil pan and your distributor.
yaya..thanks for remind me..distributor mayb not..will try check the other 3 parts. sumore mayb flywheel oil seal? there oso got engine oil come out if bocor right?.. if kancil pengsan already lo keh3 have to turun engine wo. lucky me using BT keh3..

bro nappx pomen ke? garage mane?

with low temp thermostat and fan setting, normal drive 70-75 degree only..if whack it hard...80-83degree only normally. transmision oil temp also like that.

water temp is few degree lower compare to both

hi bros....

just want some feedback from those who change their stock cam pulley to adjustables...

need to know if it has any effect, or not much at all in terms of performance...

thanks in advance