B16A alternator.. What else can fit?

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Always wondered wat else alternator can fit in the B16A? not the mistaken the current 1 is at 60amp rite?

Pls share or std is still the best...... fyi std B16A has history of the distributor n altenator easily kaput!! :sad_smile:

A

achor

heheh... true... easily kaput. n stocks aren't that many at chop shop either. recond probably easier to get. but... don't know how long it'll last =(

HanafyEG

500 RPM
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
both also senang kaput, best to modify a type r distributor and bigger alternator..not to big la scared burn or short circuit wiring..just my 2 cent

superstreet

Known Member
May 14, 2004
Ulu Klang
Visit site
HanafyEG said:
both also senang kaput, best to modify a type r distributor and bigger alternator..not to big la scared burn or short circuit wiring..just my 2 cent
can u elaborate more on modifying the type-r distributor... need to know.. thanks

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
HanafyEG said:
u can modify if u want to put a bigger capacity alternator..maybe 110amp..
110? wats the ori like? 60?

110 sounda good but wat model issit from? i presume from an accord model rite....

WhiteSpoonCivic

Tree Hugger
Aug 25, 2005
KL
just changed mine.. better use back B16A.. more or less is not good for the car.... ngam ngam will give u a nice feel to the car

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
b16a alternators r not tt great...... esp when u get it from kedai potong or recond 1s lagi dun tahan..... trust me.....

most us hav similar problems but at the end still use back the oir coz dunno wat can go in......

sky_kids

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Penang, KL
110amp...
u can try honda stream 1 i duno how many amp it is
1 of my friend fit in his b16a
but mainly for ice 1
he said the current hardly go down

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
ok..... fr the stream unit? hmmm..... dun sound cheap bro..... thanx anyway

sky_kids

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Penang, KL
err...
feedback are not really good lor..
my friend burned few wires due to the fuse..
hehe

but for ICE no ppl cares

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If you worry about distributor, then get a separate ignition management module running an external coil.

Expensive, but not very prone to failure (but electronic things, you know lah!), and no moving parts to wear out.

Alternator prone to failure on H badge cars? Now that's something new to me!

The distributor prone to failure, I can understand, since H cars run at a slightly higher RPM than other cars, but the alternator still doesn't rotate as fast, since it uses a slightly smaller pulley (compared to other makes) to reduce rotational speed.

Still, I could be wrong and require re-education, so other's opinions are probably valid as well.

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
now i got another question, is the small v n the big v altenator the same?? if not mistaken its different in terms of mounting as well as the socket...... m i rite?? ......

the reason being is tt i hav juz fitted a recon unit n it fried my radiator fans n the battery warning light is constantly on......... any idea y is this happenin??? :X-:

chargin rate is at 14.2 without anythin else on..... any1 care to share....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): The SXE-10 Altezza cult is very much alive everywhere and what we have here is Abcastillo's involvement in a recent Spanish Altezza club track meet. Check out the abundance of track-ready tezzas...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience