B16B crankshaft on B16A block

lohkh999

Jul 3, 2008
Hi Bro,
Anybody know whether CTR B16B crankshaft can use on B16A block?

Thanks in advance.
L999

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
sounds like an idea, but what kind of benefits are you expecting out of it?

Even if you can stuff a B16B crank in, you'd be stuck at finding a proper piston with modified wrist pin height, or using back stock B16A rods,

AFAIK, the b16B block has additional height to accomodate longer b16B rods, while the stroke remains the same. The advantage of having long rods are the fact that it can be revved up without too much concern for wear.

Thats what I think though, but I'm still curious as to what benefits using B16B crank in a B16A block

guangek9

8,000 RPM
May 7, 2008
if ready can include,the cc will same 1595cc only,better u find jun or spoon stroker kit_my fren ek use b16a block but got 1834cc,use jun crankshaft,jun conrod,and b16a piston,jun crankshaft same with b20b got 89mm,just the jun conrod short_so can include to b16a block!!!he buy the stroker kit about rm4xxx complete set

Last edited:

lohkh999

Jul 3, 2008

Even if you can stuff a B16B crank in, you'd be stuck at finding a proper piston with modified wrist pin height, or using back stock B16A rods,

AFAIK, the b16B block has additional height to accomodate longer b16B rods, while the stroke remains the same. The advantage of having long rods are the fact that it can be revved up without too much concern for wear.

Thats what I think though, but I'm still curious as to what benefits using B16B crank in a B16A block
Shiro,
Since CTR crank is 8-weight full-balancer(this the benefit right?). Hence I plan to swap into my B16A block by using back B16A conrod, i just scare the crank cannot fit into my B16A block & cause the cost/time consuming just on remove/remount the crank.

jessie

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

...........................................:smokin:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
if ready can include,the cc will same 1595cc only,better u find jun or spoon stroker kit_my fren ek use b16a block but got 1834cc,use toda crankshaft,toda conrod,and b16a piston,toda crankshaft same with b20b got 89mm,just the toda conrod short_so can include to b16a block!!!he buy the stroker kit about rm4xxx complete set
toda stroker kit rm4k onli???....wow....yet jun stroker is USD3600....

guangek9

8,000 RPM
May 7, 2008
toda stroker kit rm4k onli???....wow....yet jun stroker is USD3600....
sory bro,is jun stroker kit!!my fren buy user parts!!about rm4500,item include,jun crankshaft,jun conrod,jun piston, jun piston ring!!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I'm not so sure because I haven't really measured B16B crank, but from what I've heard of B16B using B18C strokers and rods being plug and play, then using back B16B crank with B16A rods is not really possible because the big end rod width is not same, and crank bearing width also not same, but that's probably moddable, though probably at the expense of strength.

B20B crank also possible, but dunno what kind of rods you need to find. If custom sure can, but with 1.4x rod ratio, I think that engine will loose comp. very quickly if it's a daily driver, that is, if you don't break the sleeves first.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Especially for those living in these areas, please be extra alert.
There has been a lot of robbery/kidnap cases in the Bandar
Utama/Subang/USJ/Sunway areas. Suspected gang operating: Camry Gang up
to 8 members in different cars at different times.

Modus Operandi - at anytime but mostly during the day. They would
stalk
you and as you drive to your gate, "kidnap" you, take you to the ATM -
sometimes several and withdraw money. So, if you do have several ATMs,
just keep 1 on you and not all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience