Atos Perfomance

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
for me kelisa & kenali really good in terms of power and pick up but if talking about max speed and comfort ride + handling....atos deserved for tat.... if u wanna enjoy comfort ride at high speed on high way pls go for atos....

shawida

Nov 3, 2006
ecu re-tuned at glenmarie...exhaust system at cheras...actually mine is 1st batch 1 liter inokom atos ....since ever ppl keep on complaining the FC then they've recalled all the atos to re-map the ECU after tat the FC really improve a lot and performance also better but the engine got pinging sound. i think they hv advanced the ignition timing, it's FOC. for the exhaust i spend about rm 1000.
hi...wilm3...If my warranty already void (coz my atos is 5 years already) is the re-tuned ECU is still FOC ? if not, how much it gonna cost aaa? also how long do they take to retuned ?

thank you in advance.

edison8200

Known Member
Jul 6, 2007
Atos 1.1 is very good, i have mod my gf Atos. i DIY the air intake system to forcing induction with cold air intake, now the car will only suck in the cold air, then i change new air filter, stock type coz not able to get the performance drop in filter, change Bosch Super 4 spark plugs, Zaptor Gold voltage stabilizer, that's all. The car respone is so much impress now... I have shock the old honda 2.0 from behind, now pick up can feel the pull back feeling. Anywhere, i still looking for few more thing to add.

1. performance hi flow drop in filter ( prefer stainless steel mesh or foam filter)
2. remove the cat and add 2 center bullet muffler.
3. Power Cable. (DIY)
4. 10 points Full grounding cables. (DIY)
5. Spritfire Racing Sparking Unit (ignition amplifier).
6. Lightweight 13" sport wheels.

After get it done listed above, i believe the ATOS 1.1 will never look down by anyone on the road.

Last edited:
May 18, 2006
hi, shawida, have u go the SC for retune??how much does it cost??
another question is, when going back to retune. need full car orginal??
cos my car had change the cool air intake and GK

without_knowing

Sep 27, 2007
Atos 1.1L (manual) Acceleration is kinda slow like 1.0L model but it's totally different when it gets to the top speed..tested on LPD highway, Jln Duta, KL-Malacca.. 4 cylinders (SOHC) still needed..lol...just add on a good air intake system and a good muffler..I like my atos...it can chase any wira WRC..lol...but not a hyundai accent rally car...haha

Last edited:

shawida

Nov 3, 2006
hi, shawida, have u go the SC for retune??how much does it cost??
another question is, when going back to retune. need full car orginal??
cos my car had change the cool air intake and GK
sori I haven't done ecu tuning yet...I think it won't need car original condition, coz it nothing to do with engine system other than the ECU

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
hehe... my atoz 1st gen very2 best...
done with safc + piping exhaust + pnp....
the result awesome... only need cash around rm2k below....

Last edited:

YusofNgah

May 4, 2009
I increased the power of my Atos 1.1 in the following ways:
1. Fix a voltage stabiliser. The new type called MegaRazin costing about Rm60 give good power immediately. It comes with grounding cables.
2. Fix Grounding cables to your car. It gives you more power.
3. Change the Spark plug to Iridium type
4. Cold Air into inlet manifold. Drill a 1/8 inch hole in the Aircon blower unit ( feel with your finger where is the cold area), screw in one those fish tank metal valve ( to adjust air), fix into it a 1/8 inch rubber vacuum hose ( 3feet ) and at the other end of the hose connect with a tee to one the vacuum hose found in the inlet manifold. Btw u need to make a hole in the firewall ( between engine and inside passenger compartment). Reason for doing this: Cold air suck into the engine give more volumetric effficiency hence more power to your car.
If you do not know much about item 4 above just do 3 of the above, and you will get significant some more power.

GSRTurbo

500 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
any one know how much to fix the auto gb for atoz, mine alr kaput?

YusofNgah

May 4, 2009
I have seen an Atos driver drove his car quite fast, overtaking my Atos Prima 2007 model. Dont know what he fix to perform better. For me I add an electric supercharger. It kicks in only when I press the accelerator pedal. ( See photo attached, if it is here)

As for Atos gear box rosak, contact Atos Gearbox no. 0122526335. Rm 1900 to repair. I found this advert in Mudah.com.my. Search for Parts and Accessories 'Atos'. They said they give 5 months warranty.

Bye
Yusofngah

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I only know one of my friend in ZTH totally turn his ATOS into a Monster....Killing Machine...

1.1cc if not wrong but faster than Myvi 1.3 and many more :biggrin:
Sold adi though long time ago :top:

hi, newbie here..i wan ask how to make my atos car save petrol n can pickup fast?? i wan solve tis two problem wif low bujet...any sifu can give comment ^^"'
Change 4-2-1 Exhaust system la...will have better pick up :smile:
Denso Iridium Spark plugs, drop in filter. :smile:

YusofNgah

May 4, 2009
My Atos is year 2007 auto model which has a straight flow inlet filter box as different from the 2005/2006 model. Surprisingly it has more pickup than my wife's 2005 model. Maybe the ECU is an improved one. I improved the performance further by adding/changing as follows:- a)2 MegaRazin voltage stabilser to the battery, another one in the cigarette lighter, b) changed to extractor type exhaust manifold,c) add an electric supercharger triggered by accerator cable at the inlet manifold area, d) add a hydrogen fuel gadget, e) thicker spark plug cables which were modified using other car cables bought from Brothers Shop, f) suck air con cold air into the vacuum tube.The car pulls away very quick and feel nice to drive. However, I didnt want to change the whole exhaust system and therefore top speed is not very much improved. I have retired and do not drive fast anymore. And also the tyres are standard 13 inch type.That Atos (M)speeding very fast is because they fix turbo and the engine will rosak very soon. I had seen one fixed with a turbo, but the owner return a week later for overhaul and the owner did not touch it anymore. There is also a Atos advertised in Mudah for sale on 13/11/2012 which is fixed with an Daihatsu engine 660 cc, but dont not know how fast it can run. What I like most is when I fixed the hydrogen fuel gadget, the exhaust is very clean, hardly any black soot, meaning the engine cylinders are also very clean inside.
However, with so much improvement, saving of petrol is not in my intention because with so small an engine how petrol it can drink? RM50 can get 300km for town use is good enough for me. Thanks. I will not delve on Atos anymore because I am now driving a Proton BLM 1.3 using NGV and it is more challenging. 5 sen per km only, RM 45 a month, how about it? Lagi jimat, lagi power.